Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Lanternwebs (The End!)  (Read 80047 times)

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
Re: Lanternwebs (To War!)
« Reply #345 on: May 22, 2009, 04:30:35 pm »

Yeah, but DC makes you go creature by creatures, which for giant sieges would be annoying. Although if you do, you could write in the existence of ancient orc champions, who have heard of Lanternwebs and wish to crush us.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 22, 2009, 04:44:59 pm »

And army of Multi-Legendary Orcs?

We WOULD get crushed...

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 22, 2009, 04:47:12 pm »

70 Lanternwebs champions? I think not.

Whats this? WorkerDrone doubting our abilities in a fight? WHERE IS YOUR FIGHTING SPIRIT. GET OUT THERE AND FIGHT THE ENEMY. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY OR HOW STRONG, IT ONLY MATTERS THAT YOU FIGHT.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 22, 2009, 04:48:36 pm »

80 Orc Champions? Who feel no pain? Who have no exertion?

Um, yeah. Totally, they would totally kick our asses.

Oh and by the way, I'm not doubting we wouldn't fight and kill MANY MANY MANY Orcs, just we would end up doing a last stand before finally falling.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 22, 2009, 04:49:55 pm »

(read above edit)

Also, i never meant armies of the orcs; just make the local leader a champion, have him surrounded by an honor guard of slightly stronger orcs, and everyone else is the same.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 22, 2009, 04:52:51 pm »

Yeah, and I was talking about AN ENTIRE ARMY of Multi-Level Orc champions, not just a few.

Just a few? Oh we would beat the shit out of them still. Perhaps with one or two losses.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 22, 2009, 06:49:34 pm »

Over 8000?  Hmm?  Hmmmmmmmm?  Nah.  42.

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 23, 2009, 10:06:01 am »

The real question to life, the universe, and everything:
How many Dwarf Companion buffed orcs it takes to kill one Lanternwebs champion.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 23, 2009, 10:41:24 am »

I believe that question has no answer. Becuase even if you said unlimited the universe would have collapsed on itself long before the champion gets tired.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 23, 2009, 11:08:57 am »

Which one?

*ZING*

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 26, 2009, 04:08:24 pm »

From the Journal of Queen Vucar Lektadlór, Autumn 115

The fortress is strangely quiet, now, with the departure of nearly a third of our number to fight the trolls in distant lands. Though the clash of steel on steel still echos from the barracks, it is much diminished. The workers are as busy as ever, of course, but the fortress still feels empty, carved for far more than now occupy it.

They did not, however, leave before I could award Silvereye a title for his contribution to the defense of the fortress. Thanks to his prowess with his crossbow, not a single goblin made it past the entrance bridge. Although Workerdrone and Grimes complained about him hogging all the kills, I have named him Silvereye Ashokkivish the Fenced Raven of Rushing. At the Duchess's request, we shortened the traditional months-long celebration of the naming of a Hero to a single night of dwarven rum and cave wheat flour biscuits topped with syrup, a party that everyone departed happily from.

I have also now seen the product of one of the "all-consuming ideas" Flint had told me about earlier, and I can easily see why it is that they tolerate their strange behavior. From the hands of a mere furnace operator sprung the steel spear Alisdetes, a masterfully balanced piece of work with a crown of steel spikes at the base of the head, giving way to spirals of clear glass and orc bone around steel studs down the handle to the grip, wrapped with giant olm leather. Just above the grip is a band of interlocking brook lampreys in green glass, and just below is an image of slaves in steel. The head itself is astonishingly sharp, able to draw blood with the slightest touch, and is beautifully inlaid with beak dog bone to form a scene of Tosid ordering the foundation of Lanternwebs. It is as much a work of art as it is a weapon of war, and when the Grand Army returns I will order that some dwarves be trained to wield spears, so that they may bear it proudly into battle.

-------------------
Updates will likely be a bit slow this week and next, as I'm getting ready to speak at a conference and putting the AsciiDraw talents of Workerdrone to use illustrating the assault.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 26, 2009, 04:32:16 pm »

Between the now and the then, I'll try to quarter any and all work on my plate so everyone gets what they wants.

For Rysith I plan at least five pictures a day completed, or as much as goes with the excerpts he sends me. And when it comes to the battles, I'll try to capture the scenes as seen in his mind, usually with a large amount of images. By the end of the slack period when he's done sending me excepts, I should have the promised 40 or so images, but mostly its a trade off of pictures, because he'll still be doing the story as well as he can with the Adventuring party, I'll only be doing the pictures of what he can't illustrate ingame.

For my Forum Game I'll have only have time to bother with two updates perhaps a day, most of them short, and that's only if I'm done with the work Rysith has for me. Usually I'll still be able to get one in at least. I like AsciiDraw, its fun to use, so you can at least count on me to attempt actually working on something and not being lazy.

Until further notice I won't be taking on any thing else, but when I'm done with Rysith, I'll start dragging out more ideas.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2009, 02:48:44 pm »

No game update today, but as promised here's an overview of what all of the dwarves are doing, even the ones that haven't been mentioned in the story for a while (sorry!). If you're in the military (which most of you are), you've already "left" for Sosadcerol, so no picture of your current location.

Argentum:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Flint:
Grath:
Grimes:
Hat:
Kheskeim:
Nichaey:
Radhe:
Shoruke:
Skjald:
The Duke:
Silvereye:
The Tooninator:
Umir:
Wizardmon:
Workerdrone:

And WorkerDrone, orcs are nopain/nofear, not noexert. In fact, the only reason we were able to kill the master lasher from a while ago was that he overexerted to unconsciousness. When Lanternwebs gets up to 80 champions (as it should soon-ish), it should be an interesting battle.

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2009, 02:54:45 pm »

I hat children..or hate them.

I like how you set everybodies profiles up, that must of took a while.  Good jorb!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2009, 03:01:58 pm »

Note the blood spatters surrounding Toonyman's head. AND AROUND HIS MOUTH.

HE EATS HIS KILLS. THAT'S WHERE THEY'VE BEEN GOING-OH GODS.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30