Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191484 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Looks like Realspace... or deadspace... whichever one is a space combat sim. I'm pretty sure they both are.

It's Freespace 2, and yeah, it's the best space combat sim ever made.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I thought so.
Shoes...

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, anyone on the freespace open project?

Maybe someone should start a thread for that. It's pretty cool.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Back on Topic:  Found something great to do.  Get the KMF Mod, go to Horiz Land or Grasslands on hard mode and spawn a single KMF Officer, then see how many enemies you can kill before you finally die.  The most I've gotten is like 70-something.  He has a really good rocket launcher, and a revolver that can pierce a Coalition Heavy Soldier's facemask, pass through the head, and keep going.  It makes for some very intense combat.  He's also not too terribly overpowered.  He's obviously really strong, and it takes a good gun to pierce his body armor, but they stand a good chance of taking him down if they have the right weapons.  If you go at someone with an auto-cannon in a straight fight, there won't be much left of you.

EDIT:  Something I noticed recently.  As much as I hated the idea that ships would explode now, instead of staying together, the crashed ships look so nice.  It really looks like a rocket crashed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:17:16 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile

Yeah, one of the main changes in the newest build was removing and cleaning up the 'house of cards' effect that debris and gibs had.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

The mod's called "Craft Gun of Rawrelz", so credit goes to the person who made it.

Here it is with my alterations, the weapons are the Alpha Rocket Launcher, the Ronin Cannon, and the Large Crab Collider.

Just create a folder called "anything.rte" in your CC directory, make a new file called "Index.ini" inside, and shove this into it. Should work.

Sean, I'm getting an error.

"Abortion in the file xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx line 162, because
Failed to fine the anything.rte Data Module!
The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'"
and the game crashes.

Need the data module?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Well, by "anything" I really meant "anything" - like, "AIfkahfaadtr". Other than that, I don't know. :P The folder, if it is really called "<something>.rte" and placed in the game's root directory (where the base.rte is, for example) acts as the data module. The file "Index.ini" is the main file of the mod and is used to define all the stuff in it. If you did everything right and have the build 22, it should work...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've started to learn how to draw and connect (arrgh) sprites. Now I'm working on a xenomorph creature.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's make a DF mod! Digging for gold, overpowered ranged weapons, blood and gore all around... sounds very much fitting for DF.

Oh, btw - another "nitpick" about the radial menu - since there's only so much space available, you cannot manually reload your weapon if you happen to be standing on another weapon, you have to pick the weapon up.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 04:19:23 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh, Sean, maybe it's you who can help me.

Here's my guy (tail is not attached still). As you see, he uses standard "legs" skeleton so his legs are going down underground. He should stand higher but I'm lost in walk/standlimbpaths. How to make an actor to stand/walk "higher" correctly?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

^ That is a weird looking alien!  ;D

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Anybody got it working on Vista? I keep getting a wierd graphics-related crash, a minute or 2 after I start the game. Some kind of graphics-driver corruption, i think: the whole screen gets scrambled, I'd post a screenie, but the only way i can recover is to re-boot, usualy via mash-power-button.

Ideas? I just downloaded the latest version. And i've looked for gfx driver updates.

EDIT: I rezolved this, look down.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:35:36 pm by SolarShado »
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got Vista, and a laptop. My GPU's a GF8400MG, and CC runs fine, although I did get some script-related crashes. What is your GPU, and what driver version do you run? What's your system, in general?

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Lemme see...
Vista laptop: 3GB RAM (shared), Device Manager calls the gfx card "NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M", driver version: "7.15.11.6743"

The only other software i've had graphics problems with was a few old FPS games that i wasn't crazy over anyway.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

Yes it's working flawlessly on x64 Vista.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 79