Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solved - Problem with [40d] Version 16, Mayday  (Read 916 times)

Sourlout

• Bay Watcher
  • L-l-l-ook at you hacker
    • View Profile
Solved - Problem with [40d] Version 16, Mayday
« on: December 12, 2008, 05:33:47 pm »

Solved - for using the latest Mayday release, a new world must be generated.

[Figured this post should be here since it is deals with a mod bug, not a bug in the actual game]
[Edit - The latest Mayday's release comes with something called Stone Control.  It, by default, has all the stones listed, even non-economic type, in the z->stone list so that you can forbid the use of common stones so that your mason shops or craft shops will use the flux to make better crafts. Sorry about that.]

I started a new base and had a couple of dwarfs (butcher, stonecrafter) enter into a fey mood, however they wouldn't enter any workshops.  (I am not sure if I had the shops built before of after)  I know about the stonesense control , so I went into the stone menu (z -> stone) yet, only economic stones were listed. [Edit - whereas, with stone control, as stone types should be listed] 
Yet, I was able to create workshops/walls/floors with both chalk and felsite lying around...

Now that fort I embarked to, was in a world map that I have previously generated (and found to be *awesome*).  When I created a new world and embarked, the stone menu did contain all the stone in the map; it appeared the stonesense control  was working.

Hmmmm.....

[btw, Mayday, thanks for the releases.  I was able to introduce DF to my wife due to the graphics.]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 06:44:53 pm by Sourlout »

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with [40d] Version 16, Mayday
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 05:48:02 pm »

I... have no idea what your question/problem is. The stone menu just lists all the economic stones and you can set whether or not you want them to be used for normal purposes as well (like building workshops). It always lists all the economic stones in the entire game, not the map you're in... If that's your issue.

Also when a lot of a certain economic stone is present on the spot you embarked it'll be listed 'use for normal purposes' by default. I guess this can count as a 'stone sense'...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 05:49:35 pm by Pruvan »
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

Sourlout

• Bay Watcher
  • L-l-l-ook at you hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 06:01:05 pm »

Sorry about the lack of detail, edited my previous post to be clearer.

Basically, my problem is that does stone control require a new map to be gen in order to function properly?  It appears that it does, since my dwarfs have issues using workshops when in fey moods.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:04:03 pm »

Any normally economic stone (like Chalk, I think) that forms an entire layer on your map will be used normally by default. Felsite isn't economic (I don't think, anyway). Make sure you have the right workshops available for your fey dwarves: unskilled will go stonecrafter, bone carver, or wood carver, so make sure you have a craftdwarf's workshop available.

The stone control would not be working since it will add a reaction, and thus require a world re-gen to take effect.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.