Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88500 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Hey guys, I'm gonna be gone for a couple days.  Oh the suspense.  Be back Tuesday or so.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm delaying my turn till tuesday (might as well now) for some diplomacy stuff.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

I was just thinking, how annoying it is that it's impossible to conquer a city built on an island without hovertanks. I know that mainiac has got at least one already, but maybe we should add another rule and prohibit any further buiding of cities in this way?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Maybe a force limit on such islands?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I've changed my mind. It's an interesting idea to have such nigh-impregnable fortresses in game. At least there's something to fight for and be happy about when you conquer/claim such an island.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

No problem.  One tile islands are pretty rare, and it's not like you can fit much on them anyway.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about the delay, it's up.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Done and sent.

Only now do I remember that I never got around to conducting any diplomacy.

And hardly anyone contacted me.

I feel a powerful sense of foreboding...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

I feel a powerful sense of foreboding...

I think you are safe for lack of enemies.  I doubt Il Palazzo is going to be in position to hurt anyone but me for a while.  And I'm not going to overstretch myself by launching some adventure far from home when I've got plenty to worry about taming local threats.  Pax is on the opposite side of the galaxy from you.  3rd republic is far off and the church doesn't have reason to hurt you right now.  So you are perfectly safe.  Unless...
The imperial guard!  Watch out!  They're planning something...

Speaking of Byzantium, what does everyone else do about food there?  Because I keep buying food from the Agora, but as far as I can tell, no one else is doing so.  Is there automatic buying to prevent starvation or somesuch?

And now for something completely different...  I'm going on break soon.  I was thinking starting a homebrew mod for EFS to keep myself busy.  Would any of you guys be interested in helping me playtest/design?  I have a pretty good idea for the core concepts of the mod, but feedback would be great.  And I certainly wouldn't say no if anyone wanted to provide new ideas, particularly on a new unit roster, new "personality" for the houses and map making.  I'm not looking for a huge commitment here, I'm going to do this casually.  But second and third opinions would be nice.

To briefly summarize my goals for the mod: The game is a crusade against the symbiots.  Players need to co-operate to reclaim Symbiot worlds, where most of the sceptors are, but only one player is emperor, so don't co-operate too much.  The economy of the game is going to be tweaked to make it less of a 4X and more of a struggle for limited resources.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Happy to playtest when you're done.  I always thought the whole "oh god space bugs are eating the galaxy" thing should have been a bit more important.  The Vau too but whatever.

Re: food.  I've just used my freighters to carry some food there every once in a while.  You do that you know.

So, how'd the election go?  Do I get to Declare myself Regent now?  I think you're supposed to win twice in a row or something.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

So, how'd the election go?  Do I get to Declare myself Regent now?  I think you're supposed to win twice in a row or something.

I think I'll be the first to find out who won the election, since my turn comes first.  If you won, I think you could declare yourself regent.  But it wouldn't accomplish much other then starting fighting on Byzantium for a turn.  You control 6 votes, we control 15.  You'd need to win two more elections, one a turn after declaring yourself regent, one 10 turns later.  You'd almost certainly lose the first election.

Re: food.  I've just used my freighters to carry some food there every once in a while.  You do that you know.

I always seem to have more urgent needs for my transports.  Of course, until recently, I had fewer transports then you guys.

Happy to playtest when you're done.  I always thought the whole "oh god space bugs are eating the galaxy" thing should have been a bit more important.  The Vau too but whatever.

You playtesting in alpha?  The initial economic overhaul would be where feedback is needed the most.

I agree that the Vau could stand to be a lot more interesting.  EFS suffered from an unfinished development cycle and the Vau were one of the casualties of that.  Fixing that would be beyond the scope of what modding could do and what I want to do.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

turn done.

mainiac:
1. food on Byzantium: there's more than one agora there.
2. Il Palazzo was never willing to hurt anyone but you, mainiac, and even this in purely retaliatory fashion. Stop painting me as the gung-ho berserker.
3. I'd be happy to test whatever modding you'll come up with. Good luck.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Interesting.  The election was a tie.  So offices remain the same for another 10 turns.  I don't mind.

Pax, that little scouting mission against the symbiots I tried ended BADLY.  Hit by a stack faster then you can say "zerg rush."  But the first battle station at Stigmata is done, so it shouldn't be too hard to defend that.  Assuming the symbiots even keep trying to attack now that you took out their starting fleet.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 70