Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1209466 times)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #720 on: December 26, 2012, 01:25:36 pm »

Could you please change the link for Underhive Settlement to the one in my sig? I took over with the original creators' blessing.

Thank you.

I have updated the link to point to your forum post.   It is under total conversions if you did not notice the original on the list.
12/26/2012
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 28, 2012, 06:57:41 am »

As the year is coming to a close I would just like to thank everyone who has created new mods.   I may not play all of them but you have helped make dwarf fortress a unique experience no matter when I decide to pick it up. 

To the players, Hope the mod list was useful to you again this year, and make sure you thank your favorite mods creators, sure they do it for fun but they also put a lot into every raw they make. =)

Hope you all had a merry Christmas and have a great new year in 2013!

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 22, 2013, 05:30:58 pm »

can you add the mod in my sig

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 23, 2013, 12:05:55 am »

Could you please add the two mods in my Signature?  They are simple, but have greatly enhanced the fun for me!

Upgradable Leather Tiers:

Tanned leather can be sent through a series of reactions to upgrade it to much tougher leather, which can be turned into much tougher armor!  This tougher armor allows you to have a bit of an easier early game, but more importantly, have armor made from the skins of your enemies!

Block Crafter's Workshop:

Since stone is now much more of a rare drop, it make sense to convert much of your stone to blocks.  However, most furniture can't be made from blocks.  This mod allows you to create some of the most basic furniture with blocks, to ease that restriction a bit.

Thanks!  (And sorry for the PM, I sent it off before reading the first post.   :'(   )
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:07:43 am by Dragoon209 »
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 23, 2013, 04:05:57 am »

can you add the mod in my sig

Added 1/23/2013

Could you please add the two mods in my Signature?  They are simple, but have greatly enhanced the fun for me!

Upgradable Leather Tiers:

Tanned leather can be sent through a series of reactions to upgrade it to much tougher leather, which can be turned into much tougher armor!  This tougher armor allows you to have a bit of an easier early game, but more importantly, have armor made from the skins of your enemies!

Block Crafter's Workshop:

Since stone is now much more of a rare drop, it make sense to convert much of your stone to blocks.  However, most furniture can't be made from blocks.  This mod allows you to create some of the most basic furniture with blocks, to ease that restriction a bit.

Thanks!  (And sorry for the PM, I sent it off before reading the first post.   :'(   )

Added 1/23/2013  And it is fine, I have no real preference, just before PM's never use to give me an indication of when they came in so I would miss them for several weeks. 

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 23, 2013, 12:33:49 pm »

I am currently working on my new mod.  There is a short description in the first post, but I can shorten it further if that is necessary.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:08 am »

I am currently working on my new mod.  There is a short description in the first post, but I can shorten it further if that is necessary.
Added.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #727 on: February 05, 2013, 10:29:14 pm »

☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - A mod package that makes DF 3 times as big, but still keeps true to the atmosphere of DF. Adds 75+ Buildings, 1000+ Reactions and 1000+ Creatures. Runs about 25% faster then the unmodded game. Read the thread for more info.

Could you please update the description to this:
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress  - A mod package that makes DF 4 times as big, but still keeps true to the atmosphere of DF. Adds 110+ Buildings, 2000+ Reactions and 1000+ Creatures. Runs about 25% faster then the unmodded game. Includes Utilities. Read the thread for more info.

Mostly numbers, been a while since I wrote this description. ^^

And just for your information: It seems that most people use this list here to find mods. I thought that people would mostly use word of mouth, but I made a poll and 90% of the people came from here. So... good work, it really helps people find what they are looking for :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 08, 2013, 08:52:11 pm »

☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - A mod package that makes DF 3 times as big, but still keeps true to the atmosphere of DF. Adds 75+ Buildings, 1000+ Reactions and 1000+ Creatures. Runs about 25% faster then the unmodded game. Read the thread for more info.

Could you please update the description to this:
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress  - A mod package that makes DF 4 times as big, but still keeps true to the atmosphere of DF. Adds 110+ Buildings, 2000+ Reactions and 1000+ Creatures. Runs about 25% faster then the unmodded game. Includes Utilities. Read the thread for more info.

Mostly numbers, been a while since I wrote this description. ^^

And just for your information: It seems that most people use this list here to find mods. I thought that people would mostly use word of mouth, but I made a poll and 90% of the people came from here. So... good work, it really helps people find what they are looking for :)

I updated this, yesterday I think, just forgot to write a response saying I did.   

I am pleased that this list is helpful, I really do not get too much feedback, but it definitely pleases me that so far it has been very positive.

Just so you know, your mod is one of the few I run and I find it a lot of fun myself, even if it is a bit overwhelming to learn =)

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 12, 2013, 02:40:24 pm »

Well here is some more feedback, profit.

This list is extremely useful.  When I first started out on DF, I searched through just about everything on here, looking at what people had been doing and seeing what was interesting.

Then when I started modding I came to this thread to see how other modders tackled various implementations of different features, like modding civs and interactions.

I, for one, am very appreciative for this thread's existence.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 16, 2013, 12:54:50 pm »

I have a couple utilities that might be added here. The main issue is that they're both in the same thread, and I'm not quite sure how to go about describing both at once... Anyway, here they are.

LangCreate, a DF utility for creating pseudo-realistic languages.
RandCreatures, a DF utility that creates random creatures, civs, and megabeasts.

Note that they both link to the same place... If you want to combine them, I'm not against it. I know I'm supposed to PM you, Profit, but my question is this: Should I leave them separate, or combine them into one entry?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 12:57:12 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 16, 2013, 04:07:10 pm »

I have a couple utilities that might be added here. The main issue is that they're both in the same thread, and I'm not quite sure how to go about describing both at once... Anyway, here they are.

LangCreate, a DF utility for creating pseudo-realistic languages.
RandCreatures, a DF utility that creates random creatures, civs, and megabeasts.

Note that they both link to the same place... If you want to combine them, I'm not against it. I know I'm supposed to PM you, Profit, but my question is this: Should I leave them separate, or combine them into one entry?

Them being separate will be fine, and actually preferable.  It helps keep things clear when it is one mod per listing, even if they happen to point to the same forum message.  I will add them immediately.

Well here is some more feedback, profit.

This list is extremely useful.  When I first started out on DF, I searched through just about everything on here, looking at what people had been doing and seeing what was interesting.

Then when I started modding I came to this thread to see how other modders tackled various implementations of different features, like modding civs and interactions.

I, for one, am very appreciative for this thread's existence.

Awesome =) 

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 18, 2013, 02:03:58 am »

DF entity editor. To the modding utilities, I think. Despite low version number (0.22) it is a release version.

Helps mixing mods (or adding new) by checking entity strings for permitted reactions (and workshops), and adding missing lines. Also able to "cross-check" for not mentioned reactions of existing buildings and vice versa. And some sanity checks on raws for reactions and buildings too.
Somehow it was unnoticed before. Could you please add this to modding utilities?

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 18, 2013, 06:20:14 pm »

DF entity editor. To the modding utilities, I think. Despite low version number (0.22) it is a release version.

Helps mixing mods (or adding new) by checking entity strings for permitted reactions (and workshops), and adding missing lines. Also able to "cross-check" for not mentioned reactions of existing buildings and vice versa. And some sanity checks on raws for reactions and buildings too.
Somehow it was unnoticed before. Could you please add this to modding utilities?

Yeah, it did get missed.  It has been added.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 23, 2013, 12:10:34 am »

Looking for a utility that allows pets' butcher flag to be set. The ones I know of haven't been updated since 31.25 or earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69