Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191767 times)

Kiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No....Data rarely posts on the forums, and the game is not dead as i stated previously, Build 24 early December with the Humble Indie Bundle.
Whoo a whole new alpha build in nearly a whole year! Not even small bug fix updates, no the community does more than data does in a week than he does in a whole year.
kk, just because a new version isn't released for a few minor bug fixes, doesn't means it's not updated
And just because the game isn't updated like the almighty toad does doesn't mean the game sucks :/
The update is actually rather large, not just a bug fix >.< Buuuuut i do agree with the devlog updates they... do need updated lol
The Dread Pirate

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Data isn't lazy exactly.  If he was at bad as making games as he is at updating the devlog, Cortex Command wouldn't exist.  It's a weirdly specific neurosis he's developed.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since folks seemed to enjoy it, if anyone would like to see Cortex Command at its most awesome, I Livestreamed a rather entertaining video which includes part of the campaign, some chat about future developments they've talked about, and a fan-made prototype of the Risk-level Metagame that's been talked about as well.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I just got the trial version, and I can't get my head around the movement. It's *too* articulated. Can't even get past the tutorial level without getting my ass shot off. I'm sure there's some way of mastering this, but it's not worth my time to try.

Hahahaha oh my crap this game is hilariously horrible. Ordered a soldier to be dropped off. The rocket, on departure, crashed into a ceiling from the top and exploded, killing the soldier I had just ordered.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:49:06 am by Eugenitor »

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command - disembodied brain controls worms, soldat, sharks with pewpe
« Reply #379 on: November 01, 2010, 06:56:32 am »

That's the risk of the cheap ass rockets.  They are more durable than drop ships but they need to land and they need a flat surface for that.  Try a skirmish game and place a guy with a heavy sniper rifle.  You can snipe the engines off incoming drop ship, sometimes causing the engines to fly off and crash into something, and always causing the dropship to spin toward the destroyed engine and crash, causing horrible death to all nearby.  This game is really awesome for someone who appreciates details.  Once ini a really intense battle I destroyed an enemy landing craft and part of the shrapnel from it flew across the map and decapitated my guy.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If only the demo wasn't 5 minutes...

Honestly what made him believe that the way they did the demo was a good idea?

Also robots and undead are more fragile then humans but at least they don't have "health"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Okay, I just got the trial version, and I can't get my head around the movement. It's *too* articulated. Can't even get past the tutorial level without getting my ass shot off. I'm sure there's some way of mastering this, but it's not worth my time to try.

Hahahaha oh my crap this game is hilariously horrible. Ordered a soldier to be dropped off. The rocket, on departure, crashed into a ceiling from the top and exploded, killing the soldier I had just ordered.
Best way to use rockets? Take control of them and drop their cargo from higher up(though not high enough to kill the cargo) then fly it into an enemy's face.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kind of odd and cheap that in Cortex Command a great strategy for this game is to simply buy things and kill enemies that way.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

It is totally worth your time to try, although you got mad when something awesome happened, so maybe the game just isn't for you.
Shoes...

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just tried Maginot, which was unbelievably easy before the demo time ran out.

Seriously, although it's amusing, it's really a bad game. Walking is pointlessly slow, the jetpack is difficult to control, empty rockets really are the best weapon in the game, and everything's made out of legos. It lends itself to 'funny' but not a lot of 'fun'.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apperantly the game NEEDS mods to be any good.

If the AI was better the walking could be exclused when you simply tell your units to move on their own.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile

I don't really get how it's a "bad" game.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slow and unbalanced to the point where any sort of challenge is circumvented to the point of sandboxyness?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Slow and unbalanced to the point where any sort of challenge is circumvented to the point of sandboxyness?
Kind of like Minecraft then?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kind of like Minecraft then?

But Minecraft isn't that good anyway, it just has a very loud and exagerated community.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79