Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191515 times)

Dari

• Bay Watcher
  • I punt kobolds.
    • View Profile

For those of you playing B22 I would recomend the DarkStorm Military technologies mod, it adds various actors, weapons, and Naval Railguns. Also I got a mod that puts in an R.P.C. (http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/Logicone/RocketPropelledChainsaw.jpg)
In case of death, coat in platinum, and worship as idol god.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My favorite mods would have to be the A-X series of mods. Giant cannon, mech, flyer, and a couple of other things. Parts of them were great too. You could give a grunt the giant cannon's cannon and fire it away from the enemies base and kill the brain with the recoil. Granted the grunt kinda disintegrated but it was still an effective weapon.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Thanks Sean.

Also, you can technically get Cortex Command for free legally.

Data set up Trialpay, which means if you go through the hassle of signing up for something annoying, like realplayer superpass and then cancel before the free trial ends, you can get CC for free.  ;)

Speaking of which, Darkstorm and KMF are both very good. The KMF needs some balancing and bugfixing, but the mech is great.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 11:47:37 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Also, you can technically get Cortex Command for free legally.

For sure this is how we do it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:53:37 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For crying out loud, couldn't controls be mapped to keys rather than mouse movements?

This is my number one complaint.  I even posted a thread about it.  I think the developer is just way too in love with his cute little radial menu, but I hate the damn thing.  What kind of shooter doesn't let you press 'R' to reload?

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you, but you do realize you can remap the keys to not use the mouse, right?

If you're just complaining about the radial menu, well, you get used to it. Or at least, it's a lot better than the previous version, which was the radial menu but only the cardinal directions. The menu feels quite freeing, I must say.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Well yes, you can change input to just keys. But unless stuff got changed from b20, all that did was map a button to open the radial menu which you then navigated with the direction keys.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I like the orkz race very much. They are quite reliable when it comes to jumping (they don't crush into pieces like robots), they have a bit lower height which allows them to walk freely in cluttered corridors and also they are just plain cool :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

If you're just complaining about the radial menu, well, you get used to it. Or at least, it's a lot better than the previous version, which was the radial menu but only the cardinal directions. The menu feels quite freeing, I must say.

Yes, it's the radial menu.  It's cool but I don't like being forced to use it for simple actions like reloading.  Don't try to defend the inability to do something as basic as remap controls.  Despite being one of the most easily moddable games I've ever seen, CC has glaring inconsistencies, like that and the inability to edit cargo loadouts (yes, the default Rocket/Soldier/SMG/Digger is hardcoded).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:55:05 pm by Footkerchief »

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know that if you just click again it'll automatically reload?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know that if you just click again it'll automatically reload?

Only if it's empty already.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

This might help I bit, if you have one use a gamepad, you can reload really fast with a gamepad.  Well, I can.  ;D     Sadly, it's not one button, nothing you can do about that.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile

Only if it's empty already.

There's always something better to do with an almost-empty clip than just reloading.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's always something better to do with an almost-empty clip than just reloading.

First, no, this is obviously wrong.  If I've got a dummy nailgun at 2/8 and I need to go into that tunnel with a full mag as soon as possible, you think I'm going to take the extra second to shoot at nothing?  Hell no I want to mash 'R' right now.

Secondly, who cares about almost empty?  Most of my manual reloads are on almost full mags.  It pays to be ready.

This'll be even more important when shotguns with tube mags can be reloaded incrementally.

The radial menu has tons of other problems too, like the Buy button scooting around depending on what you're controlling.  Even if you develop a buy reflex for humanoid actors, try to use that same reflex on a rocket and you'll trigger the self-destruct instead.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Yeah, the reload sucks.  It really sucked back in build 18, where instead of ctrl-R to restart, it was just R.  I don't know how many games I prematurely ended with that stupid button.

Unrelated, what game is that gif from, Footkerchief?
Shoes...

Dari

• Bay Watcher
  • I punt kobolds.
    • View Profile

Looks like Realspace... or deadspace... whichever one is a space combat sim. I'm pretty sure they both are.
In case of death, coat in platinum, and worship as idol god.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 79