Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191749 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command - What do you mean Data actually updated it? B25 8/4/2011
« Reply #750 on: August 04, 2011, 09:30:55 pm »

try pop-out window?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 04, 2011, 09:33:55 pm »

That works, many thanks  :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 04, 2011, 09:49:42 pm »

The Revolver Cannon is strong enough without exploding shells.
I didn't even know that the shells exploded, usually whatever get's hit by the revolver cannon dies.
The problem is that it requires a solid hit. A shot that doesn't hit head on will deflect, but previously, they would explode a second later, also when they burrow into the ground. The explosion wasn't much, but it was cool.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 04, 2011, 10:03:32 pm »

I don't suppose there's a way to adjust the game speed?  This is the first time I've played CC on this computer.  My old computer had about half the processor and RAM of this one, and now CC goes from running like it's in slow motion to super fast motion.  This does make it infinitely more playable, but I can see this getting tricky.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 04, 2011, 10:59:35 pm »

I don't suppose there's a way to adjust the game speed?  This is the first time I've played CC on this computer.  My old computer had about half the processor and RAM of this one, and now CC goes from running like it's in slow motion to super fast motion.  This does make it infinitely more playable, but I can see this getting tricky.

Run copies of DF in the background?
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #755 on: August 04, 2011, 11:32:37 pm »

LAME! The Linux version doesnt have the campaign yet, says "COMING SOON!".
I got nothing

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 04, 2011, 11:55:23 pm »

The linux version is actually a bad port done frantically by some other modders apparently, sort of like how Data just integrated their a lot of their work to actually get B25 out.

I saw where they asked Data about how the linux version was running badly and he was like "lol I don't know anything about linux, blame them".

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #757 on: August 05, 2011, 12:09:58 am »

yeah, I'm not about to launch into criticism of data, I've long since given up on him. Its nice to having something new to play after all this time, like what, 2 years? I'm not complaining, I'll just play it on my other computer but on that machine i have such better options.
I got nothing

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 05, 2011, 12:26:36 am »

Heh, I'm not really complaining about it or anything, just pointing stuff out as I see it.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #759 on: August 05, 2011, 12:47:55 am »

Of course, yeah thanks. I didnt mean for my post to imply that or anything.

How are people enjoying campaign mode?
I got nothing

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 06, 2011, 03:27:18 pm »

Its fun... when I can get my brother to play with me.

CC needs network play though... if only; if only...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 06, 2011, 04:22:01 pm »

Yes, it needs netplay.

Also, trying to do the Maginot Mission. I get to the part where you have to evacuate(turns out, you can't move your Brainbot until you do), and I get the bot outside while calling in an empty dropship for evac. The dumbass dropship decides to immediately leave, and before I can get my brain back indoors, a dummy with a Nailer Cannon fills the head-bowl with dozens of hot tungsten slugs, while the sniper and shotgunner on overwatch sit back and stroke their guns in a disturbingly phallic fashion.

The only good thing about dropships are that you can pilot them where you need them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile

I like how you can have your legs shot off and suddenly you become a super-mobile flying robot torso of death.
Sigged.
Ontopic:
This game is awesome.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 06, 2011, 08:48:34 pm »

Stupid goddamn ladders and automatic doors. Trying the Maginot mission again, and I keep falling off the damn ladder to get out, or the door keeps closing on my face. Eventually made it.

Then I got my revenge in Dummy Assault. And in a very dwarfy way. Sent one trooper in with a heavy digger, and burrowed halfway through their base right next to the contoller. Grenaded and shot it until it died.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 06, 2011, 08:56:43 pm »

Stupid goddamn ladders and automatic doors. Trying the Maginot mission again, and I keep falling off the damn ladder to get out, or the door keeps closing on my face. Eventually made it.

Ditto for Dummy Assault.  It's almost impossible to rocket up a shaft with ladders on both sides, but you can't grab the ladders either.  And God help you if you wanted to go the tank route and used a Browncoat or something else that can't actually jump.

I don't suppose there's a way to get the "Brain vs Brain" missions to work?  Because the AI doesn't set up a brain, so the game ends immediately.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 79