Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191807 times)

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command - disembodied brain controls worms, soldat, sharks with pewpe
« Reply #480 on: December 15, 2010, 06:11:16 pm »

I picked this up through the Humble Indie Bundle and was happy to realize that it supported gamepads. A bit of research turned up that my PS3 controllers should be able to do the trick without further plugins on my Mac. Unfortunately, it seems that the game near-instantly maps every function to one of my analog sticks, thereby ruining my ability to use the menus as my cursor drifts idly by. I've already tried reconnecting in case it's an error in recognizing the controller's neutral position, but have thus far been unsuccessful. Any tips/fixes?
... and then it explodes!

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Reading the mod forums really made me want to mod this. Unfortunately the only thing I've ever successfully modded in the past is 40d, not to mention how the thing I'd like to make most is pretty much generic infantry men and mechs, probably the most overdone things beyond super soldiers and OP weaponry.

Still at least there's all those cool mods for me to play as I lament my lack of imagination and modding skills.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

It would be neat to see a mining droid, something that has a mounted digger and is nimble enough to move through the resulting tunnels easily.

Actually, a few other non-combat task-based bots might be interesting. Concrete bots, recycling bots, tool/gun spawner bots.

I was also thinking that it might be interesting to see more base systems and more complex infrestructure... like, having a generator that powers shields and having to protect that, and maybe defense computers that operate turrets, which could be hacked. Maybe even planetside factories producing material at significant discounts but with longer build times.

Also, why not a way to get gold by reclaiming materials? After all, a modern computer is, pound for pound, a better source of gold than gold ore. When I have a corridor filled with debris from three Mk1s, seven drop crates, and six dozen clones and bots, It'd be nice to scoop it up for money. It would make landing an empty Mk1 sideways on an enemy base less attractive.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Also, why not a way to get gold by reclaiming materials? After all, a modern computer is, pound for pound, a better source of gold than gold ore. When I have a corridor filled with debris from three Mk1s, seven drop crates, and six dozen clones and bots, It'd be nice to scoop it up for money. It would make landing an empty Mk1 sideways on an enemy base less attractive.
Because it turns into isscrap, which makes it terrain.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

B24 doesn't seem to add anything too new, but some things are still there. My favorite addition so far has to be the resolution selector. Now I can play in a 1280x600 window, and snipe stuff with impunity.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

The Worst Gamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got this.

NO MODS WERK

RAAAGE
"He's just plain bad."

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

Tried it.

You know that a game is the wrong type for you when the tutorial mission utterly destroys your soul.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tutorial mission destroyed your soul? How?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

Let's see: first dummy died, soldier dude was murdered in approximately 30 seconds after being taken control of, and the other dummies were trapped weaponless in the bunker. My brain was so obviously doomed that I didn't bother finishing the mission.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

So what mods do you all recommend?
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

B24 doesn't seem to add anything too new, but some things are still there. My favorite addition so far has to be the resolution selector. Now I can play in a 1280x600 window, and snipe stuff with impunity.

Resolution selector? What do you mean, exactly? In the old versions I could choose my resolution just fine....

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For B24, anything that works, probably. Once there's a choice, AAL is nice. DSTech is good for messing up the landscape.

I think we need a DF mod for this game. Picks and shovels for tools, Dwarves, elves, humans, goblins and kobolds of varying loadouts for bodies, barrels for delivery vehicles, plus all the weaponry we can think of. Dwarves can get magma-spitting mecha. :)

edit: I couldn't properly change my resolution in the earlier versions, there were always problems with even switching to 800x600. Now it's all good. If it was there before, it didn't work for me. For, uh, some reason...

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

The idea of a DF mod for this reminds me of when people were discussing the possibility of using kitten cushions with dwarven drop pods, so kittens should be a valid delivery option.

Though I'm not sure DF fits this very well, it doesn't seem to handle melee combat, digging or ground based movement particularly well.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

The idea of a DF mod for this reminds me of when people were discussing the possibility of using kitten cushions with dwarven drop pods, so kittens should be a valid delivery option.

Though I'm not sure DF fits this very well, it doesn't seem to handle melee combat, digging or ground based movement particularly well.
It handles melee fine, the AI can't use it. So melee : Great! AI melee : Not so great. Also, kitten drop pods = Win.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79