Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Deadliest Creatures  (Read 10007 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Re: The Deadliest Creatures
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 06:53:34 am »

>-cArPpp>
      -
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 06:46:10 pm »

Carp are no threat if you can swim.

No, the real threat, the real threat are five or six beak dogs.

Fuck those guys.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 02:20:41 am »

Crazy bad ass kungfu wolves. I was playing as a titan in adventure mode and got ambushed by wolves. At the beginning of the fight one of the wolves jumps up and rips out my throat. Made me laugh thinking about how high it would have to jump to do that.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 02:45:59 am »

Crazy bad ass kungfu wolves. I was playing as a titan in adventure mode and got ambushed by wolves. At the beginning of the fight one of the wolves jumps up and rips out my throat. Made me laugh thinking about how high it would have to jump to do that.

Ever seen Princess Mononoke?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 05:22:58 am »

Ooooh. Big ass wolves in there to.

Samyotix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 08:04:51 am »

Erm.
I believe the adjective to use with the wolves is "bad ass".
"big ass" refers to the Princess ... right?  ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:06:22 am by Samyotix »

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 12:26:48 pm »

Ooooh. Big ass wolves in there to.

And head-shooting-off too. I just watched it. The wolves didn't really do anything that special themselves though...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:34:27 pm by Neoskel »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 01:02:24 pm »

All I can remember from that movie is tens of thousands of boars marching to their deaths faster than lemmings... and some freaky apes or something...
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 01:14:31 pm »

I'd say for the most shocking insta-death it has to be giant cave swallow(men?)s.  It seems like every time I'm on a good, healthy rampage hunting down a giant I get side-tracked by one or two of these guys, then turn a corner just to have my brain pecked through.
Maybe not the deadliest in a stand up fight, but definately a number one adventurer life-taker.
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 05:36:38 am »

the only thing i ever seem to have issues with is elite bowmen or crossbowmen of any kind. ive never died to a giant cave swallow, but i keep hearing about how bad they are... to me they are just annoying feathery meatbags who run annoyingly fast when i lightly injure them.

but things which have range... even with good armor and skills there is still a pretty high chance that they will get a piercing organ skewering shot from outside your vision range when your raiding a goblin fort or something.

also, ive never been able to beat the champion dwarves i leave behind when i abandon in fort mode, though ive only done so when they are berserk and i cant recruit them. but i tend to have them legendary in as many different skills as i can manage though... so yeah.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 06:11:30 am »

Never make GCS breed like rabbits.
I found a cave with nearly thirty of the things.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 06:33:25 am »

I just tried to spite you. Holy hell, that world was nuked from my files so fast I was scared.

EDIT:

Yes in the span of 22 minutes I edited some files for the creature, made a world, and found a cave. Died in under a minute.

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 06:53:02 am »

Not to derail the thread to badly, but it'd be a cool experiment to set them up as a race in place of the elves and see what happens.  Giant Cave Swallow Archer men.  or some such thing.
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2008, 08:38:35 am »

hah, to that poor unlucky bronze colossus guy who had his throat torn out by a wolf, i just went around with a brand new wrestler, found nothing to do at my starting civ and no weapons or people to recruit, so started marching towards the nearest human town.

i had taken all the clothes from a trade wagon that somehow fell from a great height along with its mules and diplomat as soon as i spawned, and i got ambushed by tonnes of wolves along the way, and beat them all to death with a pig tail shoe i happened to have been holding in my hand.

and the biggest ambush was 8 wolves in one go. with a pig tail show. with a brand new character who was only a competent wrestler. till i finally lucked out and got eaten by a cougar who was unimpressed by my blood soaked shoe of doom.

and seriously, ive had goblin towers collapse as soon as i enter the area, and one town sink into the sea when i arrived in it, but do random wagons fall out of the sky often? ive never even seen a wagon before in adventure mode, and to have one go splat right in front of me was a bit of a surprise.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2008, 08:49:10 am »

hah, to that poor unlucky bronze colossus guy who had his throat torn out by a wolf, i just went around with a brand new wrestler, found nothing to do at my starting civ and no weapons or people to recruit, so started marching towards the nearest human town.

i had taken all the clothes from a trade wagon that somehow fell from a great height along with its mules and diplomat as soon as i spawned, and i got ambushed by tonnes of wolves along the way, and beat them all to death with a pig tail shoe i happened to have been holding in my hand.

and the biggest ambush was 8 wolves in one go. with a pig tail show. with a brand new character who was only a competent wrestler. till i finally lucked out and got eaten by a cougar who was unimpressed by my blood soaked shoe of doom.

and seriously, ive had goblin towers collapse as soon as i enter the area, and one town sink into the sea when i arrived in it, but do random wagons fall out of the sky often? ive never even seen a wagon before in adventure mode, and to have one go splat right in front of me was a bit of a surprise.

Now first, i was a titan. If i was a bronze colossus my throat wouldn't matter at all. Second, i have also owned legions of wolves with inferior equipment on other characters. Third, awesome wagon rain.

Did it just die an turn into wood?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6