Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88518 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 37
« Reply #450 on: April 20, 2009, 12:47:04 am »

I was talking to Mlittle.  I don't much care what you say.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 20, 2009, 12:54:23 am »

It was a lighthearted joke, out of roleplay, as shown by the ";)" emoticon. Don't take everything so seriously.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 20, 2009, 12:57:21 am »

LaLaLALA I'M NOT LISTENING
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 20, 2009, 01:44:22 am »

Yes yes, whatever.  I've sent my turn onwards.

Mlittle - We've got a semi-standard practice of naming the savefiles by the turn number, to keep them easily differentiated.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 20, 2009, 02:01:19 am »

Yea, we are supposed to have fun here, backstabbing each other. I wanted to wipe out your fleet as I could lose the position of imperial fleet commander in the future and I am weak without it. Now the cards have been reshuffled. The question now is when will Aqizzar come out and be the bad guy.

Yes, on the naming as it already go confusing for me. I copied Mainiac's style.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 20, 2009, 02:09:47 am »

Why would I ever come out as the badguy?  I have nothing to gain from fighting any of you, I simply wish to see the Empire remain whole.

Of course, if I wanted to declare myself Emperor, I've still got time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 20, 2009, 09:10:45 am »

My turn is done.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 38
« Reply #457 on: April 20, 2009, 10:09:02 am »

My, I just bothered to look at this! All this political intrigue has me interested in this game of yours.

Too bad I there aren't more screenshots or more in-depth info of whats happening.

I might have to look into it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 20, 2009, 10:10:56 am »

I have a weird computer problem going on.  My windows partition just disappeared on me.  I can probably track down the problem, but there will be a small delay until then.

huh, seems to have worked itself out as soon as I posted that.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:12:48 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 20, 2009, 11:18:44 am »

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/turnsomenumber.sav

Heyo

Yea, we are supposed to have fun here, backstabbing each other. I wanted to wipe out your fleet as I could lose the position of imperial fleet commander in the future and I am weak without it. Now the cards have been reshuffled. The question now is when will Aqizzar come out and be the bad guy.

Before there can be backstabbing, there needs to be trust.  Your predecessors got the fleet through careful negotiation and compromise, making it so it was in the interest of me and Aqizzer for the fleet to be in Decados hands.  You had the fleet for one turn before using it to backstab the player who's given the most to your house without so much as a friendly warning...  Basically, you've pissed away every everything your predecessors did to ally yourself with the guy who sold you out in the past and has broken every agreement he's made this game.  I just don't get why you would do that without even making an effort to negotiate a peaceful resolution.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:35:37 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 20, 2009, 01:18:32 pm »

Oh, mainiac, how the wheel of fortune turns!
Instead of trying to blame Decados for your losses, better notice how you've become the belligerent disruptive force that I used to be. Which had the same effect for you as it had for me.
It amuses me how well this game managed to simulate the urgency to maintain the balance of powers. And only with 4 people in play!

My, I just bothered to look at this! All this political intrigue has me interested in this game of yours.

Too bad I there aren't more screenshots or more in-depth info of whats happening.

I might have to look into it.
There's a brief history of events on first page. And you can always download the Li Halan save and see for yourself. Though probably we could make this game somewhat more "cinematic". I'm not entirely sure how, perhaps if I knew how to make a screenshot...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 20, 2009, 02:34:23 pm »

Belligerent?  Ignoring the Criticorum affair and looking only at the conflict that started with your encroachment on Malignatius, I tried to negotiate a decent peace many times:

-Several offers trying to peacefully divide Malignatius before I seized that world.
-An offer trying to peacefully divide Malignatius after I had sole control of the world.
-Offers not to blockade Istakhr in exchange for collateral to ensure you wanted peace.
-An offer not to begin raiding Istakhr in exchange for the same concessions.

So I take it my belligerence was shown by my constant attempts to negotiate?  Attempts made despite the fact that you refused to put so much as the time of day on the bargaining table?  What aggression is there in my efforts to seek peace at every step along the way?

All this despite the fact that the only time you ever sought peace was as a cover for renewed aggression.  When the peace began you continued deploying for an offensive, secretly building up a powerful army on Malignatius.  But more insulting still, you deployed tracker legions on the surface of Kish itself!  Should I have abided by the peace while your troops invaded my home world?

You could have stopped either conflict at any time by engaging in honest negotiation.  But you never sought out peace because peace was never your goal.  You never stopped being the aggressor.  You just got better at hiding it.  It was this perpetual warmongering that drove Pnx and I to blockade Istakhr and keep you contained.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 20, 2009, 03:06:39 pm »

Now now Chi Kao, do you really believe in what you're saying? Have you got such a selective memory?
Many times I approached you with peace offers, but all it ever did was make you feel that you've got an upper hand and demand more and more to the point of demanding all my scepters.
By comparison, I removed my forces from Kish after a meager voting deal, just because I felt that I've caused you enough grief for your past deeds. And no, there was no buildup of forces on Malignatus, what you've met there, was exactly what I had prepared to shuttle to your homeworld on the turn of our ceasefire, minus the couple legions that I've transported to my farther colonies, while I still had my fleet. There was no question if you could resist over 15 legions of heavy infantry and artillery back then. Still, I showed my benevolence and proceeded to evacuate. And what, are you surprised that I've left a couple scouts on Kish after you openly stated that you're not going to keep the deal we've made?

See, you never had any will to make peace, as it was shown by the rigidity and absurd scale of your demands. There could have been no "honest negotiatios", for you were not open to negotiations, simply shouting demands.

And sorry, but a sentence like: "You never stopped being the aggressor.  You just got better at hiding it." is just paranoid. You can imagine everything you like, but it's your deeds that others will judge you by.

What else, "It was this perpetual warmongering that drove Pnx and I to blockade Istakhr and keep you contained." You mean that your invasion forces that I was slaughtering for the past few years were there just to "blockade" Istakhr?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 20, 2009, 03:52:22 pm »

Strange:

-You "mercifully" chose to withdraw your forces from Kish just as soon as I parked a stack that outnumbered them 2-1 two hexes away from them.

-The forces you evacuated from Kish were a fraction of the forces I found on Malignatius.  Yet you say that's where the forces came from...

-Somehow you left at least 4 "scouts" on Kish without my knowledge despite the fact that I tallied every unit you landed during the Criticorum incident.  And you left these troops behind despite the fact that I showed absolutely no hostility towards you and we explicitly agreed you would withdraw.  Doesn't that just mean that you were violating the terms peace from the very beginning?

And, honestly, the six legions landing on Istakhr were hardly enough for an invasion.  They were raiders, intending to drain your resources.  I was intending to just seize some outlying farms.  I can only wonder why you sacrificed your airforce and one of your last transports to destroy such a small force.

Really, what I like best is the excuse about the scouts.  I mean, say this explanation is on the level.  Then my suspicion would be wrong but you would have been in violation of the treaty from the very start.  So according to your justification my suspicions were entirely justified.  Thanks for clearing that up.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 20, 2009, 05:11:31 pm »

Everything you found on Malignatus was on Kish at some point. Picture the rest yourself.
And that stack you've sent there to fight me, a ragtag band of clergy and militia with a couple tanks - easy targets for my (late)cruisers. But sure, you can believe what you want.
And how did I sacrifice my airforce? 3 units lost for your six is a good trade.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70