Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting a fortress with capitalism on  (Read 982 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Starting a fortress with capitalism on
« on: December 14, 2008, 11:58:39 am »

I'm sure this is in the wiki somewhere, but I can't find it. How do I start a fortress with the dwarven economy automatically turned on, without having to wait for a baron to show up? If there's like a DF modding handbook for dummies lying around somewhere, could someone please post a link? Everyone seems to know the code to modify to do stuff, but I can't find them listed anywhere :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a fortress with capitalism on
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:32 pm »

You can't start with the economy on.  There's no way to do it.

There's a well written guide to modding the game here.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:31:02 pm »

The closest I can think of is to mod dwarves to have 50 children at a time so you get the baron really fast, then dump all the children into the magma.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 12:39:52 am »

Thanks, I've read that, but it doesn't really seem to have everything. I'm going to just start it out with a lot of dwarves to get the baron quick. I don't think having lots of children meets the task requirements for the Baron :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:37:08 pm »

Thanks, I've read that, but it doesn't really seem to have everything. I'm going to just start it out with a lot of dwarves to get the baron quick. I don't think having lots of children meets the task requirements for the Baron :P
Baron is triggered by population and jobs performed the year prior to his appearance.  Look at the baron's wiki page.
Children increase population, so lots o' kids would be sufficient to get him in if you can get the appropriate jobs done.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 09:45:21 pm »

The closest I can think of is to mod dwarves to have 50 children at a time so you get the baron really fast, then dump all the children into the magma.
I love you.