Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88181 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

C'mon boys! There's a galaxy to conquer, can't let it wait, can we now?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bump

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

You weren't even off the bottom of the page.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was it a faux-pas then?

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sent my save yesterday. I hope I did.

The war won't wait.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Come on guys! Things are just starting to get good!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aqizzar seems to be gone somewhere. I sure hope he still remembers our little game...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes! We're still at it! The show goes on etc.

As the turn 61 closes to an end, I'm happy to announce my second reelection for the Regent's seat. I'shall continue to work towards bringing peace and prosperity to the Galaxy by whatever means necessary. Thank you for your support.
In other news, Aqizzar is now the Eye, while M commands the Fleet. Mainiac is still lurking and plotting, and scheming, and making me feel uneasy. Which isn't really unlike what other players out there do. Right now I have faith only in the AI-controlled Hazzat.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

;D

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/goodtobeback.sav

Il Palazzo, I feel somewhat dubious regarding your behavior on the planet stigmatia.  It's called the stigmatia "garrison" not the stigmatia "source of resources to build your own fleet".  I know the house rules permit what you are doing, but it strikes me as exploitative to start building personal spaceports there.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:59:03 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I've got nothing to hide. I openly admit that I'm strip-mining the Stigmata for resources, and really, nobody should be surprised about it.
I haven't seen any signs of the Symbiot menace since the, now historical, destruction of their space fleet. If there was still something to guard against, I'd do my duty, but things being the way they are, I see Stigmata for what it is: a good source of resources and a potential threat to my house. How is it exploitative that I'm taking advantage of the one and working to prevent the other?
(and I haven't built any house-owned spaceports there, though I probably would, if not for the lack of gems to start singularities production)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

(and I haven't built any house-owned spaceports there, though I probably would, if not for the lack of gems to start singularities production)

I seem to be mistaken.  I was looking at the buildings you had built on territory I had seen, but didn't have LOS on.  I thought they belonged to you, but must have been mistaken.  It doesn't seem like a sploit in that case.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The imperial fleet is back where it belongs, in Decados hands, YEEHAW.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Oh man, truly this game is the best game ever.
Oh how I wish I had a copy, and had been around when you started.

A thought occurs to me. Since players don't like to use the iron-cast built-in agreements so much, perhaps I could offer my services as a notary. It might be useful to have someone impartial to finalize your agreements so it would be easier to check if an agreement is held or broken. Any private agreements could be handled by PMs. Absolute confidentiality is, of course, guaranteed.
I could also keep track of your various agreements and who has claimed what system. It may be clear for you players, but the rest of us sometimes have a hard time keeping track.

If you feel like it would be helpful, let me know. (I'm also fairly active on the forums. Addict even.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:37:38 am by nahkh »
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

While the offer is pretty cool, part of the reason that we don't like the in-game contracts is that none of us like being forcibly bound to anything.  However, we don't want our agreements to be publicly known either.  Afterall, secret alliances worked great for Old Europe.  If you like drama that is.

Hey M, when you finish a turn, you still have to e-mail it to me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70