Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191699 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile

I use 7zip, personally.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

WinRAR is what your looking for.
This is what confused me.  Compare the two links.  Dubious, no?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

7-zip all the way, sir.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Winrar can open 7-zips too. I never found anything that could make 7z more attractive than WinRar to me.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

Pfff, WinRAR? Attractive? 7zip is as attractive as they get, just right click the file and select extract. 7zips are also way smaller.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:02:35 am by ILikePie »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Now that we've started rating compression software in terms of attractiveness, I believe we've passed some sort of subtle line somewhere.

Just what line it is... I'll get back to you. We're way beyond some sort of Übergeek threshold ;)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

This may have actually gone a little of the rails. Lets get back to our main topic.

Anyone try some mods lately? There are quite a few good ones out there.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Just Cthulhu's, which works although the Marines keep falling over, and are just a tad too big for the stock corridors.  But they're fun.  I'd like to check out more mods, but Cortex Command takes like five to ten minutes to load just the assets it comes with, longer at higher resolutions for some reason.  Anyone know of a program-start-faster mod?

By the way, when I played the demo, something about the intro cinematic seemed eerily familiar.  The style, the colors, the material.  Finally I noticed the Spathi in the corner, and I had a little flashback.  Looking at the page linked from there, the guy found a project to glom onto, and finally updated his concept art after a three year hiatus.

And now I want to make an X-COM mod.  Fuck.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

By the way, when I played the demo, something about the intro cinematic seemed eerily familiar.  The style, the colors, the material.  Finally I noticed the Spathi in the corner, and I had a little flashback.  Looking at the page linked from there, the guy found a project to glom onto, and finally updated his concept art after a three year hiatus.
Oh yes, Arne's work is amazing.

Geti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wow, Geti's here too. I loved Zombies '09, the sprites were amazing man, good job with that.
I used to make some mods too. Made a few lua mods, I got bored and quit the crap excuse for a community they have there.
Cheers bro, working on a new one now, with more gameplay than the last one :)
And hey, we aren't too bad. Currently there's like a major cull going on, so I suppose check back in a few months if you didnt like it back when you were active.

Wow this place moves fast.
Oh yes, Arne's work is amazing.
Hell yes. He's one ton of an inspiration for me.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

Cheers bro, working on a new one now, with more gameplay than the last one :)
That's cool. I thought it was dead, though that was about two months ago. What are you working on at the moment?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Just Cthulhu's, which works although the Marines keep falling over, and are just a tad too big for the stock corridors.  But they're fun.  I'd like to check out more mods, but Cortex Command takes like five to ten minutes to load just the assets it comes with, longer at higher resolutions for some reason.  Anyone know of a program-start-faster mod?

RAM does that.
Shoes...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just Cthulhu's, which works although the Marines keep falling over, and are just a tad too big for the stock corridors.

Well you shoudln't forget that space marines are one and a half the size of a normal human.
No wonder that they get stuck in human sized corridors ;)

Depends what you are looking for.
Balanced content, compatible with vanilla CC?
Gamebreaking super soldiers?
Just some fun stuff?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:45:21 am by Mindmaker »

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Balanced content and fun shit for me :D
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 79