Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191781 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah, for some reason Cortex Command will randomly freeze up and never unfreeze in the middle of matches.

that happens to me too. i think that the game overloads, and just can't take all the things (explosions, deadly leg particles etc.) that are happening, destroying the FPS. like thermonuclear catsplosion while you pump all the magma on your map into an ocean in DF.
That would make sense, for me it happens most often while I'm using Spectator mode with the AI allowed to buy several weapons and bodies from other factions, some of which are very strong, forced to fight it out on Nuts! difficulty on a tiny map (See: Trashlands)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile

New cortex command version! here is some more info

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

heh, hell this thread is old.

Did Data actually freaking update? I might have to update OP with mod recommendations.
New cortex command version! here is some more info
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Update?! Update in my Cortex Command?!  Cool I'll try it out, thanks.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

I cant make any sense out of the campaign mode whatsoever. ALl I can do is scan sites, no radial menu, cant land a ship. No docs anywhere i can find to explain it. No ingame hints.

maybe im dumb/lazy. does anyone know whats going on?

EDIT:

so i guess i get it, you can only scan on turn one, you need to allocate resources to a site, and then end your turn. On the next turn you go there with a with a lander.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:42:33 pm by ductape »
I got nothing

echonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly thought it would never get updated again...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Well I'm getting a mouse bug and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of new stuff, hrrmm.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly thought it would never get updated again...

I thought that data finaly decided to take the money and run like it seems he plans to.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All that time spent for an alpha campaign? How does it work?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

All that time spent for an alpha campaign? How does it work?
Not with AI is how.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile

As far as i understand it is only mockup and example for modders. Campaign will be useable only after some modding. Also there were some quick-fix versions with mouse fixes soon after the release.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Is there a way to remove objects you have placed prior to beginning?

E:  I keep getting an automatic "You win" upon starting a game.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:42:43 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to remove objects you have placed prior to beginning?

That's because there's no AI implemented yet. It's just for show and to demonstrate how the campaign will actually be like. In a game, you'd choose to scan a site or allocate resources for an expedition to the site. When you land your thingy there, if there's no one else contesting you for it, you automatically gain the site, and I think you get income from the site. You also get a base income each turn. If someone does land there also, then you guys try to kill each other for control of the location, and that's where the gameplay begins.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find Massacre mode to be ridiculously easy, due to the fact the enemies keep killing themselves during drop.

One interesting thing I've found is that the Heavy Sniper Rifle has 4 bullets per clip now. I've also seen the AI start dropping Browncoats, and it seems that for now, factions don't use only their faction's weapons(Ronins using Coalition weapons, Coalition using Dummy weapons, etc). This probably makes sense due to the fact the Browncoat faction doesn't have any weapons.
They also removed the Heavy Brainbot, the bastards.

This also happens in Brain-vs-Brain mode against the AI.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Ah yes, but of course, b25 probably kills all the mods again that did work.

I'll at least update the OP with link to the newest version.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 79