Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191514 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

You're not wasting any computational power if the program you're running doesn't support 64bits and even so, the waste isn't in speed, it's in floating point precision, and if the program really needs it, larger variables.

Just an important note: RAM + VRAM has to be less than 4gb on 32 bit.  ;)
So if you want to play with gfx heavy games in the future = x64 is a must have.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Regarding my earlier problem: nevermind. It seems that gfx ubdates have been released since i last checked. Updated drivers are working great!

And yeah, controls are wierd... i'm eagerly awaiting christmas eve, so i can get ahold of the gamepad i know i've got...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I say you can't play Cortex Command without a gamepad.  Atleast in my opinion, it just isn't right.  You need those two analogs.

EDIT:      Moon Walking FTW!!     unless you do keyboard+mouse  >:(

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Analogs? hmmm... i haven't tried anything but keyboard only. laptop gaming is rough...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oddly the best Blaster is just plain better then the best mining weapon when it comes to going through metal

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the best mining weapon is not the most expensive.  try the heavy digger instead of the pulse digger, and you'll make short work of anything.

of course, you can also dig pretty quickly with a minigun.  but whatever.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the best mining weapon is not the most expensive.  try the heavy digger instead of the pulse digger, and you'll make short work of anything.

of course, you can also dig pretty quickly with a minigun.  but whatever.

I was using the Heavy digger :D

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mods for this game are insane. There's one that gives you a gun that fires dropship engines. One that added a marine in a power suit with huge shoulderpads. I did the natural thing and tackled rockets out of the air. The number of times I survived is frightening.

Dummy rocket = best vehicle ever. Doubles as best single shot weapon ever. There's nothing that can't be solved by poor flying skills.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

My personal favorite is the AAL pack.

All units are power suits of some sort. Includes two large robots, one large dropship impervious to all vanilla weapons and a fighter plane.

Yup the fighter sucks, but use some Lua commands before starting a singleplayer scene and you can try to storm a base filled with overpowered marines and giant robots that require giant robot weapons to kill. You can only really pick up one or two before sinking into whatever substance you are standing on.

And let me say getting one of the robots to fly around a map just to tackle dropships is grand fun.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

The fighter plane is great for attacking, because if you load it with bombs, the speed it spews them out at makes for great bomb runs. I currently like DSTech and AAL both, but my favorite mod is still the Craftgun, shooting RocketMk1's is ridiculous fun.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think this game major flaw is that it can not decide if it wants to be an action game or a rts. It is just impossible to combine the 2 things. When you are controlling your uber robot you just dont have enough time the manage the rest. And when you only focus on dropping the right troops they all get killed because the AI sucks :P
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.

I think this game major flaw is that it can not decide if it wants to be an action game or a rts. It is just impossible to combine the 2 things. When you are controlling your uber robot you just dont have enough time the manage the rest. And when you only focus on dropping the right troops they all get killed because the AI sucks :P

I think it could work as both if they improved the idiotic AI/added in some way of giving multiple troops commands simultaneously.

I really wanna get into modding (looking to make some clone war units and weapons) but they don't seem to have many comprehensive tutorials..
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Haha, if you think the AI is bad now, you should have seen it in every single previous build, where they weren't even smart enough to turn around to shoot someone behind them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Or before there was AI.  ;)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I first tried the demo before they were smart enough to try and dig, much less find a way into your bunker. The AI occasionally surprises me though, as one lone soldier infiltrated a VERY deep bunker of mine and managed to get right up to the brain case before I raced in and put a rail gun shot into the back of his helmet.

Some thinking AI would be great. A setting for "automatic" where your troops (that are designated like so) simply decide where they wanna be at any given time and go to do it. Even if that means following the player or staying where they are.

Also, an RTS-like ability to bind a unit to a key and press that key to select them, that would be perfect.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 79