Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88522 times)

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns - SOMEBODY JOIN THE GAME, GOD DAMNIT.
« Reply #420 on: April 15, 2009, 02:25:28 am »

I think yea.
I have it on my computer and poke at it every once in a while. Didn't play it that much as it's way too easy as single player.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 15, 2009, 06:07:44 am »

I think yea.
I have it on my computer and poke at it every once in a while. Didn't play it that much as it's way too easy as single player.
That's what I wanted to hear. Should we sign you up for Decados? (go ahead and install all the necessary stuff, grab the last turn - posted by mainiac some few pages back, read the Nova web page and let's start some diplomacy!)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 34. Li Halan Rampages.
« Reply #422 on: April 15, 2009, 09:44:25 am »

Here's my last turn, and the request I made of Pnx for help.  Feel like helping me out here, new guy?

Sure. I am not.

Well gee, that's strange.  Because here I am staring at a stack of planes on a fertile tile.  Where they can refuel, immune to counter attack...

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/bastards.sav

Pnx:
Space bombardment was able to eradicate most of the planes located on that tile but one dive bomber survived.  Would you be so kind as to turn it into dust with the cruiser you have parked in orbit?

Here is a map of the location:

At the lighter red X, Il has a dive bomber who's destruction I would appreciate.  Seeing as he claims not to have this bomber, I'm sure he won't object.  At the darker red X is a power armor and close assault he stole from me with said non-existent bombers.  Although the power armor is immune to bombardment, I would appreciate the destruction of the close assault.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2009, 03:48:12 pm »

I will have to start tomorrow. Had a horrible day between the previous post and this one.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 15, 2009, 04:40:01 pm »

Sorry, I've never played this before. I'll give it a shot offline, though. Hexagons? Woo! I love hexagons.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 16, 2009, 12:54:18 am »

I will have to start tomorrow. Had a horrible day between the previous post and this one.
No worries, take your time. I bet that all of us will want to talk to you before you start anyway.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 34 - Possibly reactivated
« Reply #426 on: April 16, 2009, 03:48:38 am »

I loaded the save to see where I stand. I will have to reload it as the pending diplomatic proposals have to be accepted/rejected beforehand. So now let the diplomacy begin.

The word has quickly spread through the galaxy, the house Decados has the new high lord. He calls himself simply M, high lord M. And the space lanes are filled with diplomats and emissaries. Will the new high lord honour the old treaties, or will he carve his own diplomatic path.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:50:35 am by Mlittle »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 16, 2009, 03:52:28 am »

As reminder, I'm still the Regent for at least another six turns, and I'm currently in my second term.

Considering my masterful powerplays and supraequal voting ability, I would hope you are willing to work together for the cause of stability.  Strong leadership breeds a strong Empire yes?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 16, 2009, 04:30:12 am »

House Decados recognises the great work house Hawkwood put into bringing stability to the empire and it's wisdom from appointing us the head of the emperial fleet. It would not be in the best interest of the empire to change the regent for someone else, who would not recognise the importance of stability and would attempt to proclaim himself emperor.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 16, 2009, 04:45:19 am »

Houses Decados and Li Halan have stood shoulder to shoulder, cher cousin.  Our cooperation has protected both of us from the scourge of war and allowed us both to prosper.  The hard earned secrets of Li Halan technology have strengthened Decados while the might have Decados has helped Li Halan drive back the encroaching armies of al-Malik.

Compare this to the so called alliance with al-Malik which Decados was in before then.  The fool Il Palazzo demanded that mighty Decados devote all their resources to the invasion of a distant planet.  But then he sold the very ground out from under his supposed friends by making a self serving peace that did nothing to reward the Decados efforts.

So, wise ruler.  The question is before you is how to weigh in on this conflict.  Will you pin your hopes upon the noble family which has been stalwart allies and generous friends?  Or will you pin your hopes once more upon the fickle madman who sold your noble house out for his own profit?

Il Palazzo has frustrated the peace process at every turn and refused to make the slightest concessions in the name of peace.  He has responded to nothing but violence, therefore violence was used against him.  He is currently a threat contained.

So, let Decados and Li-Halan continue to stand united.  Together, we can force Il Palazzo into an agreement that ensures a lasting peace where all will prosper.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 16, 2009, 03:26:56 pm »

The strength of Li Halan is great and we are still rebuilding the house Decados. So we can not actively involve ourselves with the ongoing war and Li-Halan should be in position to win the conflict on their own.

We will pin our hopes upon ourselves for a change an be neutral. Noble House Decados has worked for others too many times.

We are open to negotiate a truce between houses Li-Halan and Al-Malik, for the good of the empire.

High Lord M of noble house Decados

/Who is on next, after me and where do I mail my save?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 16, 2009, 03:30:42 pm »

The emblem of house Decados is a praying mantis.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 16, 2009, 03:51:43 pm »

It is saddening to see Decados act in so meek a fashion when they have the fleet at their disposal.  I can't help but wonder what they will do when they don't have this resource.  How dangerous is it for Decados to maintain the blockade against an opponent with no ships?

Given this unfortunate news Li-Halan will have to look towards it's own position and can no longer offer monetary and technological support towards an ally of questionable faith.  Furthermore, we can not pledge our arms will rally to the defense of those who refuse to fight for their own security.

((As for the save, e-mail it to Aqizzer I believe))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 34 - Back in business
« Reply #433 on: April 17, 2009, 01:38:31 am »

Sent to Aqizzar, finally.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 34 - Back in business
« Reply #434 on: April 17, 2009, 10:35:39 am »

Done and sent.

Man, I remember before the game paused I had a crazy efficient transport-rotating scheme worked for my constant planetary invasions.  Completely forget how the hell it was supposed to work.  Oh well.

Kinda funny how you can swap units between transports in space.  The developers admitted that with enough transports you could pony express a unit across the entire galaxy in one turn.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70