Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ITS UNDER 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2704 times)

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
ITS UNDER 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 18, 2008, 08:49:49 pm »

Finally. The number is only three digits. Maybe we'll have the update by my birthday. (Feburary 12th)

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: ITS UNDER 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

Being optimistic about toady releasing in a timely manner is a good way to get disappointed quick.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 09:20:35 pm »

At the average rate he's going, it'll take longer than a couple more months for this next update.

1295 was the number he started with, 983 is the number we have now.

1295-983=312

312 is the lines done so far.

It's been exactly 60 days since he posted this update's line count.

312/60=5.2

5.2 is the number of lines done a day, on average.

983/5.2=189

189 is the number of days left at this rate. Putting the next update's release somewhere in June.

I didn't want to be a buzzkill, I just wanted to do some math.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:25:34 pm »

There was a strip in there that was slow, though - if you strip that out, the math points towards Marchish, depending on your method, I think.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 09:26:08 pm »

Keep in mind though, the most recent stuff was all tons of stuff bunched into one.  I expect he'll be speeding up a bit now that he's out of that stage.  Only time will tell though.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 09:45:38 pm »

If I recall he said that the rate that he is going at should speed up soon or something.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 10:03:10 pm »

Yeah, we should cut out the slow patch when determining when it's done.

If we go from the 12th to the 17th we get like 11.2 per day.

That makes it ~88 days until the next release.  But that's a really small sample size.  There's no telling how intensive the remaining stuff is.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 11:06:13 pm »

Don't forget the week-end project days taking out about 9 days a month.  I'm predicting late April.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 11:57:00 pm »

Maybe I'll just start being like "IT'LL COME ANY DAY NOW" about updates. I mean, I'll be right eventually, right?

Realistically, I think it'll come in late spring.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 12:03:40 am »

Based on past experience, the release will come either during midterms or right before I have some sort of project due.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 12:09:25 am »

Don't forget the week-end project days taking out about 9 days a month.  I'm predicting late April.

Late April, you say...
You mean, after April 12th, Dwarfcon '09?
Now THAT would be a great treat- everybody who visits the 'Con in person gets DF pre-release! I am, of course, dreaming.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 12:49:11 am »

Late April, you say...
You mean, after April 12th, Dwarfcon '09?
Now THAT would be a great treat- everybody who visits the 'Con in person gets DF pre-release! I am, of course, dreaming.
We should picket with signs that say you're not a Dwarf unless you've played DF.
And then have posters of dwarves burning alive as they attempt to run away from humans.
Edit: I first assumed by Dwarfcon you meant a convention for dwarves.  Then I went to Google.  Massive face palm here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:51:55 am by Kardos »

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 01:03:58 am »

We don't really need a thread for every single Dev Now update.   Isn't that what the Future of the Fortress megathread is for?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 01:13:22 am »

We don't really need a thread for every single Dev Now update.   Isn't that what the Future of the Fortress megathread is for?

This was more about the line count than the individual update so far as I could tell.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 06:17:00 am »

Don't forget the bug fixing phase after the counter reaches 0.  That takes a while too
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.
Pages: [1] 2