Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Deadliest Creatures  (Read 9988 times)

NewMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • I would rather have Asimov be right.....
    • View Profile
Re: The Deadliest Creatures
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2009, 08:36:29 pm »

Bronze colossus, dragons I find to be really easy once your shielding is at a high enough level, bronze colossuses on the other hand can just rip the thing out of your hand without even trying.  :(
*Has learned to despise the windows 7 beta within half-a-day* *It's still better then vista, though* *Wants to mod in a race of giant robots, but can't be bothered*

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 10:45:40 pm »

I then procedded to whack a cougar with my left hand before it got annoyed and killed me.
I choked two cougars and a tiger (I think) with one of my own kobold chunks once. Next one got me, though.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 08:59:47 am »

eventually we need a tag that  lets us put bits back on.
THen when you chop off the Zitans arm with your steel axe? only useful until he picks it up and puts it back on.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 09:53:48 am »

lets us put bits back on

Only if you can attach bits from other creatures, thus turning yourself into an ever-tortured abomination of dragon wings, demon tentacles, and dozens of GCS legs.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 10:06:03 am »

Only if you can attach bits from other creatures, thus turning yourself into an ever-tortured abomination of dragon wings, demon tentacles, and dozens of GCS legs.

For some reason, all I can think of right now is the evil(er) Ms Bitters from the Invader Zim halloween special...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2009, 12:07:19 am »

lets us put bits back on

Only at a fort with the Mad Scientist noble ;)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2009, 01:02:12 am »

Mad Scientist? Thats a brilliant idea!

Oh god. A Mad Scientist themed Community fortress! That'd be awesome.

Awesome.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2009, 01:19:55 am »

Mad Wizards, rather.

# CONTROL A WIZARD ENTITY: Not just one of those guys that backs up the team and shoots fireballs, but run something more like a dwarven outpost and construct your own multilevel tower or other such dwelling. This could include adventure style elements where your wizard is engaged in various activities, as well as larger scale army battles and so on. Randomized creatures could also be introduced as you create your minions, and they should be able to breed and expand outward, perhaps becoming a playable race in either adventure or civilization modes. Related to Bloat134, Bloat147, PowerGoal58 and PowerGoal60.
Carry on.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 02:30:36 am »

bah. more like one of the proposed Necromancer-style ideas that have floated around.
Fireballs. bah. Dwarves make fireballs out of raw materials. who needs wizards?
[/quote]

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 06:41:02 am »

toady also has more dev notes about worldgen wizards creating their own creatures  as minions to serve them, who over time become races in their own right, who build towns and elect leaders and wage wars, and may be playable in adventure mode. i think i saw this mentioned in an interview where he was asked about other games with completely randomized creatures, and he said he like having a stock world, but that wizards minion races could add that random interest.

having control over this as a player would be really great, as people in this thread have already described their desire to turn themselves into many legged winged fanged poisonous swimming flying fire breathing monstrosities. coupled with turning the citizens of an abandoned fort as an entity capable of influencing world events...

so, we could be seeing some pretty interesting random creatures and races being thrown up in the distant future.

unobtaniumman

• Bay Watcher
  • Stop squashing Mr. Saturn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2009, 11:08:11 am »

Alternately: Skeletal Giant eagle.

YOU CAN'T BREAK BONES WITH BOLTS.

Wait... wait. How the hell do they fly without feathers?

Oh yeah, a wizard did it, sorry.
Time Kitten: Brown oceans are typically blotched with red for no apparent reason. I say asthetics.

unobtaniumman

• Bay Watcher
  • Stop squashing Mr. Saturn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2009, 11:10:02 am »

i really wanted to be beating off skeletal sharks and zombie whales, but ive never met any yet.

...I won't say it. I swear I won't ask.
Time Kitten: Brown oceans are typically blotched with red for no apparent reason. I say asthetics.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2009, 01:04:35 pm »

i really wanted to be beating off skeletal sharks and zombie whales, but ive never met any yet.

...I won't say it. I swear I won't ask.

Yeah, don't. That would be totally wrong...and stuff.

Heh.
For they would be your masters.

NewMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • I would rather have Asimov be right.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2009, 10:16:38 am »

They fly via the power of pure dwarf-demolishing EVIL!
*Has learned to despise the windows 7 beta within half-a-day* *It's still better then vista, though* *Wants to mod in a race of giant robots, but can't be bothered*

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2009, 11:47:16 am »

Guards, I tend to throw live turtles at them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6