Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The time has come  (Read 4559 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: The time has come
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 08:12:40 pm »

Demonic Gophers, you made my day.

I can strike one off my list:
1)LIQUID FIRE VENOM
2) FIXED TEMP for stones and metals
3) glass vials (And other things, but glass? c'mon.) break when dropped far enough.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 08:16:47 pm »

Behold:

I KNEW I'd seen something about that but couldn't find it.  Thanks!

Fugue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 01:12:20 am »

Wait, so the new raws enable us to go into detail about eyebrow/eyelash colour, but there's no way to really display that, is there?

I like the functional changes though. I'm only just getting into modding but there are so many possibilities.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 02:01:05 am »

I think that these may be tied to caste that can be tied to tilesets?
Or perhaps it's just so that later on adding in such things wont break saves.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 03:49:22 pm »

The very hour that the new version comes out with castes I'm starting work on a Giant Ant Civ. (And since there will be eugenics...err, I mean....breeding of dogs/dwarves/etc, I'll be sure to make them have high reproductive rates with short lifespans, so you can play around with that.)

I already have a Giant Ant Civ for my own personal use,but...golly, I can't wait for castes.

NewMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • I would rather have Asimov be right.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 11:02:42 am »

I wonder if carp shall be made less fearsome in this release.... of course if this is so then toady might use the caste system to make it so that there is a 1 in X chance that it is an "old style" carp... oh boy.
*Has learned to despise the windows 7 beta within half-a-day* *It's still better then vista, though* *Wants to mod in a race of giant robots, but can't be bothered*

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 01:06:46 pm »

If Toady didn't do that I think I will.  ;D

Once Toady has finished up all the creature raws I think we'll be able to start making new stuff in earnest. Still won't be able to test them, but at least we'll have a lot more examples to work from.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 04:09:53 pm »

If Toady didn't do that I think I will.  ;D

Once Toady has finished up all the creature raws I think we'll be able to start making new stuff in earnest. Still won't be able to test them, but at least we'll have a lot more examples to work from.

And it looks like we may get them pretty soon, now.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 11:30:00 am »

With no-bleed on limbs and surrounds, it should be possible to make a tentacled horror thing that you've got to dismember one tentacle at a time to cut your way to the giant eye/brain in the center.

Won't be uber (megabeast worthy) until regrowing limbs come into play, but it could make a nasty Semi...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 01:31:51 pm »

With no-bleed on limbs and surrounds, it should be possible to make a tentacled horror thing that you've got to dismember one tentacle at a time to cut your way to the giant eye/brain in the center.

Won't be uber (megabeast worthy) until regrowing limbs come into play, but it could make a nasty Semi...

I dunno, give each tentacle a (''violates''?) grappling attack and w/o archers you're in for some troubles. Also - it really depends what it's blood is made of.
[/quote]

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 01:38:06 pm »

Apparently we'll have access to attacks that use multiple body parts, so it might even be able to go after you with all its tentacles at once.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 05:37:08 pm »

I dunno, give each tentacle a (''violates''?) grappling attack and w/o archers you're in for some troubles. Also - it really depends what it's blood is made of.

I'm worried that every person that fights it will hack off a limb in the fight, to where, when you find it, it's just got 3 limbs left...

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 11:03:10 pm »

Indeed.  I've been sort of lax about maintaining the first post here, but it's largely just supposed to be a place where you can say "I'm going to mod this!  This is why it'll be cool."  Then, when more raws are released as examples (perhaps closer to the final form), I can turn those ideas in the first post into links or into spoilers containing the raws that people come up with.

I figure that if we decide on a few things that we really want to try our hands at, individually, then we'll be able to approach it with enough attention to detail (various color patterns for fur/eyes/scales/feathers, perhaps multiple castes, and even a wide variety of almost identical attacks just for flavor's sake).  After all, it's much more interesting to be attacked by the ghost-white albino lion, which initially pounces, grabbing with its left claw, then rends you with its rear claws, then bites your third finger, left hand, and finally locks down on your throat.

sirka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2009, 05:48:21 pm »

I hate being the token noob, but can someone post a step by step guide on how to install this, and then start up some modding?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 05:56:06 pm »

I hate being the token noob, but can someone post a step by step guide on how to install this, and then start up some modding?

How to... install Dwarf Fortress? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4