Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191897 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Final revision of the two guns:

Skelegun now has blood effects and fires bursts:

Rocklet Launcher is now appropriately ridiculous:

...powerful:

...and about as safe for closed spaces as you can imagine:

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4152380/RockletLauncherV3.rte.zip
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Now you need to make the skelegun launch team 3 (wildlife) skeletons armed with blunderblusses. Or are they already alive?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're already alive, and they're Team 0 (i.e. attack everything that moves). Every fifth one launched carries a grenade, for better effect against vehicles. Any skeletons that survive immediately proceed to pick up whatever lies nearby and walk around shooting stuff. I wanted to arm them with weapons, but with the amount of them you launch, soon there're just too many loose weapons scattered on the ground.

Rocklets from the launcher are real Rocklets, so they net you about 80 gold if you launch them up.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

I'm also going to assume it works with B24. *Goes off to test*
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My next project for the mod is the Thermobaric Oxidation Crustacean-Assisted Munitions Accelerator Cannon, or TOCAMAC. Basically, exploding crab gun.

Btw, the mod also provides the skeletons and the bomb-laden Rocklet in throwable grenade form.

And yes, this was made for the HIB-released b24 version.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Is it possible to make a gun that has the same explode-on-contact properties of the stick grenades?  That could help with clearing up after the skellies (although having them as scavengers is just as good, and can lead to some very interesting results).

What I'd really like to see, though, is just some good old-fashioned AA guns...  I remember mucking around in one of the campaign modes (I still use the old demo version I picked up ages ago, figure I'll just get the Humble Bundle anyways) and setting down a bunch of those dummy machinegun emplacements and just watched them attack the dropships that came in...  Ahh, bliss.  Looked absolutely stunning.

Wasn't particularly effective though.  Dummy dropships are friggin' tanks.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Btw:

First attempt at a to-scale pixel dwarf.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

I'm having severe issues with keyboard/mouse control in 23 and 24 for some reason.
I can't aim in one direction and move in another anymore, and the aiming is incredibly jerky.  Not at all like it was when I played in 22 and earlier.
Did he change it for some ungodly reason, or is there something wrong with my setup?
If it's the latter, is there any way to fix it?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OSHI-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keeping momentum:

The TOCAMAC is big, though not quite as grotesque as the Rocklet Launcher:

Its main ammunition is crustaceans:

...explosive crustaceans:

...VERY explosive crustaceans:

So, it shouldn't be used indoors.

I'll put it up once I'm sure it's playably insane.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah, I downloaded and installed B24, decided I didn't like it (skirmish defense is broken if you use the money cheat during set-up, for some reason, and I like building giant fortresses of doom on the hardest difficulty. Supply drops have studiply specific areas they can land in. All the good maps are missing, etc etc), uninstalled.

Then I tried reinstalling B23, buuuuuut it doesn't work anymore. The game won't start up without B24 at all, even though I deleted everything CC-related I could find. Oh well, atleast I got a full version of the game free now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Dummy dropships aren't that durable.  I took one down with a heavy-repeater - don't worry about gross damage, just try to dump shots into one engine-nozzle.  Watching them spin out of control and hit another dropship is one of the best parts of the game.

That said, it'd be great if there were more dedicated anti-ship weapons.  The flak cannon is useless at close range, and the rocket launcher isn't good enough.

OSHI-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dude.  You're fucked.  They have... evolved...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed, watching dropships spiral out of control and crush whoever they just dropped is fun.

Apparently, I'm not fucked. I took a moon shot with a skelegun one of my people had and I hit it right in the face, killing it again. The skeletons from the skelegun need less collision damage, about 1/10 of the skeletons actually survive the landing after I fire them.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe tone it down just a little bit, how could you fit that much explosive in a crab? Unless they're nuclear. :o
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use dummy dropships, because although they are less durable than the other type, they are much, much, easier to control. And having a dropship hit the ground is never fun.

You can easily fit that much explosive in a crab, order a crab+2 grenades on a stick.
10oz bomb which is better than the dropship bomb.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 79