Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191593 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Grenade launcher + small flamethrower = die, crab scum!

I wanted to use the cluster bomb on the nest while the big crab was in it, but it appears to be glitched. Seems the timer starts as soon as you take it out.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, by the way, you HAVE to fight the mother crab with a revolver cannon (did the shots explode before?  I don't remember them doing that...  I want my dead projectiles back.  Also, what's with the reduced magazine?).

my god, what is the point of that weapon?  the bullets seem to practically fall out of the gun and land on the ground without enough momentum to damage anyone.  i've seen them BOUNCE OFF dummies at the weapons maximum range.  that and the stupid spike launcher.  it doesnt even have enough velocity to lob the spikes far enough away that you are outside of their explosive radius.

...i enjoyed fighting the mother crab with a napalm flamer.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

The spike launcher is indeed a bit...  Well, lame.  But the revolver cannon packs an INSANE punch if you're shooting at something on your own screen.  I've knocked dropships out of the air with that thing (but then again, I've also downed dropships with an assault rifle, so that's not really saying much).  You can shred a whole line of enemies with it.

What's cool with the crab battle is that you can just wait until the crab mother jumps over you, whereupon you can blast it away with the raw physical strength of the cannon.

But yeah, I wouldn't recommend trying to snipe with the thing.  The projectiles are massive and heavy, so they're bound to go nose-diving sooner or later.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm, i dont remember it being effective at short range.  guess i'll have to play with it more.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, this topic interested me enough that I downloaded the game, then proceeded to buy it.

I've completed the missions, now I'm having fun setting up bases and seeing how long I can last with the computer sieging me. Good stuff.

Anyway, what are the "must have" mods for this? I glanced at the forum, and there looks to be tons of them - any recommendations?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much anything by numgun. Bear Federation. A few others.

Note many might not work with the new version. Although AAL was designed to work with this one before it even came out.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I modded the revolver cannon to shoot 100 times faster. 

^_^

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

unfortuneatly, the mod scene for this game is best described as anarchic.  there isnt any central repository for mods, their forums are a chaotic mess full of bickering and instant put-downs for anyone posting an incomplete mod or anything without an animated video attached.

there are some great mods out there, but im not really sure how you are supposed to FIND them.  Bear Federation was awesome, but the mechs seem to explode very easily in the new build.  most of the mods are more of the same, people god-modding indestructable powerarmor and superguns.

The warhammer mods looked good in the screenshots, but i havent tried them.  there were seperate mods for spacemarines and orks.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

That's why I don't post my mods I make in Cortex Command.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

Personally I like Dark Storm.

But they're a bit overpowered.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Dark Storm definitely has one of the best art styles.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OBJECTION!

AAL. Just AAL.

Not to mention they just feel more balanced. Except for the old AAL. Those guys were gods of the battlefield.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

The AAL are still the gods of the battlefield. (As long as the player/AI still has money.)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At least they are mortals now.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

Darkstorm lacks the character other mods have, the units are boring old soldiers with generic, boring guns.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 79