Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191538 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command - What do you mean Data actually updated AGAIN B26
« Reply #1020 on: June 09, 2012, 11:51:08 am »

Had to reinstall it twice. First, it somehow managed to delete its own executable, as well as the executable labeled "Launcher for Cortrex Command.exe". The second time, it somehow managed to bork the Index.ini inside the Metagame.rte folder. All three times installing it, I had to fix parts of the weapon files because it was crashing on startup saying it couldn't open certain sound files, although I can't determine why.

Otherwise, campaign mode is a bit fun, although I keep making it into trying to slam a dropship into their brain at the start of the match.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 09, 2012, 12:54:41 pm »

Yeah, that's how I always open up the base grabbing matches using that cheese. But here and there i manage to slam my drop ship into theirs, causing death for me. But sometimes they'll shoot down my drop ship, its rare, but it happens.

On a different topic, I am finding the campaign to be far too easy. I think it would be nice to have a difficulty counter, that instead of focusing on the gold, it focuses on either the accuracy, or just the basic ai strategys.
The only way I've lost a well defined base is due to some glitch or the other.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:57:00 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 09, 2012, 12:57:56 pm »

Perhaps there should be(if there isn't already) to up the startup gold and gold income? One issue is that the AI simply runs out of gold long before the campaign is over.

Also, if there isn't already, a Warhammer 40k mod. I would be supremely shocked if there isn't one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 09, 2012, 01:20:18 pm »

Oh there is one, check their forum!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 09, 2012, 02:26:14 pm »

Its also really hard to play as, since you either have the 'spensive space spmarines, or no jetpacks (or both in the scout marine's case)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 09, 2012, 02:36:32 pm »

Hey, wanna see something that once happened to me?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

8)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 09, 2012, 02:56:32 pm »

Its also really hard to play as, since you either have the 'spensive space spmarines, or no jetpacks (or both in the scout marine's case)
There is also a Tau mod, a Necron mod, an Ork mod, and I believe there is also an Imperial Guard mod. Most of them do not have jetpacks iirc.

@ Nega: What program do you use to get those gifs? Seems like everyone on the Data Realms forums can do it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

pedroislander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 10, 2012, 02:39:31 pm »

Anybody else's screen flash red whenever the brain is damaged? It's very annoying, is it a bug or a feature?
Probably it's a warning feature. Your brain shouldn't be getting damaged often...

Yes, it's a warning. At first I was like "what the heck is flashing, is it crashing?" but then I got owned and realized that the flashing is, in a way, the brain's call for help.

Playing the latest release here (27). Why on the campaign mode, even tought I own all the sites and plenty of gold oz and the AI none, I never get the "Win" message? The enemy, even without any sites, keep on getting gold and attaking me, their money keeps on increasing by the turn, and is just like a massive loop in which I just quit enraged :-[. Is it a bug of sorts?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:45:05 pm by pedroislander »

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 10, 2012, 03:49:38 pm »

Are you sure they don't own a base, maybe hidden behind one of the floating dialog boxes?

It's been pretty reliable for me in terms of doing what you think it should be doing, but if they don't own any sites, I suppose it must be a bug ...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 10, 2012, 05:19:20 pm »

the campaign is nice! a bit esay maybe, but fun  :P

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 10, 2012, 06:21:35 pm »

You may have encountered the bug in which the AI conquer an undiscovered base. Waiting a few more turns should discover the new site.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

pedroislander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 24, 2012, 09:51:22 pm »

I've waited an infinite ammount of turns after I conquered all the bases, the AI keeps on collecting "free" gold, attacks me, I own the AI big time, rinse and repeat for ever. I have tons upon tons of gold yet I haven't been declared the winner. I also moved the dialog boxes checking to see if I was missing a hidden base for that was one of my concerns but still a no-no. I will uninstall the game completely and reinstall it, perhaps there is something crazy going on. Perhaps I'll consider to wait until the game's release to play it again.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:53:35 pm by pedroislander »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 29, 2012, 07:05:07 pm »

Is it your resolution? Some resolutions don't show the entire planet. You may not be able to see one if the tundra maps.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 05, 2012, 08:52:24 am »

Slight necrobump, but i want to buy this and i have a question:

Will a PS3 controller (dualshock 3 i think) Work with this game?
And another, nigh unanswerable question:

Should i buy this game?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 05, 2012, 09:00:06 am »

In theory any game works with Joy2Key even if the core game controls are not supported [I can't say if it is or isn't]. As for the game itself; I had fun even way before the last patch (Which took ages >_>), watch some gameplays on youtube to determine if it's for you.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79