Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1209261 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #450 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:57 pm »

Is there any mod out there to increase starting amount of dwarves expendables? The Embark thingy doesn't seem to work for me.
If you don't mind doing some hex editing...
To set your own number of dwarves:
  • Download Hexedit
  • Use Hexedit to open your Dwarf Fortress executable
  • Click Find and select the hex radio button(Make sure to select hex before pasting or you will just have to paste again)
  • Paste 24 14 07 00 00 00 eb 08 into the search box and click Ok
  • Click Find again and repeat the search(Because the result we are looking for is the second one)
  • Change the 07 to the number of dwarves you want(Don't forget to convert your desired number into hex format a.k.a. 14 = 0E)
  • Click File -> Save As and save it in your Dwarf Fortress folder with your desired file name
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 30, 2011, 09:59:04 pm »

Dwarf Caramel is probably finished enough to be included, now. If not, it should be soon; I'm trying to get at least one creature done per day 'till I have the current list finished.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 31, 2011, 12:19:20 am »

Dwarf Caramel is probably finished enough to be included, now. If not, it should be soon; I'm trying to get at least one creature done per day 'till I have the current list finished.
Added.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 31, 2011, 07:53:09 am »

Can we somewhen have a somewhat SORTING feature for animals?..
I doubt that will be available for a mod. It would require coding changes to dwarf fortress.
I don't think it will require massive changes and rewriting, just a little procedure that sorts out array of animals on their name.
Now they're sorted in order of chronology of appearance on the scene, so they can be sorted in another order. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 31, 2011, 02:24:24 pm »

Can we somewhen have a somewhat SORTING feature for animals?..
I doubt that will be available for a mod. It would require coding changes to dwarf fortress.
I don't think it will require massive changes and rewriting, just a little procedure that sorts out array of animals on their name.
Now they're sorted in order of chronology of appearance on the scene, so they can be sorted in another order. ;-)
Never said it would require massive changes or anything just was pointing out you were barking up the wrong tree.  even a little procedure is beyond the scope of modding, it is in the domain of the toady.

If you are serious about getting that ability, place it in the suggestions forum because it is something Mr. Adams would need to do.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #455 on: March 31, 2011, 02:31:27 pm »

It would be excellent if you could add 'Makes several creature materials (scale, fur, etc) tannable and adds extensive Adventure mode crafting' to the Wanderer's Friend entry, rather than having no description there.  Thanks.
Also known as Zuhayr.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 31, 2011, 02:40:00 pm »

It would be excellent if you could add 'Makes several creature materials (scale, fur, etc) tannable and adds extensive Adventure mode crafting' to the Wanderer's Friend entry, rather than having no description there.  Thanks.
Done =)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 06, 2011, 02:42:02 am »

Could you move the Dwarf Fortress Advanced mod under the major mods listing? I think it fits better there than under normal mods.  :)

Thanks in advance!
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 06, 2011, 02:58:03 pm »

Could you move the Dwarf Fortress Advanced mod under the major mods listing? I think it fits better there than under normal mods.  :)

Thanks in advance!

Yep, it definitely qualifies. I will move it and double check the description to make sure it is still accurate.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 06, 2011, 08:22:36 pm »

I just released a mod.  Like, just now.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81647.0
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 06, 2011, 09:12:20 pm »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 07, 2011, 09:16:40 pm »

I would like to submit my mod Corrosion under Total Conversions.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81068.0

Years ago, A drug was made that cured aging, it was widely accepted. While aging itself has been cured, the brain deteriorated as normal, resulting in madness. One emotion remained hunger. The Infected pushed the humans to the edge. After years of fighting, humanity able to band together again. However, they are far from winning, face hordes of Infected, and thieving humans in an effort to achieve a new life.

Tell me if there's any problems with the length. Thanks in advance.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 07, 2011, 11:34:05 pm »

I would like to submit my mod Corrosion under Total Conversions.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81068.0

Years ago, A drug was made that cured aging, it was widely accepted. While aging itself has been cured, the brain deteriorated as normal, resulting in madness. One emotion remained hunger. The Infected pushed the humans to the edge. After years of fighting, humanity able to band together again. However, they are far from winning, face hordes of Infected, and thieving humans in an effort to achieve a new life.

Tell me if there's any problems with the length. Thanks in advance.

I really had no problems with the length except that saying "It is a zombie total conversion mod" says exactly the same thing.  Also it lacked telling anything about the mod itself.

Anyhow added it in.

Niseg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 17, 2011, 07:49:56 am »

I've made a path-finding simulator (js/html) with a simple maze drawing ,dumping,linking . It's intended to simulate A* and implement demos for alternative path finding schemes to the  pure weighted A* in Dwarf Fortress which can cause slow downs due to it's high complexity .

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81686.0
Projects:Path finding simulator(thread) -A*,weighted A*(traffic zones), user set waypoints (path caching), automatic waypoint room navigation,no-cache room navigation.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 17, 2011, 12:51:19 pm »

I've made a path-finding simulator (js/html) with a simple maze drawing ,dumping,linking . It's intended to simulate A* and implement demos for alternative path finding schemes to the  pure weighted A* in Dwarf Fortress which can cause slow downs due to it's high complexity .

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81686.0

This is a highly useful thing, and perhaps very important to the development of dwarf fortress, however I am not sure it belongs in the community MODS and UTILITIES list.   HOWEVER I agree the list is currently an eclectic mix of things, so i would be open to hearing why you think it should be included, and I will weigh a judgment after that and possibly another judgment if the the community thinks different.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 69