Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88485 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

watch out mainiac, when votes are tied, the regent remains the same, but he can still change the ministries at will.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 31.
« Reply #346 on: March 18, 2009, 04:00:39 pm »

How could there have been a tie?  We don't have equal voting power!  Unless...

Oh wow, you guys are jerks.  But you wound up jerking me and each other to my benefit! Huzzah!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 18, 2009, 06:38:51 pm »

Aqizzar, for the people only watching the thread, who did you think Il Palazzo, Pnx, and mainiac bribed? The NPC House? The Church? The Guild? Who?

Or do you think they all voted for themselves?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 18, 2009, 07:03:28 pm »

There was some double-alliance chicanery going on.  I don't know.  But apparently I was the only one who voted for me, and I've got 6 votes to everyone's 5, so two other people must have gotten 10 votes each.  Which makes me technically a minor-also-ran, but I get to keep the Regency because it was a tie.

Yay democracy!
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 18, 2009, 07:25:12 pm »

Fewest votes wins, an ironic twist, eh? 
Aqizzar, for the people only watching the thread, who did you think Il Palazzo, Pnx, and mainiac bribed? The NPC House? The Church? The Guild? Who?

Or do you think they all voted for themselves?
I believe that only one player bribed one NPC, I'm guessing Hazzat.  The guild or church would have been too expensive.

But does it make him a lame duck?  Why hasn't the regent done anything about the conflict in the southwest quadrant?  ((on a side note: lol, irony.))  What is he doing about galactic proliferation of mass destruction?  Does he not care about the conflict until it hurts him?  We're living in two different empires, I tell ya!  He lives comfortable over there by Byzantium, might as well be a different planet.  What's he care about people like us?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »

Turn done.

This is proving to be a fairly interesting game.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 18, 2009, 07:34:01 pm »

Turn done.

This is proving to be a fairly interesting game.

Yeah, but it's making me really curious how it would with 4 players.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 18, 2009, 07:42:47 pm »

Yeah, but it's making me really curious how it would with 4 players.
True, I have been rather silent in most of this, there has been a certain degree of discussion behind the scenes but I've been somewhat strapped for time recently and I've been forgoing making extended dialogue in favor of keeping the game moving. You have my apologies for that.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 18, 2009, 07:48:57 pm »

Whoops, my bad.  I meant to say 5 players.  No dis intended.  Apologies.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 18, 2009, 09:39:18 pm »

Done and sent.

All joking aside, as for why I'm not doing anything as Regent, the office doesn't really come with much power.  If I hadn't appointed myself Imperial Eye, I'd have no more stuff on Byzantium than I would anyway.

And yes, it's a pity we couldn't have gotten one more player.  What happened anyway?  Clearly it's not just the four of us paying attention.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 19, 2009, 01:38:28 am »

I'll get to do my turn in the next hour or so.

But does it make him a lame duck?  Why hasn't the regent done anything about the conflict in the southwest quadrant?  ((on a side note: lol, irony.))  What is he doing about galactic proliferation of mass destruction?  Does he not care about the conflict until it hurts him?  We're living in two different empires, I tell ya!  He lives comfortable over there by Byzantium, might as well be a different planet.  What's he care about people like us?
Holy crap. This coming from you just won the yearly hypocricy contest.

All joking aside, as for why I'm not doing anything as Regent, the office doesn't really come with much power.  If I hadn't appointed myself Imperial Eye, I'd have no more stuff on Byzantium than I would anyway.
The Eye might have not much material power, but you being a regent with an extra scepter, makes you a powerful diplomatic player.
And yes, it's a pity we couldn't have gotten one more player.  What happened anyway?  Clearly it's not just the four of us paying attention.
As a matter of fact, this should be attributed to my poor recruiting skills, at least at the time of the game's begining. Later, when I was looking for replacements for Boksi, I managed to find three or four people willing to join. That doesn't include Pnx, who jumped in first(and out of the blue;) ).
Sometime in the future, we can surely have a 5-player game. Maybe even with "mainiac's ModTM"?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 19, 2009, 02:11:09 am »

it's done.

Come to think of it, it's been years(or decades?) since I've seen a League transport. Are they refilling/removing excesses from your agoras?

edit: whoops, there seems to be a starvation on Byzantium. Or are your troops just fasting, Chi Kao?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 02:16:43 am by Il Palazzo »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 19, 2009, 03:00:26 am »

It's their own fault.  We gave them money for food and they bought coke and hookers.

Btw, grats on having one tough hombre of a noble there on malignatius.  80% of the garrison bought the farm, but he held out long enough for the attackers to call it a day.  Too bad for him that I can just attack next round...
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 19, 2009, 03:44:37 am »

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/31turn.sav

The al-Malik force on Malignatius has been savaged by the furious might of assault tanks.  We reorganize for a final assault.

Meanwhile, our warships depart for Istakhr.  If necessary, we will carry this fight until the al-Malik menace is crushed at the root.

A much more symbolic victory is in our siezure of the palace at Criticorum.  Our noble cousin there fought with bravery and honor and was offered quarter, but chose to take his own life instead.  Henceforth, let no one question the supremacy of Li-Halan on this world.

Also, we are dabbling with the royal pronoun.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 32.
« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2009, 12:03:49 pm »

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/31turn.sav
that should be "32", actually
The al-Malik force on Malignatius has been savaged by the furious might of assault tanks.  We reorganize for a final assault.
you mean, you fought these stragglers, and still they managed to rout your troops? Good job there.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70