Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191480 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?
« Reply #1125 on: October 04, 2012, 09:54:25 am »

Did they add kick to the digger? It's annoying.

Anyway, I successfully captured one area by letting both AIs fight it out, then dropping a bomb  on the surviving brain. That was fun.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1126 on: October 04, 2012, 10:34:45 am »

I think the root of the problem is that we can't see where the focus is while moving. I had the same issue.
E: Herp derp, I can is reading
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:10 am »

I think there's always been recoil effects from diggers, at least from B26. You can make a skeleton body fly with a heavy digger.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 05, 2012, 01:03:24 pm »

I believe there was always recoil from diggers (at least in B23), as that was the main method of movemnet in zero-g maps.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 05, 2012, 02:08:59 pm »

I think there's always been recoil effects from diggers, at least from B26. You can make a skeleton body fly with a heavy digger.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily say a whole lot, seeing as pretty much anything beyond throwing a small stone will cause a skeleton to either fly away or shatter; what with them being made of paper and all.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 06, 2012, 07:12:40 am »

Somebody mentioned that their brain died for no reason earlier.
Since we are on the topic of digger kickback, I'd just like to mention that this is the reason your brain sometimes kills itself while auto-digging.
For this reason I never use my brain with autodig, instead I call down engineers to dig.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 06, 2012, 07:43:22 am »

none of my guys seem to want to autodig..I give them the order and sometimes they do it half-heartedly, a few inches here or there, but none of them put effort into it.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 06, 2012, 08:19:34 am »

none of my guys seem to want to autodig..I give them the order and sometimes they do it half-heartedly, a few inches here or there, but none of them put effort into it.

That sounds oddly realistic
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 06, 2012, 09:11:26 am »

Somebody mentioned that their brain died for no reason earlier.
Since we are on the topic of digger kickback, I'd just like to mention that this is the reason your brain sometimes kills itself while auto-digging.
For this reason I never use my brain with autodig, instead I call down engineers to dig.
I think it was because i stuffed a rocklet full of grenades causing it to autogib older actors. Including my brain. *sigh*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 06, 2012, 09:43:53 am »

They're definitely fixing that, their twitter has listed at lest 3-5 fixes for AI digging.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 06, 2012, 09:52:26 am »

Thats it. As soon as i can scrape together enough money, I'm gonna get this and KOTOR.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 06, 2012, 10:45:44 am »

They're definitely fixing that, their twitter has listed at lest 3-5 fixes for AI digging.

For the moment though, I think it still works to just give them chained move-to waypoints in solid dirt which will cause them to "accidentally" tunnel through the big gold deposits on their way.  It's not permanent, but it also gives you a teensy bit more control over what the dimbulbs are getting up to.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 06, 2012, 11:51:13 am »

That's a nice fix.
I've observed that they dig better when alone, I think multiple diggers mess each other up.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 06, 2012, 11:59:56 am »

Especially if you try to save money and issue them Ronin shovels. Fortunately, the trench shovel from the Wermacht mod doesn't cause as much fun.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 06, 2012, 07:54:53 pm »

Especially if you try to save money and issue them Ronin shovels. Fortunately, the trench shovel from the Wermacht mod doesn't cause as much fun.

"Oh drat, I appear to have dug my own legs off...  Better smack the head of the fellow next to me"

Ronin are just so adorably squishy.  I like trying to get medevac for the heavily wounded, dismembered and bleeding fellows by getting a dropship to pick them up and take them back to base.  Makes me feel like I care.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 79