Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191848 times)

Autarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not space marines.

CHAOS MARINES.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Not space marines.

CHAOS MARINES.

BOTH

Edit: Oh could you imagine dreadnaughts in this game? STOMP STOMP BURN SMASH

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No it would be SMASH SMASH BURN STOMP
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

No it would be SMASH SMASH BURN STOMP
We need a new word which incorporates stomping, smashing, burning, and KILL THE HERETIC AAAAGH!

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WAR40K

WARHOK

There, that's your word.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I formally request the inclusion of a space marine in Cortex Command for the glory of WARHOK

Autarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are there any really big mechs for B24? I want something that is essentially a walking weapon's platform.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not that I can see. Dreadnoughts are the biggest body in terms of overall size I think, but they're pretty pathetic. You could order a dropship, load it with dropship-bombs, and fly it overhead and rain hell with it, and kidnap any survivors, but I guess that's not what you're looking for.

The Gatling Gun. 100 rounds, (surprisingly) fast reload, 25-30 rounds to bring down a dropship, about 40-ish if you're not really going for the engines. Only downside is the spin-up delay, and probably the weight. One of the better weapons I've seen. And if any of those bastards make it to the ground, this gun takes care of that, too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Autarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone should buy Deon a copy of Cortex Command and coerce him into modding it.

Deon is a modstrosity in the modding world.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For me, I think the big goal of modding would be making walking-tank-dudes, like those gun-chin things in the intro-slideshow fighting the Whitebots alongside the Coalition soldats.  Watch to the end, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=15830

The only one I could find but I'm sure there are others, they just happened to be buried under a lot of other mods. The pictures are dead on this link but the file is still there.

I formally request the inclusion of a space marine in Cortex Command for the glory of WARHOK

http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=13457 <= My favorite
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14578
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18911
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13509 <= Orks

Sadly noone has ever made a dreadnought but these are all very exceptional mods.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Jetting o're the fields,
shooting dummys down,
gaining many kiels,
just don't be a clown!

Coalition trying to get you,
Ronin getting crushed,
rockets failing to land,
blood on many hands!

Making clones all die,
with their stupid AI,
none will care so why be there
when there ain't any hair!

Oo-oh

Jingle bells, many fells,
blood flying at you!
heads are being crushed,
arms are being lost,
and you don't really care!

Oo-oh

Jingle bells, new builds,
B24 is here!
many don't appear,
HIB has given Data money,
which we hope will make him work real hard!

Not the best song.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, I just found out the HSR can go through about 50 pixels of dirt. Digging tunnels ain't so smart now, is it!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

I quite like the Uber Cannon. Yeah, it may be just a grenade that lets out grenades, but it's got sweet range, and getting a dead on hit with it is incredibly satisfying! Also exploding dropships is funny.

My usual setup is a robot with HSR and Uber Cannon. HSR works well enough for close range, and I'm just playing to cause carnage anyway. HSR also has a lot of force in the bullet, so it catapults people well enough, especially if they're flying. And if they're not, I can switch to the cannon, then take off (just) and nuke the site from (near) orbit.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thinking of getting this game --bit bloody for my tastes, but fun... and whada you know... the HIB expires just as I decide it's worth the money I planned to spend. DOH!!!!

What do I do now? I guess there's just the crippled DRM version out there... and the grey-market HIB version download kindly released by the developer.

How much did the DRM version cost again?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 79