Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Dwarfs stuck on tasks.  (Read 697 times)

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
[40d] Dwarfs stuck on tasks.
« on: December 12, 2008, 06:47:44 am »

On various occasions a dwarf would get stuck in whatever task it was doing for several minutes. I never noticed if they snap out of the job to go to sleep/eat/drink because once I notice they're stuck I cancel the job they're doing and they go on their business as usual. Reassigning the same job to them does not reproduce the bug.

The tasks I've witnessed having this bug had been wall/floor detailing, pickup eqp and felling tree tasks. With the pickup eqp task it becomes very obvious as the dwarf in question just stands where he/she is with the stuck task however unlike the other tasks I wasn't able to cancel the job by drafting/undrafting the dwarf though they managed to snap out of it by themselves later on when I wasn't paying attention to them. So far I've yet to see a dwarf stuck indefinitely doing something in a workshop.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Dwarfs stuck on tasks.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:08:41 am »

Check their inventory to see if they're carrying anything unusual with their hands.  Also, try messing around with their weapon settings.  This sounds similar to the bug where dwarves can't pick up a two-handed weapon unless they're set to use two weapons.

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:21:58 am »

Check their inventory to see if they're carrying anything unusual with their hands.  Also, try messing around with their weapon settings.  This sounds similar to the bug where dwarves can't pick up a two-handed weapon unless they're set to use two weapons.

That might apply for getting stuck with the pickup eqp task, but I didn't check back then and they resolved themselves sooner or later. Though it doesn't explain why they get stuck doing tasks such as felling trees and detailing floors.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 11:13:56 am »

They might be trying to pick up an axe for felling trees.  But yeah, it doesn't explain the floor detailing.

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 11:42:22 am »

Not sure about this, but it did appear that the tasks got stuck when they start doing it. e.g. After designating a bunch of trees to be chopped the dwarf get stuck at the first tree (I know it's the first tree 'cos I saw him go after the northwestern most tree before noticing he was stuck there several minutes later). After I undesignated that tree he went on to the next tree and felled it normally so I assume the axe was already correctly placed in his hands.

I didn't notice when the mason got stuck while detailing floors but I'd hazard a guess he got stuck with the first assigned tile he went to as well since I assigned only a few tiles to be smoothed over.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯