Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191551 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

But I do appreciate the fact that you can get your head ripped off by a flying piece of debris.
Yeah thats nice and all, but when your body is at 100% and it gets split in half from just WALKING. thats not realy fun or realistic. Also the fact that you can shoot yourself with your own gun in the feet doesnt help.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

The only time I've ever suffered injury from walking was with a space marine dreadnought in an old build.  It was so heavy it'd get waist-deep in the sand, and it'd rip its own legs off trying to extricate itself.
Shoes...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

But I do appreciate the fact that you can get your head ripped off by a flying piece of debris.

Yeah, it's like the first game I've seen that gives you a real appreciation for shrapnel.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Also the fact that you can shoot yourself with your own gun in the feet doesnt help.
:o :D lolwut? how does that work? i haven't managed to do that (not that i noticed).

On unit fragility: i've found the dummy soldiers most durable.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

I had a robot soldier try to step on an incapacitated dummy soldier (no legs, only one arm).  He bit the robot's legs off.

I then shot him in the head repeatedly with my humiliation pistol I was using to mop up the last of the forces.

I'm really considering buying this...  If only to make my own special zombie level, where they don't get huge bombs to throw at me.

And one where they do, of course.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

If they don't have bombs, they curb-stomp you, it's pretty intense when you've got a bunch of them on you and they're starting to force you underground.  You know you have to kill them or you're going to die, and they just keep coming.
Shoes...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

Also the fact that you can shoot yourself with your own gun in the feet doesnt help.
:o :D lolwut? how does that work? i haven't managed to do that (not that i noticed).

On unit fragility: i've found the dummy soldiers most durable.
Nope, the most durable soldier is the skeliton. They can take falls, take plently of shots. BUT they dont have a jetpack witch is a pain...

If they don't have bombs, they curb-stomp you, it's pretty intense when you've got a bunch of them on you and they're starting to force you underground.  You know you have to kill them or you're going to die, and they just keep coming.
It was easy for me, all I did was ram a dropship full of frags into most of them. Turned them into crispy fried zombie bits.

Ive been really liking this game so far, just mabey I might buy it. Im sure I could put in some sort of soldier that is strong enough to be able to take a few hits.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I would buy it before the price raises, which could happen when an update comes out.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Heh, I remember Grif. He made a mod that would basically kill everything in a map while lagging your computer to death with shiny balls spraying more shiny balls everywhere.
I played CC around build 18... before it was pay to play.
100% destructible terrain made that game win.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Okay, allow me to show you gits the recipe for true glee:

That's right, surround yourself with shafts that lead into the empty abyss.  Make sure your opening does not have a ledge.  Also make sure that the platforms at the top of the shafts are very narrow, and add a few walls over your brain to keep it safe.  Zombies with heavy weaponry make everything better.

Set difficulty to highest.  Sit back.  Enjoy.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command - disembodied brain controls worms, soldat, sharks with pewpe
« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2008, 07:17:20 pm »

Here's something for all of you to try:

"Beat" the tutorial bunker without getting the "Defend your brain against incoming enemy forces" message. It's possible with many weapons, the snipers being the easiest of those.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe Data himself has given people a way to acquire the game free of charge. You've got to sign up for some free thingy, then you get CC, and then you can cancel the free thingy.

http://www.datarealms.com/devlog/cortex-command/get-cortex-command-for-free-yes-really/

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

I believe Data himself has given people a way to acquire the game free of charge. You've got to sign up for some free thingy, then you get CC, and then you can cancel the free thingy.

http://www.datarealms.com/devlog/cortex-command/get-cortex-command-for-free-yes-really/
Your mail box will probably be spamed shitless though. I sure wont try anything like this without a second opinion.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Hrmm...  I'd really like to get this for free, but I don't know if I'd be able to get away with it fully (I.E., not picking a scam).  It's safer to just buy the thing, but that price tag is stupidly expensive for something this early in the development.

I need something more to convince me to actually pay money for this thing.  Anybody got pictures of A) a dropship that can offload its cargo without killing it, B) a mech that won't kill itself by attempting to move, C) a money-making device, or D) a view of some Ronin warriors holding off a zombie horde.  Either that or a DooM mod.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

I agree, really I like the thing but Im not just going to pull out 18 usd for something that isent even done yet. And thats so buggy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79