Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Emergent Cooperative Comunity Storyteling Experiment A-001  (Read 9832 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Emergent Cooperative Comunity Storyteling Experiment A-001
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:32:01 pm »

It's like add-3-words, but serious.

Basically, each post you add an event or description, a single thing happening in the story, examples of events can be:
The camera clips to a new scene. (might be stuff like latching on to a character that travels or passing time to)
A character or object enters the scene.
A character preforms a simple actions, or begins/continues/Finnish a more complicated one.
A character says one sentence. (can be inner dialogue)
A piece of description about a character or object or area, this should be about one normal-length sentence.
A narrator voice sentence, describe the sound of the voice.
A bringing to attention of some beginning change. (it is staring to get dark. the candle is almost burned down)
etc.

Double posting is not allowed.
Crowds may count as a single character/object.
This is SERIOUS, I have no way of policing it but please avoid silliness or overpowered stuff, this is not simply a parody of DF, it's a scientific experiment about this community and storytelling (not very SERIOUS science mind you, more mythbustes level).
No character is you or belong to you, nor anything else or belonging to anyone. Do not try to influence the future whit planing or plan out what you WANT it to be, instead try to move the story in the direction you think it is already going.
The idea is that this will be a story,, not whit many authors, but whit no author at all exempt the collective crowd-mind of the community.
to keep this orderly: ALL ooc should be in ((OOC double parenthesis)), ALL in character events should be in Italics, ALL conversation should be in "citation marks", ALL text at all shuld be in one of these, if you want to post something of topic at least have the courtesy to use (()).
Lastly, visual fan art is accepted as part of this, if it is TRULY specifically made just for this story, AND good quality whit some effort put into it it should be counted as canon.
Everyone feel free to make other topics based of this idea, and maybe in other communities to actually make it a real scientific experiment by seeing the difference.
The format of narration is like a movie, feel free to describe camera angels, as long as nothing appears or disappears from view because of it changing the camera angle is a free action.

The screen fades from black, the scene is a forest.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emergent Cooperative Comunity Storyteling Experiment A-001
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:39:27 pm »

The camera pans away from a small group of humans, stalking through the forest, in order to show the large mountain valley that the forest exists in
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:41:29 pm »

Spinning away from the mountain view, the camera shakily focuses on several large musthroom clouds rising in the distance, the direction opposite the group is heading in...
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:49:40 pm »

The camera advances steadily toward the scene of destruction, picking up a steady drum beat as it passes through the clouds, to reveal...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 10:50:25 pm »

The blasted remnants of a once great city, now empty, smoldering ruins...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:54:01 pm »

((I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:55:02 pm »

Starting faintly, the babble of voices- hoarse, guttural voices- can be heard as the camera pans down from high above then into the ruined streets. The camera rises over a fallen building allowing one to see the source of the voices:
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 10:58:32 pm »

((Some micromanaging to set standards: that was a bit long  PTTG, not so long it's disallowed, but it's stretching it.(Note: length is measured in implied content, not in words, words you can theoretically use how much you wont as you don't actually say something whit them) ))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 11:00:50 pm »

A strange procession of cultists in stained, torn robes shuffles through one of the few intact streets. Their skin is visibly peeling, and their harsh monotonous chant is muffled by the distant sound of roaring flames and the occasional forceful explosion.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 11:04:39 pm »

Behind them, a team of horses pulls a large adamantine wagon. It is completely enclosed, save for a few small slits. Strange sounds issue from within.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 11:07:23 pm »

((two more that are to long, a singe, non run-on sentence is a good rule of thumb. Also admantine? at least I got the impression it was a scifi setting.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 11:10:23 pm »

((Oh, sorry. My mind doesn't do sci-fi. I added one object, but I thought I should describe it.))
EDIT:
A piece of description about a character or object or area, this should be about one normal-length sentence.
Oops... Should I edit my post before it's too late?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, too late.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:12:21 pm by Fenrir »

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 11:11:23 pm »

As the chant continues, the camera races away from them, the chants quickly going into inaudiable ranges as the camera flies back to the group of humans...
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 11:13:44 pm »

((oh, no you are not supposed to describe things you introduce.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 11:15:19 pm »

((Is that addressed to me, or Fenrir?))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5