Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Emergent Cooperative Comunity Storyteling Experiment A-001  (Read 9829 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Emergent Cooperative Comunity Storyteling Experiment A-001
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2008, 07:34:45 pm »

What little light there is flickers ominously...
Eh?
Eh!

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 07:41:48 pm »

The soldier speaks in a rough voice, "Night is falling... we must hide..."
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2008, 08:43:11 pm »

((that's a really good  Devath! and I guess the car was wrecked but I thought the next person should decide what happened so I didn't write it, but said next person never did.
Fenrir, if you mention cheese ever again you're banned from the game forever. ))

The camera flashes for a moment to one of the cultists looking at the area in some map program on a laptop, then back to it's original position.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2008, 09:36:32 pm »

The camera changes angles in a blur as a monstrous howl is heard from the street...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:45:16 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2008, 09:51:14 pm »

A very large shadow approaches from around the remains of a building...
Eh?
Eh!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2008, 10:04:32 pm »

...and begins to murmur words from a language no mortal has ever heard.
((Is this too long and/or cliche?))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 10:06:44 pm by Fenrir »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2008, 10:17:07 pm »

It advances slowly, and the soldier cowers...
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2008, 11:58:35 pm »

Spoiler: Edited Compilation (click to show/hide)
((I’m not even gonna bother with the additional stuff at this point. It just doesn’t fit, and this needs to show. We aren’t going to get epic stuff for quite a few posts if we adhere to the rule that we must follow the Story So Far (SSF) in theme and in pace. Right now, we do not need combat, horror, suspense or other so called “epic” parts of the movie. We need dialogue and a firmer establishment of the objects we have in hand.

On that note, we first need to establish which group of humans we want to use as the protagonists, and (get them into contact with the “underground bunker complex groupies” that were implied by my previous post) bring them into contact with a source of supplies (and ammo).
Secondly, we need to firmly establish what exactly the antagonists, these “atomics”, do. Why are they the antagonists? What makes them tick? What do they do that makes them the “bad guys”?

Once the antagonists and the protagonists are firmly established, which shall have to be done through a series of scenes in which the “atomics” do thoroughly antagonistic things, and in which the protagonists are harassed on the way to getting to their fortress-place. After this has occurred, the protagonists must remove the antagonists through a series of scenes that may take a while to go through.

The above are general plot points and do not have to really be followed by the letter, but it is generally a good idea to follow the structure of a plotline. Jumping around is silly and gets everyone confused. I just made one projected plot path. Other paths would have similar progression, and are based around the nature of the protagonist and the antagonist. The one I projected is the easiest to follow, the classic “good guy”/”bad guy” plotline. We never dedicated ourselves to anything.

We must complete each scene that is started. Skipping around doesn’t work. A character must be followed through the sequence of actions that is necessary to convey a detailed idea. No one understands sentence fragments, and no one understands scene fragments either. At present, we have established enough entities in the plot to make things work. We have to flesh them out before we even try to add anything new.

This is an unfortunate fact, so we gotta deal with it. The truth is, to post a continuation on this particular forum game, the entire thread must be read, which is why I am making these convenient compilations. Armok wants something good to come out of this, but structures must be adhered to for this to happen.

I know everything I just said may seem repetitive, or to some, like a whole lot of fiddle faddle and rot. I know I may have said something more than once, but that is because it is important. Realistically, it is mostly impossible to get anything good out of this community without strict rules, if the setup is of this nature, to build upon what has been built before. Unfortunately, the nature of this thread makes it so that we cannot make strict rules, in reality. However, if we compile the thread frequently, and drop “derailed bits” and explain why they were “derailed bits”, we can get somewhere, and retain a coherent story. This is not “Add 3 words”. Chaos is not the objective. Therefore, order must be kept. Thank you. Peace.))

((Armok, please reprimand my rant if the intent is only to see what happens, not to see what the best B12 can put out is. I know these forums have kindred that can read a plotline. There are some in BotG. Unfortunately, there are many in these forums that do not want to follow a plotline, and make it quite clear in their posts. We probably need to find someone here who can more eloquently detail the steps needed to form a coherent plot than I to speak up as well, but for now, here is my rant. There will be no post until we iron out what exactly we want to do with the SSF and the divergent pieces that invade it.))

Spoiler: Commented Compilation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:04:49 am by Devath »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2008, 12:33:49 am »

Ok, I'll start off a new idea from your suggestion Devath.

There is chaos everywhere, with humans running around carrying personal belongings.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2008, 02:39:16 am »

Ok, I'll start off a new idea from your suggestion Devath.

There is chaos everywhere, with humans running around carrying personal belongings.
((Huh? All I was saying was "Rewind, do over. We do bad." in a complicated fashion. I don't remember presenting any ideas...))
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 02:40:51 am by Devath »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 02:55:31 am »

((That rant expresed my ideas much better than i could Devath.
The idea behind it is something in between "just see what happens" and "making the best story possible"; I want a story without a human author, were nobody controls the direction of the plot and it carry along unguided due to it's momentum, but it should still be coherent and as it appears to be scifi also realistic. If you have to little control it becomes silly nonsense, if you have to much it becomes just an ordinary designed single-author story that only takes some suggestions.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 03:07:14 am »

((We're restarting?))

A massive mushroom cloud can be seen in the distance...
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2008, 03:46:49 am »

What? I meant, your suggestion to go back. As in, I put a new action instead of my previous one from where you said was a good point (after the gattling gun sound and the camera action).
I've played some mafia.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2008, 04:03:51 am »

((The post did not seem to fit after the description of the room. A change of camera should be stated when used.

EDIT: Never mind. I still see where you are coming from. I made an editing error. I did not intend to leave my own post out. (for obvious reasons). I made this error several times in the compilation, so I thought I'd caught all of them.))
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:35:44 am by Devath »

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2008, 09:39:06 am »

((Wall of text followed by thread dying. Continuing where left off.))

It advances slowly, and the soldier cowers...
The man closest to the trapdoor grabs it and pulls it down with a bang, his heart pounding...
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5