Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191851 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

I thought I heard that there's so much pressure that everyone gets exploded except for your braincase.
Tis the moid limit. Only 255 of them at one time on the map. A leg, arm, head are all moids. (Plus more, maybe guns are too. The torso is) Over 255 moids make it activate MOID Failsafe 1 and starts killing actors.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, I just put a bunch of bombs in a dropship and did a bombing run, they work great as long as you don't get hit by the explosions.\

EDIT: I was using stick bombs.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:50:03 pm by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Here you go people, if you ever have a shortage of ridiculous weapons of destruction:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4152380/RockletLauncher.rte.rar

Just a quickie, until I find that palette file again so I can resprite it.
Use at your own risk, thrust from the rocklet tends to wound/disarm the shooter sometimes.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile

Is cortex command wiki dead? i want to make a liquid metal sprayer.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, it's extremely annoying. The drop box thingy is the only reliable way, I've found, to get any of your stuff, and even then there's a chance for fail...
Did they re-break that in b24? Because I've never had a problem with dropships, even rockets. So long as you're not ordering a shitton of units at once, which makes them crash/drops all of them in a big pile, crushing the ones on the bottom, then slams into them because lolmomentum.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always design my bunkers in a wave of defenses to be guarded by only one man per zone, if one man falls there's some mines inbetween that defense station and the next one, it's only because the Ai sucks do I actualy have to do this.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

considering the game hasnt had a meaningful update in like a year, i wouldnt doubt it. and the update he did for humble bundle he tweaked the menu and added fog of war. :/
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I always make my bunker with the brain at the bottom, and the entrance at the top of the block, bracketed with two large concrete towers.  The AI can't land it or even near it.  They just try to dig in through the bottom, and then they pile up and can be easily blasted to bits.  Normally I just have a guy with a flak cannon stand on the top of the towers, with which I manually blast the engines off dropships.

I always love when I'm just dinking around with equipment, when suddenly a Mk1 Rocket comes barreling through sideways to explode against the wall.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Yes, but there's a third party one you can access from the forums.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

You know,  you'd be surprised how effective a light browncoat with a heavy sniper is.

Actually, anything that can get to the enemy while holding a digger is deadly.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:30:29 pm by breadbocks »
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

A light soldier with an M16 can take an absurd number of troops, and is usually a better value than browncoats with BFGs, since in either case they tend to get squashed by things in a couple seconds anyway.

Also, I've found that a tomb floating in the air with a few extra walls built around it is pretty much invulnerable to bots until they build a tower of corpses to reach it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

A light soldier with an M16 can take an absurd number of troops, and is usually a better value than browncoats with BFGs, since in either case they tend to get squashed by things in a couple seconds anyway.
Not if you know what you're doing. Get the guy behind a door/shield combo like in the tutorial, and give him a turbo digger, and you're set.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile

I have the absolute most fun just making a spire type fortress, with a few guys with heavy sniper rifles, something about 'splodin' heads and shooting dropships out of the sky with a HSR is way too much fun.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Yeah, sniping dropships is a game unto itself...  If not an art form.  It's shorter range, but I highly recommend using a revolver cannon sometime.  There's just something incredibly satisfying about firing those massive slugs into things...

I was mucking around a bit before, and...  Well, I've fallen deeply, madly in love with the revolver cannon.  It does everything except dig.  It's got high-powered rounds that are good for semi-sniping, it can take out dropships through sheer force, rockets are playtoys, you can take out dreadnoughts in one hit if you hit 'em right, and since the shell doesn't explode (often) you can fire it at close range without extreme risk to yourself.

It may not be the only gun you'll ever need...  But it's certainly the only one you'll always need.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

There is a bunker system that spawns dropship rockets for free. This is all the defense I ever need.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79