Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The time has come  (Read 4554 times)

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
Re: The time has come
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2009, 09:45:58 pm »

With no-bleed on limbs and surrounds, it should be possible to make a tentacled horror thing that you've got to dismember one tentacle at a time to cut your way to the giant eye/brain in the center.

Won't be uber (megabeast worthy) until regrowing limbs come into play, but it could make a nasty Semi...

I dunno, give each tentacle a (''violates''?) grappling attack and w/o archers you're in for some troubles. Also - it really depends what it's blood is made of.

Why "violates" attack sounds so ... japanesly mature?
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2009, 10:27:19 pm »

I hate being the token noob, but can someone post a step by step guide on how to install this, and then start up some modding?

How to... install Dwarf Fortress? 

I think he (?) meant how do you place these new raws into the current game version (40dx). And I believe the answer to that would be: you can't. These new tokens and the like are not hardcoded into the current version.

DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2009, 12:17:38 am »

Hey, if anyone's up for a serious challenge, but isn't interested in working on the Xenomorph, I have quite a few very peculiar body-configurations for my Titan "families", from my mod, if anyone would like to try taking them on.

To give a few examples:

Probably the hardest one will be Talon, with the lower body of a scorpion, the upper body of a human (but instead of hands, has a second set of claws), the head (and beak) of a hawk, and a scorpion tail which will be tipped with a claw which injects standard stunning poison, but can also do everything a normal claw can do. 

The thing that makes Talon *really* strange is that while his/her skin and bones (and some feathers, by the way, even though Talon doesn't have true wings) are made of bronze, and Talon also has several automaton "organs", like gears and cogs, including a semi-mechanical heart that's incased in bronze, he/she also has a full set of standard organs--liver, lungs, kidneys, normal blood, etc.

So part bronze colossus, part giant scorpion/flightless hawk, part human/Titan but without human hands. Can latch, size 21.

A second Titan, Caryb, is an amphibious Titan with the lower body of a giant crab, the upper body of a fish-scaled humanoid (so 1 set of crab claws and 1 set of (webbed/clawed) human hands), and the long neck and face of a Moray eel. Black blood, can latch, stout, size 21.

A third Titan, Phlegia, has a (living) body that resembles a skeleton (encased in bone, maybe?), but the bones are constantly burning, and can set things next to him/her on fire. Phylegia has 4 skeletal arms, but no hands, instead his/her arms end in four long, razor-sharp scythe blades. Size 20.

I'd welcome help with these, and there's 32 more varieties back at my mod (and that's just the Titans!):

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=29066.30

If nothing else, working on them, I think, would be a great education in how to use the new Raws, and it's gonna be a pretty huge Mod, with lots and lots of weird critters with strange bodies (more than I can really handle on my own, honestly), all of them fantasy/mythology based, so I can provide plenty of original and originalish bodytypes for as many people as want in.

I'd really appreciate the help, and anyone who helps I'll ofcourse give a mention/thanks to in the completed Mod files.  ;D
For they would be your masters.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2009, 09:29:57 pm »

This will be (and already is) beyond confusing, but I guess I'll attempt to put together some of SHB's Sins of the Flesh creatures. Keyword being "attempt."

This would be made *a lot* easier if/when Toady releases the rest of the more-or-less completed creature raws.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2009, 11:28:22 pm »

Zaithemaster: if you're hardcore enough to put together some of the icons of weirdness I've come up with, *without* the ability to test the new Raws, then you're hardcore enough for me.

Thanks!

By the way, if you have any questions/comments, feel free to post them and/or PM me (I'm not 100% sure my PM works though).

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2009, 12:20:53 am »

I'd like monsters from the Golgathian Badlands, filled with Skinlings, Cereus, and the fact that every 15 years the lands are frozen, and Vicious Sentient Seals fight over dominance and try to save the secrets of the Ice Age from the Eskimos.

Or like some other place were the lands are attacked by xenophobe spores which only desire is to flourish and multiply, don't touch them, it's like lava combined with hydrochloric acid, they come when ever a one of the two satellites ( one is the moon, other is Spore Land ) drops low to the ground and the lands are scorched by it's scintillating light.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2009, 05:16:32 pm »

Zaithemaster: if you're hardcore enough to put together some of the icons of weirdness I've come up with, *without* the ability to test the new Raws, then you're hardcore enough for me.

Thanks!

By the way, if you have any questions/comments, feel free to post them and/or PM me (I'm not 100% sure my PM works though).

I said I'll try. Don't get too excited. =P

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2009, 05:42:36 pm »

Unlike Yoda, I appreciate the effort  8)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]