Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191695 times)

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

... and up the dropship rate so that rockets and dropships are streaming down constantly...
I like upping the spawn rate even more by messing with the game files

... :( how2spawn-rate?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Depending on the version you have, one of the folders in your CC directory will contain an Activities.ini file. B23 has a somewhat separate activities folder, IIRC. Inside that file, there are definitions for the skirmish activities, including two values for the lowest and highest spawn rates, according to difficulty. If you don't want to mess with the files (which also allow setting up drops like crates full of bombs or weapons), you can just set different difficulty. When you're starting the skirmish, you have the option of setting a difficulty - the harder, the more often the drops. At the highest, "Death", drops happen every 8 seconds, IIRC.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:03:22 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Oh. I got the impression there was a way to change it in-game.
My bad. Thanks for the quick answer, though!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

an octopus missile launcher (from SWAT Kats, it latches onto anything it hits and tries to push it away with enough force to keep a dropship aloft)

That's a mod right?  Yeah, I'm gonna need that mod.  What should I be looking for?  I don't suppose it also includes buzzsaw launchers and concrete-gattlings.

Oh man, I'm gonna waste so many afternoons trying to learn to mod this myself.  Cave Story Mod ho!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

From what I hear CC is actually rather difficult to mod. All kinds of crap that can go wrong. But a Cave Story mod does sound plausible. You'll just need to make some maps with mostly flat terrain though. Quote struggling in the mud is a bit worrying of a thought.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, God knows what havoc the vanilla-mode plants and mud would wreck on the tiny little stick-legs of most characters.  Raises the question, is there some way to make surfaces impenetrable?  I don't want to do that, but so long as weapons can damage terrain Curly is going to spend a lot of time extricating herself from spray-patterned floors.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a scene of a large flat map made of a material that so far only the best of AAL attacks could penetrate. I'll look for it and try to get it for you so you can study it.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

... is there some way to make surfaces impenetrable? ...

Actually, no.

NOTHING is impenetrable when you're firing that one super-mega-orbital-lazor-beam-o-death weapon at it. IIRC, it even breaks scripted self-repairing materials.

If you require hard-to-penetrate surfaces, I'd just go with 'test' material.
Again IIRC, decreasing the sharpness of your ammunition helps at not destroying terrain, too.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile

If you read Ax cop, then you will agree that this is the Best Cortex Command Mod ever
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or you could just give Curly foot atomgroups larger than the actual foot sprite.

The SWAT Kats mod is my own. No buzzsaw missile launchers (they were WIP when I dropped out due to laptop failure), but there're mini-turboblades, mini-cement launchers, and mini-octopus missiles, included with the glovatrix. And there's Turbokat. And the 'Kat Bazooka, which kills the user more often than the target. It's a fun mod.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Speaking of Cave Story, I saw Curly Rule 34 the other day.  You know, SpongeBob and Hey Arnold and all those other things I loved when I was younger didn't bother me much, I just gritted my teeth and pretended it wasn't real, but Curly, man.  That one cut deep.

On a happier note, my Black Legion mod is coming out nicely.  I just need to figure out an issue with the leg sprites and I'm good.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:20:47 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Speaking of Cave Story, I saw Curly Rule 34 the other day.  You know, SpongeBob and Hey Arnold and all those other things I loved when I was younger didn't bother me much, I just gritted my teeth and pretended it wasn't real, but Curly, man.  That one cut deep.

I just put it completely out of mind myself.  If anything I find it a little humorous, like the old R. Crumb drawings of Disney characters crapping in each other's mouths.  Just try not to look at it too long, so the next time you watch Tailspin you don't have to avert your eyes in shame.

...What were we talking about?  Oh yeah, Cortex Command.  And maybe Cave Story mod.  I'm wondering whether Quote should be the standard robot design, as the backstory kind of hints at.  It was never clear to me whether he was mass produced, or the robots were all a little different, or whatever.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There should be a standard "Quote-like" design, and Quote himself. I can help you with anything you don't understand.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Which would be everything.  But I'll be away from my computer for a couple days so don't worry about it.  I'm a little surprised there isn't a Cave Story mod already.  I've looked around, and aside from one suggestion thread on the CCommand forums, nobody's ever mentioned it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently those two robots were specially made to take down the Demon Crown, so you could excuse some liberties made for them. But what will you use for the standard robot design?

Also, Demon Crown brain thingy.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 79