Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191487 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?
« Reply #1095 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:02 am »

I don't suppose there's any version of Spectator Mod (the one where the AI spawns units automatically for all sides) still in existence? Google Fu fails me.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 02, 2012, 10:15:21 am »

Spectator still works in b27, you just need to add in an invincible (or close enough) brainpod to keep going continuously. Also it might need some tweaking for 1.0.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 02, 2012, 10:23:20 am »

Read up on what the Dev says on the forums. I'm kind of getting the feeling that he's not going to work on this any more, since he says that he's just going to work on CC until they start making the next game. It doesn't sound very promising.
Good thing I picked this up a long time ago when it was a cheap alpha that nobody thought would ever be finished. I've more than gotten my money's worth.
Yep.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 02, 2012, 10:51:32 am »

Thing is, I can't find any version of it anywhere. Either Google hates the mod or it's disappeared off the face of the internet.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 02, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »

The anti-air drones are fun. I watched one blow off an enemy brain's dropship with a missile when the game started. The dropship starts spinning and whacks the enemy brain off the mountain, killing it with the impact and making it tumble all the way down. Funny stuff.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1101 on: October 03, 2012, 05:55:59 am »

The anti-air drones are fun. I watched one blow off an enemy brain's dropship with a missile when the game started. The dropship starts spinning and whacks the enemy brain off the mountain, killing it with the impact and making it tumble all the way down. Funny stuff.
Can you just plop down AA drones all over the surface in build mode? Nobody would be attacking you then.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 03, 2012, 06:25:08 am »

I think they eventually self-destruct due to general cortex command AI wonkiness.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 03, 2012, 08:23:48 am »

Can you just plop down AA drones all over the surface in build mode? Nobody would be attacking you then.

And that's one of the many broken things about the game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1104 on: October 03, 2012, 08:37:01 am »

And that's one of the many broken things about the game.
Seems like a perfectly valid tactic to me. Its one I've used since campaign mode appeared. You can place deployment points or outright buy units all over if you have the money. The problem is that the tactic takes quite a bit of money.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 03, 2012, 08:37:47 am »

I dont really get what deployment points do, could anybody explain them to me?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 03, 2012, 10:00:04 am »

they plop down an actor with whatever equipment the deployment uses. If you're coalition and you place a sniper point, it'll spawn a iht coal trooper with a sniper rifle.

If the actor from that deployment dies over the course of the battle, it will automatically spawn a new one as well
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 03, 2012, 10:00:40 am »

Ah, i see. But what about skirmish defense? You dont have a specific faction in that.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 03, 2012, 10:09:20 am »

I don't think it works in skirmish defence.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 03, 2012, 10:25:18 am »

The point is that it's way too easy to build a perfect defence.
In case of the campaign the perfect defence is leaving one guy with any gun at the landing point, and watch him take down AI brains as they always land in the same spot.

Also the AI sucks at digging gold, and never calls down engineers.
This means that if you survive the initial wave of AI soldier, you have won.

such a shame this does not have proper multi player.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79