Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88409 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 52
« Reply #675 on: May 21, 2009, 06:58:33 am »

I have already conferred with Palazzo on this, and I am in agreement with M.

As the former Regent, I can say with certainty that there is segregation among conflicts.  Hostilities between the machines and legions of Houses, even upon their own homeworlds, is regrettable, but necessary when further discourse becomes counter productive.  But violence against the Nobility, the blood essence upon which our Imperium stands, is nothing less than an act of open galactic war.

As the current Master of the Fleet, I can say with equal certainty that such naked aggression against the foundations of the Empire will be met with the duly appointed force of the Regency.  If Palazzo wishes to expand upon or conquer Malignatus, that is a matter left to his own abilities.  But the might of the Fleet will protect the Nobility of any House, when attempting to escape a battle they cannot hope to win.

Hey M, where's the save?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 21, 2009, 08:49:03 am »

I wanted to wait for the responses to my post. Send it to you.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 21, 2009, 08:58:40 am »

What on earth is the motivation for this degrading insult against the house of Li Halan?

House al-Malik agreed:

We both agree 1) not to invade each others planets 2) not to use the offices against any other player for the next 10 years.

And has shown to be breaking that agreement in secrecy once again.  Such treacherous behavior is to be condemned, not facilitated!

We extended to these dishonorable curs an offer for a return to the ante bellum status quo.  All they need to do to protect the life of their noble is accept the agreement  and cease their illegal invasion of our worlds.  In no way are they needing or deserving of your protection.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 21, 2009, 09:08:42 am »

If Palazzo is breaking some agreement of yours and launching a (rather pitifully sized) invasion of Malignatus, that's his own business and I will leave to it on his own.

If Palazzo throws his Noble into battle, that's his own prerogative, and no concern of mine.

If Palazzo is actively trying to remove that Noble from Malignatus, I will defend that effort.

If it's clear to me that Palazzo has no intention of removing that Noble, based any lack of effort to do so for a couple years, then I will not stand in your way in evicting him yourself.  Essentially, Palazzo has called on me for sanctuary, and as Galactic Cop, I'm honor bound to oblige.  How long that lasts is dependent on whether he makes any action to warrant that sanctuary.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 21, 2009, 10:28:06 am »

The wisdom of our Ministers is indeed great. We of the house al-Malik appreciate the protection that the Fleet offered to our stranded familiy member. Let me remind everyone, that Brave Sir Robin("oh, brave, brave, brave, brave, sir Robin of Camelot") has been in hiding on Malignatus since the Li Halan invasion, and was denied the right of evacuation by this expansionist house.
It is insulting to Us to repeatedly be forced to listen to unbased accusations of Us invading any of the Li Halan worlds. How hypocritical they are to simultanously forbid our troops from leaving the planet in question and, upon finding them, call them the invasion forces.
We are moving our transport to Malignatus' space to shuttle the noble back to safety, with the Fleet's protection. We understand that Li Halan will refrain from attacking this unarmed ship.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 21, 2009, 11:37:14 am »

After further consideration, and due to some logistical problems, we have decided to refrain from sending the before mentioned transport ship to Malignatus this year. It shall arrive the next year though. To show our peaceful intentions, we decided not to move Sir Robin from the spot where he is now.

edit: oh, and turn done

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 21, 2009, 11:44:04 am »

Remember our discussion Palazzo.  Don't think me a servant, or a fool.

Also, I won't be able to take my next turn until Monday, so you're all just gonna have to wait.  What a pity.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 21, 2009, 11:55:18 am »

Fear not, Aqizzar, I have understood you perfectly. I shall by no means launch an invasion under the cover of the Fleet. As declared before, there will be just a solitary, unarmed and empty ship moving into Malignatus' space. Unless Li Halan decides to disregard the will of all the other houses and proceeds to try and kill the (brave) Sir Robin, of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 21, 2009, 02:16:01 pm »

Fear not, Aqizzar, I have understood you perfectly. I shall by no means launch an invasion under the cover of the Fleet. As declared before, there will be just a solitary, unarmed and empty ship moving into Malignatus' space. Unless Li Halan decides to disregard the will of all the other houses and proceeds to try and kill the (brave) Sir Robin, of course.

That really depends on whether you accepted the peace deal or not.

Edit:
al-Malik turned down the offer of peace.  They also sent no ship into Li Halan space, a very strange thing to lie about.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:31:34 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 21, 2009, 03:34:08 pm »

Edit:
al-Malik turned down the offer of peace.
How dare you? You broke the peace yourself by attempting to assasinate my noble on Byzantium, then refused to pay the required reparation. It is not my duty to accept your cheap peace offers. Pay 2000fb and be off with it.
Not to mention that it's got nothing to do with the case at hand, as both house Decados and Hawkwood agreed that evacuation of the noble on Malignatus should be allowed. Are you going to defy the will of all the houses?

They also sent no ship into Li Halan space, a very strange thing to lie about.
Did you read my previous posts at all?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 21, 2009, 03:40:28 pm »

Edit:
al-Malik turned down the offer of peace.
How dare you? You broke the peace yourself by attempting to assasinate my noble on Byzantium

I "broke" the peace by attacking troops on Malignatius.  It was only once conflict had started that I decided to send my scouts to evaluate your defenses on Byzantium.

I must say that you are pretty damn high and mighty for someone who has now TWICE invaded my planets during a truce.

Edit:
The house of Li Halan is currently considering launching an attack against the noble of al-Malik whom we have isolated from his troops.  While there is wisdom in the position of Hawkwood on this matter, the fact is that we offered quarter to al-Malik and they turned it down.  What more could we do then that?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:00:52 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 53
« Reply #687 on: May 21, 2009, 10:51:10 pm »

(1)I "broke" the peace by attacking troops on Malignatius.  It was only once conflict had started that I decided to send my scouts to evaluate your defenses on Byzantium.

(2)I must say that you are pretty damn high and mighty for someone who has now TWICE invaded my planets during a truce.
1.So, you're saying that your aggression somewhere else somehow justifies your aggression on Byzantium?
2.INVASION is an action of moving troop ships over somebody's planet and landing them there. I have bloody never invaded your planets, apart from the First and only invasion of Kish. If you think otherwise, then you've got pretty lame ability to detect ships in orbit around your planets.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:56:51 pm by Il Palazzo »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 22, 2009, 11:25:32 am »

1.So, you're saying that your aggression somewhere else somehow justifies your aggression on Byzantium?

Yes, surprisingly enough, I feel that I owe nothing to someone who undermines me in every way.

2.INVASION is an action of moving troop ships over somebody's planet and landing them there. I have bloody never invaded your planets, apart from the First and only invasion of Kish. If you think otherwise, then you've got pretty lame ability to detect ships in orbit around your planets.

If this were true your troops would have starved years ago.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 22, 2009, 12:32:25 pm »

Yes, surprisingly enough, I feel that I owe nothing to someone who undermines me in every way.

If this were true your troops would have starved years ago.
1. Yeah, I've got every reason to, because, you know, you undermine me in every way.
2. Wrong! Because, you know, I wouldn't have thought about taking a supply of food from the bloody ARBORIUM that I occupied, right? Once again you show poor judgement and assess the situation wrongly.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70