Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88493 times)

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 49
« Reply #645 on: May 15, 2009, 07:02:55 pm »

I knew it was getting too calm.

Turn done.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 49
« Reply #646 on: May 15, 2009, 10:54:14 pm »

Quote from: mainiac
ramblings
Paranoid!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

turn done.

I wonder what is the purpose of those c.a.tanks that Li Halan is shipping to Byzantium?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

turn done.

I wonder what is the purpose of those c.a.tanks that Li Halan is shipping to Byzantium?

Fastest route to Madoc.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 50 - elections!
« Reply #649 on: May 16, 2009, 04:00:13 pm »

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/shocking.sav

As predictably as a broken clock, al-Malik reverts to his usual behavior once again.  In clear violation of the truce his forces have once again invaded one of my worlds.  This time he was invading Malignatius.

The imperial eye should have no trouble verifying that Li-Halan forces have not and will not set foot on the one world still under his jurisdiction.  And we will abide by our promise to launch no offensives in this entirely pointless and avoidable conflict.

No doubt this foolish adventure is part of some more elaborate plan involving the elections.  Whatever this plan is, we can only hope that our fellow nobles do not give al-Malik the power to start yet another bloody struggle.  Li Halan has already offered a status quo ante bellum peace and will continue to extend this offer.  Do not give the mad dog the ability to make this another bloody conflict by whatever scheme he had to exploit the imperial offices for his own thuggish ends.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 16, 2009, 08:28:44 pm »

War again?

And turn done.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 16, 2009, 10:26:08 pm »

Turn's done.  Oh the drama, oh the excitement, oh the anticipation.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 16, 2009, 11:07:42 pm »

Hopefully there will be no war.  The transgression has been dealt with and we should move on.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 17, 2009, 05:21:00 am »

As predictably as a broken clock, al-Malik reverts to his usual behavior once again.  In clear violation of the truce his forces have once again invaded one of my worlds.  This time he was invading Malignatius.
My noble peers! The foul mouth of Li Halan sprouts slander upon our House again!
Fifty years ago, we have claimed Malignatus and have settled there. Soon afterwards, the Li Halan invaded this planet(which is ok, mind you - such is life) and have destroyed almost all of our forces stationed there. The few remaining legions escaped on a boat and have taken shelter in the inhospitable wastes, doomed to roam the frozen seas and icy deserts, for the hateful Chi Kao have refused Us the right to evacuate our loyal troops.
Today, as some daring explorer spotted one of our survivors, the Li Halan feels in right to call us invaders, even though Our forces maintained continuous presence on Malignatus throughout all those years.
How dare they try and gain acceptance of other houses for their evil ways by painting Us as the very same villains that they are?

No doubt this foolish adventure is part of some more elaborate plan involving the elections.  Whatever this plan is, we can only hope that our fellow nobles do not give al-Malik the power to start yet another bloody struggle.  Li Halan has already offered a status quo ante bellum peace and will continue to extend this offer.  Do not give the mad dog the ability to make this another bloody conflict by whatever scheme he had to exploit the imperial offices for his own thuggish ends.
Two things:
1. The decade which passed under my Regency was the most peaceful one of all. I'd dare and call this period of time "Pax Palazzia".
2. Paranoid!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 17, 2009, 06:52:56 am »

turn done.

I did not expect the Li Halan to act in so cowardly a fashion and launch an attack on my Noble representative on Byzantium. Even though the lone Seal squadron was promptly slaughtered(honestly, what were you thinking?), the fact that a house commited such a transgression remains. We demand from the perpetrator a monetary reparation of 2000fb. We shall not sign a formal peace treaty until then.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 51 - Oh noes!(oh, Yea!)
« Reply #655 on: May 17, 2009, 12:27:46 pm »

Establishing our right to protect Malignatius certainly seems worth such a petty price, but it really would not do to reward your treachery so generously.  That number is too large.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 17, 2009, 12:31:12 pm »

I'm tempted to root for somebody in this dispute... but who?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 17, 2009, 12:38:10 pm »

There's no dispute.  It's a simple policing action that appears to be quickly resolving.

Edit: on a side note, I love this buggy, indescribable voting system.  At the start of my turn I get a message that hazzat has agreed to vote for me.  This is in addition to decados and myself.  So I should win the election.  But apparently not.  And does the game tell me how I lost?  Who voted for who?  Nooo....

and save:
http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/lesigh.sav
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:29:52 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 18, 2009, 12:55:54 am »

I'm tempted to root for somebody in this dispute... but who?
It's not soem petty dispute over territory here. I'm demanding reparation from Li Halan for their assasination attempt. For a blatant violation of Byzantine invulnerability that all our nobles are assured of.
(besides, if you don't know whom to root for, choose the underdog, choose al-Malik!)

mainiac: the system is not bugged. The voting takes place before diplomacy is resolved. You just got the Hazat to vote for you at the next elections, apparently.(so that's where your money went)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:16:48 am by Il Palazzo »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 18, 2009, 01:25:52 am »

Who won, by the way?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70