Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191844 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Dummy dropships are still the most resilient things in the game, so far as I know.  Unlike the MkII dropship that just has the engines on the outside, the dummyship is actually built properly and has protective casings.  Sure, I can take them out just fine, but that's because I know how to shoot.  Also, the HSR can shoot straight through the casing and trash the engine.

Rocket launchers actually work just fine, as do bazookas.  You just need to aim them properly and they can take out a dropship in one hit (again, engine shots).  But yeah, the flak cannon is a joke...

You really should try the revolver cannon sometime.  If its raw destructive power doesn't destroy the engine, the pure impact force can push dropships into each other or tilt them out of control.  It really is quite lovely...  Only problem is a shorter view range than other guns.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Since the gun fires at 120 RPM, that was actually around 10 crabs exploding. It's just crabs loaded with one grenade each.

And the Rocklet Launcher is the best defence against dropships. Bonus points for being an actual AI rocket - it tries to self-right and fly up, almost succeeding at certain angles (and on looping maps) and resulting in a speedy flying inconvenience for any dropship coming in or out.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I have a mod that makes anti-air sites that launch a rocket into the air and after like two seconds it starts to home in on nearby enemy dropships. The only downside is that there are a ton of effects on it I would like to strip off, but I'm not sure how.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Btw:

First attempt at a to-scale pixel dwarf.

I was wondering how long it would take to dwarf out these things. Of course, we'll need dwarf-scale fortress parts. And weapons. Maybe coins that are thrown like grenades and have insane piercing values?

Of course, you'll definitely need a pick for digging.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Btw:

First attempt at a to-scale pixel dwarf.

I was wondering how long it would take to dwarf out these things. Of course, we'll need dwarf-scale fortress parts. And weapons. Maybe coins that are thrown like grenades and have insane piercing values?

Of course, you'll definitely need a pick for digging.
*nods*

It's all just so I get a feel for the scale of parts. It's a long way from a concept image to an actual actor in-game, because there's somewhere between a shitload and a fuckton of things that need to be made for any given character. It's good when some can be reused, like some basic gibs from the vanilla set, but a lot of things will have to be custom-made for each addition.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 03:43:18 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

It seems like Sean Mirrson has modding down. May be you should make all the images, then hand them over to him to make live.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

Sean, do you by any chance take requests? I want a gun that shoot Dropship rocket motors.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crab gibs make extremely deadly shrapnel, like tip over rockets and kill soldiers deadly. Load about 4000 funds of standard bombs, 500 in explosive charges and add a ton of crabs, load it in a dropship and it will fall like a brick as soon as you buy it, then it will crash and create a giant frag grenade.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, Sean, can you mod this to make dropships instead?

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

and create a giant frag crab grenade.
Fix'd.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Livestreaming a bit of Cortex Command 24 Multiplayer this evening.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Livestreaming a bit of Cortex Command 24 Multiplayer this evening.
Not enough CONCRETE-BIES!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Played the demo, and learned that a crate full of crabs is a great way to bring down a dropship or two. The resulting lag also makes aiming at the engines easier. Don't even need explosives for it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

Sean, do you by any chance take requests? I want a gun that shoot Dropship rocket motors.
I'll do you one better.
Jaycraft.rte version 0.001
-DropNade Launcher
+ Shoots entire dropships, similar to the flak cannon, but oh-so-much better.
-DropNade
+ Same thing, in grenade form.
-GoldNade
+ Silly grenade that makes a large explosion of harmless gold particles.

Absolutely no balance to it at all, but I don't rightly care.  It wasn't meant to be released.
EDIT: Outdated.  See later post.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:47:01 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Alright, I have a Mod form the forums that basically launches a homing rocket at enemy dropships. There is a huge problems of too many effects and junk that pollute the scene and make it lag terribly. I was wondering if somebody could warn me of any issues with looking in there, finding the various smoke and particle emitters and unnecessary gibs, and removing them? Do I have to go to an index and remove them from there as well? All I need is the projectile launching into the air, turning into a rocket and homing in on a victim. the first-stage container should just disappear, and all smoke effects other than from the rocket itself and the explosion should be gone.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 79