Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: God form selection?  (Read 941 times)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
God form selection?
« on: December 13, 2008, 11:14:08 am »

1039. Fixed up a problem with fish stockpiles, god form selection for flying ones, creature placement in hostile environments vs. caste, caste litter sizes, some skill availability stuff, updated safe temperature stuff, placed totem flags on bodyparts so it knows which ones can make totems.

Any idea what this might be? Or is it a typo?
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: God form selection?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 12:01:34 pm »

Hint: this is future of the fortress topic material.  ;) [Toady surely reads that topic, and he tends to reply there also.]

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 09:49:36 pm »

I'm guessing it refers to what gods select their physical manifestations as during worldgen, and a problem arose with a god of flight taking the form of a beaver or something like that.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:43:04 pm »

I'm guessing it refers to what gods select their physical manifestations as during worldgen, and a problem arose with a god of flight taking the form of a beaver or something like that.

Well that makes perfect sense. If he wanted to prove he was the god of flight, he should fly as a walking animal, such as a beaver. By dwarf-logic, it makes perfect sense.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 04:59:30 am »

During worldgen, gods have to fill out a form, stating their allergies, medication, sexual preference etc..
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 03:22:23 pm »

Well gods of flight don't HAVE to take the form of flying animals... Most flying gods I can think of are flying land creatures... excluding dragons.

But I can only guess the game wasn't made to recognise the difference between a land and flying creature.

Though I will admit though that as a suggestion for Toady if by chance he reads it, perhaps he could add "Flying" to a land creature if it is a flying god.

"This god often takes the form of a Winged Beaver, pixies, and a speaking flute"