Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191727 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command - What do you mean Data actually updated it? B25 8/4/2011
« Reply #765 on: August 06, 2011, 09:32:14 pm »

PvP only, I think. Which leads me to repeat what has been said: This game needs netplay.

And I just realized, I probably could have sent a trooper over to drop a grapple gun down to the Brainbot to get out. But I haven't really used the grapple gun much.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 06, 2011, 10:57:00 pm »

My only gripe about B25 is not being able to fucking download it :I

I can download the ccsetup file, but that's it. It registers as a "File", not an application like the B23 and B24 setups. It's about the same size as the others, but I don't know what to do with it.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 06, 2011, 11:09:16 pm »

I can download the ccsetup file, but that's it. It registers as a "File", not an application like the B23 and B24 setups. It's about the same size as the others, but I don't know what to do with it.

Try renaming it, add ".exe" to the end of the filename.

Odd that that would get lost, but that's what it sounds like...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 07, 2011, 08:17:14 am »

I can't seem to make the grapple gun retract or detract. I can use it for swinging, but the pie-menu option for using the grapple gun do not work.

EDIT: Figured it out. Hold crouch, and scroll mousewheel to retract/detract. I think the up/down arrows substitute if you're not using mouse control.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:47:59 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 07, 2011, 03:05:05 pm »

Try renaming it, add ".exe" to the end of the filename.

Odd that that would get lost, but that's what it sounds like...

Thanks, that actually worked!

It's a lot of fun now :o

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 07, 2011, 04:47:28 pm »

I've discovered the recoil from the HSR can rip off a trooper's leg. Plus, there's some kind of ricochet effect from the bullet.

Any mods(preferably with links to) that work with B25? I was looking on TvTropes and there was one that gives you a Kill Sat.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 07, 2011, 06:05:51 pm »

I know Melee Master arms works, and it was made for B23.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 07, 2011, 06:23:27 pm »

Shook's huge pile of mods works.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 07, 2011, 06:44:18 pm »

Y'know, looking around... Did they actually change anything excepting adding a few broken mission types and changing how you select them (Campaign? what campaign?), none of which work in single-player, and tweak a few items?  Because it looked like all they added after a year was some broken mission stuff you can't use in single-player and changed a few items.

What does Data Realms do again?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 07, 2011, 06:45:28 pm »

Something about scripts on attached entities or something which is needed for some modding hooha, but yeah, this is how they operate.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 07, 2011, 07:41:47 pm »

Any way to put in different music? I've got a feeling the game may be more awesome if set to Epic Battle Fantasy music.

Plus, I wonder how hard it would be to mod in NoLegs/Kitten Soldiers.

While poking through the folders, I found where the music is put, including a piece or two that isn't used. I also found a bunch of unused scenario luas. Sadly, they don't seem to work.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 07, 2011, 08:56:33 pm »

Take your hopes, dreams and captures wild wallets and bleeds them dry in the cash-cow industry.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 07, 2011, 10:24:07 pm »

So wait, I got CC through the HIB2 (Humble Indie Bundle 2) and I don't have an option for skirmish mode. Is it unlockable, or is this not the full version?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 08, 2011, 01:44:02 am »

Y'know, looking around... Did they actually change anything excepting adding a few broken mission types and changing how you select them (Campaign? what campaign?), none of which work in single-player, and tweak a few items?  Because it looked like all they added after a year was some broken mission stuff you can't use in single-player and changed a few items.

If you look closely, which I don't think you did, the major thing they've added in this version is the ability to attach additional scripts and codes to existing entities. What this means as far as I can tell is the ability to expand the scripts beyond the template of the standard weapon or actors scripts without having to use clever reach-arounds to implement the desired effect in game.

The examples of this is would be the automatic recharging of this gun as well as the concentrated fire if I understood it correctly: http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=24936&sid=65cecd9e645f0594c70d95297e05076f

Sell collective lottery tickets while not correcting people when they assume that there's going to be a grand prize at the end.

So wait, I got CC through the HIB2 (Humble Indie Bundle 2) and I don't have an option for skirmish mode. Is it unlockable, or is this not the full version?

Skirmish mode is at the very top of the scenario selection list. At default, you are placed in the middle of the selection list.

Any mods(preferably with links to) that work with B25? I was looking on TvTropes and there was one that gives you a Kill Sat.

This page and every link that has the number 25 to the left of the title. Some b24 mods work as well (represented by a 24 to the left of the title) to find out just check the last few pages of the discussions.

http://forums.datarealms.com/viewforum.php?f=61&sid=5bd43c82d1b0540157f60152b5e041e9

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 08, 2011, 11:28:33 am »

can someone buy me this game?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79