Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191863 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Maybe the game uses crazy french time? No wait, that was 100 seconds to a minute.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

There was a typo in One Man Army's script, I fixed it. Nuts difficulty had 305000 milliseconds, and Max difficulty only had 105000 instead of 605000 like it should.

Also, I'm not bad with offsets either. I already made another mod before:

These things just take time to do properly.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 02:59:17 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

These things just take time to do properly.

Such as T-Bone being way too small.  I'd like to see this one in action; the ThunderKat's dropship-engines aren't visible (I assume it's a dropship) so I'm curious how it balances (poorly I'm sure).

Man, it seems like such a long time ago I was talking about making Cave Story characters.  Those offsets kicked my ass, but it's not like I tried very much.  More than anything, I just got confused on how the limb movements correlate with animation, because I was trying to replicate the Light Soldier with 2x4 pixel arms.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Actually, it turns out I installed an old version of the mod by accident. I forgot about it for some time, so I lost the most recent archive and had to redownload it.

Yes, the Turbokat doesn't balance too well. It's technically a dropship, but it has no engine pods and is held up only with Lua thrusters. It can explode spectacularly though!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4152380/SWAT%20Kats.rte.zip

I'm surprised the mod works at all in B24, there were some changes and I wasn't sure it'd still hold together.

Protip: don't try to pilot the Turbokat manually. Also, don't buy both 'Kats simultaneously, it screws up the Lua for the Glovatrix.
Also, the Kat Launchers don't work. They were killing everything (shooter included), so I deactivated them.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 03:51:59 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh my god swat kats

i loved that show when i was a kid, holy shit. must download now.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

Jaycraft.rte version 0.001
-DropNade Launcher
+ Shoots entire dropships, similar to the flak cannon, but oh-so-much better.
-DropNade
+ Same thing, in grenade form.
-GoldNade
+ Silly grenade that makes a large explosion of harmless gold particles.
Jaycraft.rte version 0.1
+ (Bad) sprites for all of the above!
+ Gold Nade Launcher
+ "Bouncy Nade"
 - I have no clue.
+ "Sticky Nade"
 - Something like concrete, but green.  And in a grenade.
--Launchers for both.
+ Skeleton Key
 - Essentially a copy of Sean's skelegun, but uses my tricks to make the skeletons not die.  Also, the gunners carry these:
+ Esploder
 - Uber revolver cannon
+ Crab Key
 - Shoots crabs at high speeds.  These aren't meant to survive.
+ InvinciBrain
 - Hurrdurr self-explanatory

EVERYTHING featuring goofy self-made sprites :V
Absolutely no balance to it at all, but I don't rightly care.  It wasn't meant to be released.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2941534/Cortex/Jaycraft.rteV0.1.7z
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Must... have.... CRAB KEY!

Also, can you make a machine that clones ZOMBIES carrying CONCRETEGUNS? I want a CONCRETEBIE CLONER!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Anyone know if the latest version works under Wine? I was reading around the forums and it sounds like the activation key was what was causing the problems; if the latest version (from the HIB) is DRM-free.. ?
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you load something onto a ship?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Press fire, "aim" the lines that pop out right above an actor/gun/nonterrain/nondoor. It will then suck it up.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Press fire, "aim" the lines that pop out right above an actor/gun/nonterrain/nondoor. It will then suck it up.

With the caveat that the ship has to be empty.  If it has cargo, you have to unload everything, close the doors, and then open them again.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

Jay, the crab gun is the most lethal weapon I have used so far. It can knock dropships out of the sky, and once it even made a rocket asplode upon impact (don't ask how)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Jay, the crab gun is the most lethal weapon I have used so far. It can knock dropships out of the sky, and once it even made a rocket asplode upon impact (don't ask how)
It could have two explanations. First, that you hit an engine, and those don't like that. Second, it did such an absurd amount of damage that you actually got the rocket to 0 health. They esplode when that happens.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about the impulse damage threshold? Wouldn't that be another explanation?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

Yep.  The crabs are essentially 5kg projectiles flying at absurd speeds.
Lots of potential energy transfer.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 79