Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sophisticated Gentledwarves Mod 1.1  (Read 2154 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sophisticated Gentledwarves Mod 1.1
« on: December 18, 2008, 04:12:41 am »

A mod that gives your dwarves a more sophisticated side to life.

Adds formal dress type clothes:
Tailcoat
Waistcoat
Monocle
Top Hat
Dress shoes

New plants (for dies):
Black Toadstool
White Toadstool

New Plants (for err sophistication?)
Pipe Weed

New Instruments
Pipe

At the moment I am having the problem of dwarven Civ's only being able to make one or two of these new clothes. Is there any possible fix for this?

Mod: DFFD upload
To install the mod just extract the objects folder over existing unmodified folder objects folder.

-New version out-
Changes:
added Tea stalk plant
added bow tie
added dapper cane
gave clothes FORCED tag
fixed a couple of spelling mistakes and bugs.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 10:05:49 pm by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Sophistication Gentlydwarves Mod (need a little help)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 10:06:38 am »

Did you set the rarity of your new clothing items? [COMMON] will ensure that is is always enabled for the civ.

Also, it would be prudent to trim out unwanted items as necessary, so that your dwarves will either be more likely to or have no option BUT to wear your fancy attire.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 03:46:46 pm »

Did you set the rarity of your new clothing items? [COMMON] will ensure that is is always enabled for the civ.

Wrong!  COMMON will make it rare that a civ doesn't have that clothing item, but the only way to guarantee its presence is FORCED.  I'm pretty sure it's listed somewhere in file_changes.txt, FYI.  There are quite a few handy tidbits in there.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 04:15:42 pm »

Wrong!  COMMON will make it rare that a civ doesn't have that clothing item, but the only way to guarantee its presence is FORCED.  I'm pretty sure it's listed somewhere in file_changes.txt, FYI.  There are quite a few handy tidbits in there.

Thanks that seemed to work.

I have added a few more changes to the mod like alcoholic tea, suspenders and bow tie. Any other suggestions are welcome. Next version will probably be out soon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Sophistication Gentlydwarves Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 05:05:58 pm »

Add canes! Also knightly armor and heraldic shields for your army!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 05:18:25 pm »

Dueling blades.

Or knowing genteldwarves, dueling hammers.

Urist: Spilling blood is such a barbaric thing, wouldn't you say Kogan?
 Kogan: Quite! Our bloodless duels are things humans everywhere should envy. Now mind you many nasty bruises can be had, a few broken bones have been recorded, but the hammer is a true gentledwarven weapon.
 Urist: I'll say, quite a splendid idea.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:43:30 pm »

I think a dapper cane is the best choice for any gentledwarf concerned with self-defense.

Google image search for "dapper cane" gave me something in the ballpark.  I'm surprised it came up with anything relevant at all, really, since nobody uses the word dapper anymore.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 08:54:44 pm »

I wonder if this modification for gentrification would warrant the introduction of rifles. They are, after all, the most civilized of weapons, and have an aesthetic that only a true gentleman can admire.

*sips tea*

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 09:22:17 pm »

I have come across a couple of problems with the suspenders as in dwarves can't wear both suspenders and a shirt. This results in some odd ungentlemanly dwarves wearing suspenders with nothing underneath, trousers, a top hat, and a tailcoat. Now as you can imagine this is quite a disturbing image, and not something I want.

Therefore suspenders are out!

I may end up completely transforming the dwarven civilization into a completely 19th - early 20th century British gentleman's club. I'll add some gentlemanly sporting equipment as weapons as well (think cricket bats, fencing(dueling?) rapiers, tennis rackets, hunting rifles). But I think this is taking it a bit too far...

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 10:22:58 pm »

I have come across a couple of problems with the suspenders as in dwarves can't wear both suspenders and a shirt. This results in some odd ungentlemanly dwarves wearing suspenders with nothing underneath, trousers, a top hat, and a tailcoat. Now as you can imagine this is quite a disturbing image, and not something I want.

Therefore suspenders are out!

I may end up completely transforming the dwarven civilization into a completely 19th - early 20th century British gentleman's club. I'll add some gentlemanly sporting equipment as weapons as well (think cricket bats, fencing(dueling?) rapiers, tennis rackets, hunting rifles). But I think this is taking it a bit too far...

Regrettably, there are no forms of Dwarven recreation other than "laze about on break/attend party" mode.

I'd love it if these could be subsumed by more interesting activities; I.E. instead of just being "on break" a leisuring dwarf Goes For a Walk or Smokes his Pipe, with corresponding stuff. That probably counts as a Bloat item, though.

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sophisticated Gentledwarves Mod 1.1
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 10:39:11 pm »

THIS IS MADDNESS
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 10:54:00 pm »

THIS IS MADDNESS
Madness my dear? Not at all. This is DF. Indeed. *gently prods Jurassiced, who loses balance and falls into the pit*

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 11:12:55 pm »

Spiffing idea old boy, absolutely top-hole.

The hammers are presumably useful for a spot of croquet as well.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 03:44:39 am by Marlowe »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 09:06:13 am »

While I do admire the smashing representation of posh British nobility and elite, one must take careful considerations to how Dwarves would handle these. And while the little brutes might find it dandy to have a crumpet buttered the wrong way, they have found a few jolly good replacements that go well with their, eer, interesting culture.

And I must say, I had an idea for other races being things relevant to a posh British nobility, but knowing the nature of this electronic device of wizardry any such attempts and renaming would result in unneeded political commentary. And that just won't due!

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 02:55:55 pm »

Last time I looked, Britain still existed sir, so the term "post-British" seems needlessly ludicrous. And I have absolutely not a smidgeon of a clue which other race you might be referring to.
Pages: [1] 2