Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191726 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why bump it, not like the creator is going to ever finish it.
You say this on the DF forums?
Yes I do, because unlike data toady actualy works on his game.

Data: "Hey guys, for my once every 3 month devlog update here's a tech demo of my latest engine for another game I'm making, but I'm still working on cortex command, just, this is more important even though it's not, thanks for giving me your money to never develop the game, bye."

Toady: "Time for my rare game update, here's a complete overhaul with thousands of new features and shit, have fun enjoying the game guys, oh and if you feel like donating a dollar or two i'd be pretty glad."
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not finishing I am concerned with, more that he has not posted an update about CC in over 5 months.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, they dont support the game and development has stalled.  but i've gotten my moneys worth out of it.  it entertained me for quite a few hours, and certainly longer than some more expensive games.

it has no real replay value for me anymore, and i cant imagine that the finished version will either unless there are some pretty major changes.  but it was worth what i paid and i dont see any reason to be upset about it.

move on.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My favorite thing is that some guy actually made a working campaign mod.
And data still hasn't got around to doing that.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am a bit disappointed with their dev journal thingy. I don't know if anybody here knows about Wolfire or Overgrowth, but they basically update their blog/dev journal every day. Then the cortex command guys (or whomever) said "Hey, we're going to update every day/every week also!"

and then... nope...

nope...

still waiting for our weekly dev updates...

Oh well.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile

He's said build 24 is coming in november. deal w/it.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even if the game is a stagnant heap of semi-coded slag, it can still be a lot of fun, from time to time. I also enjoy Arne's concept art, as he does it. It's a pity he can't be paired with a more dedicated team, because he's a very talented game designer in addition to having solid art skills, be it in writing story arcs, game mechanics, or so on.

He'd probably make a damned fine project director.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's said build 24 is coming in november. deal w/it.

That's not what I was talking about

but that's good to know anyways.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I know you're digging at the less than frequent devlog updates, which I agree with. He doesn't even need to post massive things, just little notes like "balanced blah blah".

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm curious what the campaign mode is like right now.

I also think it would be cool if you could deploy sentry bots and stuff... or at least have soldiers pick up bots that can't jetpack and redeploy them elsewhere.

Hmmm.. it's been so long since I've tried this.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

Is this worth getting? Sounds awesome but sounds like it's been abandoned half way through development.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's still loads of fun. I'd say yes.

Kiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Build 24 is being released early December, to coincide with the Indie Bundle, the campaign (from what i hear) is going good.
The devlog thing, yeah he doesn't care much for the community (from what i hear anyway) but he still does work on the game, but atm he's (DaTa)
is working on another engine so production is not at its full :/
The Dread Pirate

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Who does care for the CC community?  Srsly, man.

Anyway, even if he never released another version, the game kicks ass and is worth every penny, as long as you use mods to keep it interesting.
Shoes...

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile

The game doesn't seem to wanna work. For starters, the desktop shortcut didn't work, and the start menu one too, and i also do not see any .exe that lets me play it.

Seriously, is it currently playable at this time? Because i just can't get it to work.

Edit: I almost forgot. Why the hell did it want to access my Firefox?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:35:57 pm by Hugna »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 79