Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1209455 times)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #705 on: November 01, 2012, 10:16:43 pm »

I added this.   I try to use the authors recommendations (if realistic) on what list to put things in so it is in major mods.

Just a bit of forewarning, I have been asked by Toadyone to remove some things that distribute his executable's from the list, however, he does not seem to mind yet when coupled with a mod of the raws, but just letting you know.

I wrote a new mod, found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.0
It simplifies a few things, and standardizes wood, grass and animal materials, leads to less items and less clutter from invasions. Currently there is a standalone version for 3 different tilesets and 3 OS (win/mac/linux) and a merging with the modest mod.

Here the text you could use:
Accelerated DF - A small mod that increases FPS by ~25% and standardizes animal and plant materials, decreases types of stones and gems, and lowers the amount of clutter left by invasions. A version that includes the modest mod's bugfixes and balancing is aviable as well. Supports Ascii, Phoebus and Ironhand.

It has no big impact gameplaywise, but the raw modding is rather extensive, so you be the judge if this is a minor or major mod. It does edit almost all vanilla raws, so I would put it into major mods, since I uploaded it at DFFD under that topic. Would be nice if you add it to the list :)
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 01, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »

? What has the exe, but no raws?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #707 on: November 01, 2012, 11:12:59 pm »

the unofficial binary patch for once... it is only the .exe with some bugs fixed. It is included in the modest mod merge, but then again masterwork also has a .exe that is large adress aware...

Thanks Profit :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #708 on: November 03, 2012, 11:59:24 pm »

Please add in my minor mod Lucelle Weapons and Armour

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7097

Adds a ton of historical weapons and armour from different cultures.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 04, 2012, 12:20:34 am »

Installers and some things like hex edits that change the number of starting dwarves.

Please give me a link that is  in the forum =)
I try and keep them all linked here so people can get technical support.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #710 on: November 04, 2012, 01:10:13 am »

Installers and some things like hex edits that change the number of starting dwarves.

Please give me a link that is  in the forum =)
I try and keep them all linked here so people can get technical support.

Oh, sorry.      www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118653.0
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 06, 2012, 01:13:13 pm »

Oh, sorry.      Lucelle Weapons and Armour Adds a large number of weapons and armors from history.
Added.  11/06/2012

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 12, 2012, 12:07:09 pm »

Please update Genesis description and link it to the Genesis Reborn thread.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109846.0

Genesis is a world of dark fantasy. The world is being consumed by the Void, another world released into the creation by an event called Worldbreak. The mod includes many unique-tailored races; many enemies; dwarven castes; magic; magical and necromantic secrets; unique fauna and flora; mechanical constructs; religious buildings and heroes; unique cavern layers (cave/underground jungle/hollow caves), custom demons and megabests, multiple dragon types; unique vampires, werebeasts, night creatures and the like; steam engines; siege weapon aiming; custom-tailored combat, material and armor system; adventure mode "companion order" script and many more carefully picked things.

Thank you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 13, 2012, 09:47:25 pm »

Please update Genesis description and link it to the Genesis Reborn thread.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109846.0

Genesis is a world of dark fantasy. The world is being consumed by the Void, another world released into the creation by an event called Worldbreak. The mod includes many unique-tailored races; many enemies; dwarven castes; magic; magical and necromantic secrets; unique fauna and flora; mechanical constructs; religious buildings and heroes; unique cavern layers (cave/underground jungle/hollow caves), custom demons and megabests, multiple dragon types; unique vampires, werebeasts, night creatures and the like; steam engines; siege weapon aiming; custom-tailored combat, material and armor system; adventure mode "companion order" script and many more carefully picked things.

Thank you.

I am updating the link right now, however the description is just too long.   Normally I will slice them down to size on my own but because of the size and complexity of your mod I do not feel comfortable doing so.   I am going to change it to "Please check link for mod description" but if you could come up with a 1 or 2 line description I will change it to that as soon as I see it.

EmoSpaceMonkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 25, 2012, 08:16:53 am »

I have created a new tool for reading and parsing the legend file. It was really put together as a my first ruby rails application. You can read about it on

http://stephenemo.wordpress.com/dwarfquery-ruby-on-rails-application-for-dwarf-fortress/

You can take a look on it with uploading your legend file by going to dwarfquery.cloudfoundry.com

Demo user is : testuser@gmail.com. Password is sammy1

To upload a file take a while..the legend files are quote big and then it has to sync it to dropbox as it is a free host i am using. The legend file is then parsed asynchronously after the upload. You should be emailed when it is completed.

Anyhow take a look. If I was to do it again it would be parsed via email. Uploading 100's of megabyte files is way too slow.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 28, 2012, 10:30:12 am »

I have created a new tool for reading and parsing the legend file. It was really put together as a my first ruby rails application. You can read about it on

http://stephenemo.wordpress.com/dwarfquery-ruby-on-rails-application-for-dwarf-fortress/

You can take a look on it with uploading your legend file by going to dwarfquery.cloudfoundry.com

Demo user is : testuser@gmail.com. Password is sammy1

To upload a file take a while..the legend files are quote big and then it has to sync it to dropbox as it is a free host i am using. The legend file is then parsed asynchronously after the upload. You should be emailed when it is completed.

Anyhow take a look. If I was to do it again it would be parsed via email. Uploading 100's of megabyte files is way too slow.

I am going to have to consider this...  But I would really like to see some changes made. 

#1 As always, I need a link to a forum post.  Sometimes I consider letting it slide but with something that will generate so many questions in operation I am going to enforce it.

#2 This probably should be a stand alone thing and not done on a website.  I am betting there is a good reason why it is done this way, but most browsers nowadays can handle running of code in them via java or something if it is necessary. Sending 100's of megs just seems like it is going to cause grief.

#3 it seems very complicated to get to work right, perhaps you can streamline some things.   Particularly the upload process.   Maybe have a button like the attachment button for the forums where someone can attach the legends file in text or zip format if they prefer.

There are some other small things but really the big one is #1, I would really like a forum post on this one...   #2 and 3 I will bend on if you do not want to change things, but I do not think you are going to get a positive community response. The number of hoops they have to jump through, especially since there is already another couple legends parsers out there, makes this one seem kinda kludgey.  (Course these are Dwarf Fortress players so maybe =)

EmoSpaceMonkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 28, 2012, 03:40:39 pm »

OK. If you have any comments please put in this post http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119730.0

I would agree it is a little bit clumsy. A better solution would be to accept emails. I had to make some changes when I deployed it. Developing locally it took no time to upload the file, then when I deployed it, it took longer to upload plus cloudfoundry made me treat the worker class which processes the file a different instance to the server app which uploads it plus they cannot share the same file so it needs to be stored via Dropbox.

It does have the advantage that as it is web based it does not use if your locally resources

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 01, 2012, 04:09:29 am »

OK. If you have any comments please put in this post http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119730.0

I would agree it is a little bit clumsy. A better solution would be to accept emails. I had to make some changes when I deployed it. Developing locally it took no time to upload the file, then when I deployed it, it took longer to upload plus cloudfoundry made me treat the worker class which processes the file a different instance to the server app which uploads it plus they cannot share the same file so it needs to be stored via Dropbox.

It does have the advantage that as it is web based it does not use if your locally resources

Added 12/1/2012

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 16, 2012, 05:50:48 am »

Could you please change the link for Underhive Settlement to the one in my sig? I took over with the original creators' blessing.

Thank you.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 16, 2012, 02:08:40 pm »

All hail suds! He unretired my favorite mod!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 69