Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Etrupuc: NEEDS MORE BRAINS  (Read 3763 times)

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Living gateway for the demonic Laggabeast
    • View Profile
Re: Etrupuc: EarthTick, A Zombie Fortress Brought to you by me and Neoadept!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 11:06:16 am »

I'm going to eat a baby.

Microsift Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...r\Desktop\DwarfFortress6\Dwarf Fortress (6)\dwarfort.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I'll go to bug report with this. I'm sick and tired of not playing DF.
It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Neoadept

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you look at that hat?
    • View Profile
Re: Etrupuc: NEEDS MORE BRAINS
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 05:14:37 pm »

Hm.  Email me the save, then I can see if this is to do with your install or my mod.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:33:59 pm by Neoadept »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 07:19:42 pm »

You want I should try and upload it again?

Neoadept

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you look at that hat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 11:33:06 pm »

Nah, I need his save from after it stopped working.

darksaiyan

• Bay Watcher
  • Livin' with the dwarves since 2007
    • View Profile
    • The Game Reviews Database
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 06:23:16 pm »

Umm... Bump? I want this story to live on, it's too cool to stay not looked after. Why? ZOMBIES!

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 04:34:59 am »

* StrayCat looks around for anyone who would frown on his thread necromancy shenanigans.

Alright. So. I've gotten through applications (hooray!), have been accepted to at least one college (double hooray!), have a decent academic scholarship (thrice hooray!), and now just have to make it through AP's and a quarter and an... eighth... of a year.

I'm thinking of starting this up again.

New map, new cast, new craaaazy plot (alright, not really, but you'll never know), and new Zombie mod release.

Hold onto your horses, ladies and gents, I'm going to check a few things with my computer, see if it can support a standard game of DF first. Then the modded .85 zombie release. Then I'll add in my own little tweaks, and if it all runs, and I can let up multiple saves, well, dandy! If not, I'll start with taking out my tweaks, then ask for general help from there.

I'll run a random-gen map (sorry Inaluct) to cut down on how utterly screwed my games seem to end up. From there, I'll go with the flow.

Consider this thread risen again.

EDIT: I can successfully keep a fortress, save, close, and open it back up. Hooray. I'll try with the zombie mod soon enough.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:39:36 pm by StrayCat »

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 12:27:08 am »

Id given up poking the corpse of this thread with a pointy stick searching vainly for signs of life.  looking forward too it.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »

Well, that's what zombies are for.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 04:03:01 am »

;D
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 12:09:25 am »

Well, I've successfully zombified my game, saved, exited, and came back without my computer shitting all over itself. Update to come this weekend or early next week. Reboot begins.

EDIT: I've got the map up and running through the first year, and it's a doozy. I've managed to fry my charger for my laptop, so 6 to 14 days (it was 6 last time) before I get a computer with DF and safe unmonitored access to B12G forums. I think I know how Duke Nukem 3D feels right now.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:45:52 am by StrayCat »

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 11:16:08 pm »

Know when I said that I wouldn't be posting for 6-14 days?

I lied.

---------------------------------------------------------

15th of Slate, Mid-Spring, 201.
Log of Perom Doslaivak "Scribeslings", Leader of the First Guard, Citizen of The Dipped Tome, member of the First Guard, Bookkeeper of the first guard.

Preparations are underway for the movements of the annual horde migration. Though they should be upon us by mid-fall, we will be self-sustaining by then. The primary defense constructions are underway, and the miners Jepum Guloisun "Girderbasis" and Tekud Diloltohwot "Bannerscratch" have been making adequate progress. The Supply Line will check up on our location next year to see if our outpost has survived long enough to be deemed usable. The Reclaimation Effort has no room for the weak. I look upon this turn of events as a gift, as we will have additional time to make certain of our defenses before working on our trade depot.

Our jack-of-all-food-related-trades, Durpul Altlelammen "Roughnessflesh", when not tending the animals, has taken to exploring the countryside. This has led to her learning to outrun billy goats, a giant eagle, two fire imps, Batman, and several cave swallowmen. Her agility must be remarkable.

The Mason and Engineer sit idle, whilst the woodworker deforests a small valley that I have deemed easily maintained for our needs. It will be walled off and attached to our fortress with nothing but sheer cliffs about it.

The animals are well, as they should be. As soon as the butchery is set up, we shall make certain their good health is continued so the muskox, war dogs, and cats breed in safety so their young may be harvested.

Several plans for a well have been plotted and rejected. I am wary of its construction, though it shall be necessary for the inevitable onslaught of corpses.

All goes according to Plan.

---------------------------

Updates will reflect, as always, my availability and the temperament of my computer. I had no idea when I selected this location I was in for the creature delights that have occured. Savage, chasm, HFS, bloaters, brutes, Giant Eagles, some very pissed goats, irate cave swallowmen, and fire imps are some highlights. I also have an underground pool and river somewhere in addition to my brook. I have big plans for this location, no matter how many bodies the foundations of Earthtick shall be built upon.

Hail.

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 12:13:36 am »

It's raining. It's always raining. It could be in the middle of the day, and it'll be raining. God, I am really starting to hate rain.

I used to think it was nice, really. Better to be out in the open rather than ruining my eyesight in a bunker some miles down in the earth, damaging my hearing with taking apart the tower caps with a chainsaw since I could hold one long enough to cut logs. I'm sure my arms are malformed from that, I know they must be bending differently than other people's arms. I'd gladly be underground now
 considering how absolutely horrible this rain is. It's a cold, wet hell here. There's just no end to it. I'm certain I'm going to catch my death out here from all of this-

What was that noise? Who said that?

Ulco stood up and wiped his chin, eyes bulging. He whipped his head back and forth, bringing about his chainsaw. He stared through the pouring rain, and tried to focus through the thunder.

I'm too overworked! he thought to himself. It's no wonder I'm hearing things. Or maybe it's just one of the others playing tricks on me. They're so cruel, can't they see I need to be taken care of? I mean, I work for them all day, and

"OH SHIT!"

-----------------------------------
13th of Limestone, Early-Autumn, 201.
Log of Perom Doslaivak "Scribeslings", Leader of the First Guard, Citizen of the Dipped Tome, member of the First Guard, Bookkeeper of the First Guard.

They have come.

We are not ready to wait out a siege. The well plans... were lost, and the improvised stream moving through the bunker will not be walled off in time.

I assume from the movements of the undead that they are heading for our first entrance, which buys us some more time. Ulco the Woodsman made what would normally be an adequate alarm, but the other five are all around the countryside not doing as I've told them. I've sent Ulco to find them and bring them all back. Work is not yet completed. We can not die yet. Not all of us.

The farm is not yet complete, and we are out of plants for distilling to make a temporary source of liquid sustenance to aid in walling off the Northern entrance.

We have had adequate time to wall off the main entrance and divert them towards a single line of defense. Three to four weapons traps consisting of wooden serrated discs and wooden spiked balls should be constructed by the time...

I hear a crash. The time is now. I have ordered Ulco to his post. I shall search what little we have uncovered for any of the Signs. If something is found, I shall send the Message. If not, we are seven more corpses in a land of the dead.

We shall sell ourselves dearly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well good golly God DAMN have things come to a head in a quickness. Let's see what happens, shall we?

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 09:13:51 pm »

Spring break!

Although as tempting as it is to simply allow them all to die- which has happened dozens of times (thanks again Neoadept, a challenge has been given!), as soon as I'd reclaim- which I'd do- I'd have 200 military men trouncing about kicking tail because of the chasm and probably other things under the earth as well. My framerate would die, and it would NOT come back to life. Now then, seven survivors, stuck in the wilderness... with a leader going insane? Sounds like my cup of tea! Expect minor changes, but with spring break upon us, whenever I'm not doing my psyche project on Howard Hughes or touring my future college, I'll be updating.

And yes. There will be blood.

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 05:55:42 pm »

Decision made. This placeholder will be removed after the update tonight.
Pages: 1 [2]