Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88513 times)

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 48 - peace is boooring
« Reply #630 on: May 14, 2009, 12:18:57 pm »

I haven't noticed. So who will be the next one to anger the church?

My turn is done.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 14, 2009, 01:21:05 pm »

Wasn't Il Palazzo researching proscribed techs a few turns back?

yadayadayada, heretic, evil, blahblahblah
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 14, 2009, 01:30:27 pm »

Oh, but it was an accident. I have already repented and hanged the crazy sciencists.

(raaaghmainiacyougotexcomunicatedyouevilyoubadkillaaaah)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 14, 2009, 02:16:16 pm »

(becauseyouwenttothenuclearoptiononturn3yourbloodyidiotyoushouldrunforanamericansenateseatasarepublican)
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 14, 2009, 08:58:24 pm »

You two are irrepressible.

Turn done, and things are going swimmingly.  M, your save was titled 49, but it's turn 48.  No matter.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 14, 2009, 09:58:59 pm »

Aqizzar, did you arrange some sort of diabolical deal that made it so those two had to argue without using spaces?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 14, 2009, 10:01:41 pm »

Oh if only you knew...  It's all part of my master plan, a scheme so devious, diabolical, and circuitous that even I can't see from where it's many threads draw, each as invincible as they are ethereal.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 15, 2009, 07:25:19 am »

done

oh, how's the plague doing, mainiac?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 07:27:40 am by Il Palazzo »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 49
« Reply #638 on: May 15, 2009, 07:43:17 am »

There's one unit that has yet to fight off the infection, but I'm holding out hope!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 15, 2009, 09:44:08 am »

The pox is gone but a different plague afflicts us.

A certain allegedly "noble" house indicated to the Li Halan recently that they would be willing to enter into an agreement.  However these dishonorable curs used this matter to antagonize our noble house yet again.  They added an insulting demand onto the agreement which had been fairly made then and fairly accepted.  We had already begun to act in expectation of this agreement but when we protested the insulting new provisions, this perfidious agency renounced the deal they had entered into.  Perhaps it was too much to expect basic decency from lowlifes such as these but this betrayal is still seen as a great loss to us and we wish our anger on this matter to be duly known and noted.

As messenger for that noble house, it is imperative for me to let it be known to the august noble houses that this is not the rumblings of a house on the march to war.  House Li Halan will not be sending it's mighty legions to war over this insult, despicable as it may be.  We will be invading no worlds because of this.  For despite the slanders that some lowlifes cast, the august Li Halan are a family of the deepest piety and service to the almighty Pancreator.  Those faithful to his will could not possibly cause the death of countless innocent bystanders in another bloody war.  It is mark of shame that matters such as these have been the cause of war in the past. 

While these protests may seem unwarranted, our noble line feels that the troubled times makes us feel that clarity on this matter compels us to be clear on this matter.  Even if someone were to take our protests as a cause for war, we will show patience.  Whether they act out of misguided, but understandable, fear or out of base treachery, we do not desire war.  While we can no more offer an enemy unlimited license to attack our people then a shepherd could have his flock live among wolves, we can pledge an earnest desire for peace.  Should an unfortunate conflict result from this we will still seek peace.  Our mighty legions will not launch invasions or demand tribute but will repeatedly offer peace without demand.  While we are ever vigilant towards the future, Li Halan's safety is currently secure, giving us license to show restraint.  Only if it is evident that our patience is being exploited to prolong the war will we see the need to change course.

None should question the piety of house Li Halan but we have been greatly wronged.  All should know that insults such as these are unfitting of those who would call themselves noble.  More honorable conduct then this should be displayed.

((Did I succeed in leaving everyone wondering what the hell I'm saying but vaguely implying that I'm threatening something, somewhere, somehow?))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:52:09 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 15, 2009, 09:54:10 am »

I was about to ask if you get payed by the word mainiac.

What I got was "Palazzo didn't follow the agreement and now I'm all angry! SUPER DUPER angry! But I'm not gonna invade over it."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 15, 2009, 10:30:58 am »

Ah, but somebody tries to insult/threaten my Mighty house, even though he has no reason to do so.
There was no agreement to break, just a suggestion, which failed to reach a status of a deal.
And of course you won't invade, Chi Kao - our noble and benvolent TexasSpace Ranger Aqizzar has taken to himself the mission of maintaining galactic peace(while covertly working to make himself an Emperor, but it's a given for all of us, of course).
Oh, and stop acting as if you've been wronged. You want something, you offer a good price. Simple as that.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 15, 2009, 11:34:42 am »

I did offer a price, a price you agreed to.  Based on that agreement I made commitments that I can not back out of.  I do not take this deception lightly for the simple reason that every deception you have made in the past has been followed by an invasion or carried out while you we secretly invading my planets.  So while I do not know the exact nature of this threat, I have good reason to think that you are planning to do harm to me.  I don't know exactly what you are up to.  However you playing kingmaker offers lots of nasty possibilities.  So I have good reason to be suspicious and good reason to expect significant danger.  I am not going to launch a new offensive however I am fully prepared to defend myself by whatever lesser means prove necessary.

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/year5004.sav
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 15, 2009, 12:52:59 pm »

Oh, you either give too much credit to my machiavellian nature or are just paranoid. The Galaxy is not a place where everybody is out to get you. Peace, love and understanding! Embrace thy brother! Turn the other cheek, ...erm.

While I'm at it, let me correct some inconsistenices:
I did offer a price, a price you agreed to.(1)  Based on that agreement I made commitments that I can not back out of.(2)  I do not take this deception lightly for the simple reason that every deception you have made in the past has been followed by an invasion or carried out while you we secretly invading my planets.(3)  So while I do not know the exact nature of this threat, I have good reason to think that you are planning to do harm to me.(4)  I don't know exactly what you are up to.  However you playing kingmaker offers lots of nasty possibilities.(5)  So I have good reason to be suspicious and good reason to expect significant danger.  I am not going to launch a new offensive however I am fully prepared to defend myself by whatever lesser means prove necessary.(6)
1.No no, the deal was just rejected. You can't treat some casual probing and musing as the deal proper.
2.Tough, jumped the gun, have we?
3.Come now, I invaded just ONE of your planets, ONCE, and completely openly.
4.What threat? Where? Are you seeing some monsters under your bed again?
5.Me a kingmaker? You flatter me. I'm just an underdog, going with the flow, doing what my betters tell me to do.
6.Yes, you *are* paranoid.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 15, 2009, 05:49:24 pm »

It's not paranoia if someone is out to get you.  My worst suspicions about you have been consistently proven too cautious; your behavior has always been more underhand then I expected.  I have adjusted my suspicions accordingly.  I am not similarly wary of Mlittle or Aqizzer.  Call the deal you broke what it will.  However you manipulated my actions by promising one thing and then doing another.  Given your history of deception, I have ample reason to expect the worst.  I'm not looking for an excuse to finish you off.  I'm just giving you abundant warning that I am prepared to protect myself and you are once again underestimating me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:51:15 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 70