Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ivory...  (Read 1419 times)

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
Ivory...
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:42:05 am »

Does Ivory work?  I read that trying to smelt it just results in frozen furnace operators because it hasn't been implemented yet.

And yet, some humans just tried to trade me an ivory ring.  What's going on? o_O

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Ivory...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:20:58 pm »

An ivory ring! These humans have created a miracle, all hail the great humans!

No, ivory will not implemented be implemented until the next release, I don't know how you got an ivory ring, but it is a miracle.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 06:39:05 pm »

Those Humans must be hiding all the Ivory so only they can use it.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:43:33 pm »

Whoa, ivory!

Are you running vanilla?

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 06:46:28 pm »

I'm running a severely modded game and have been noticing a lot of bizarre glitches.  The humans also sent a hamlet liaison along with their usual guild representative.  The liason started out with the normal dwarf liaison speech, middled with "What a nice place you've carved out for yourself." and then finished with the normal dwarf liaison goodbye.  And then the guild representative came and did his usual thing.  I think that might just be a result of me adding CIV_CONTROLLABLE to humans, though. o_O

Other than that, only mods I've made to humans were giving them muskets and shovels.

EDIT:  And giving them DOMESTIC as their SELECT_SYMBOL so I'd get human civs like The Copper Tummy and The Mighty Spoon.  :D

ACE91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SECTOR91 Productions
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 07:34:25 pm »

I'm running a severely modded game and have been noticing a lot of bizarre glitches.  The humans also sent a hamlet liaison along with their usual guild representative.  The liason started out with the normal dwarf liaison speech, middled with "What a nice place you've carved out for yourself." and then finished with the normal dwarf liaison goodbye.  And then the guild representative came and did his usual thing.  I think that might just be a result of me adding CIV_CONTROLLABLE to humans, though. o_O

Other than that, only mods I've made to humans were giving them muskets and shovels.

EDIT:  And giving them DOMESTIC as their SELECT_SYMBOL so I'd get human civs like The Copper Tummy and The Mighty Spoon.  :D
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SPOON!

It's better than "The Empire of Cats," at least.

Someone really needs to start a "funniest civ names" thread.
ACE91, Programmer cancels Strange Mood: Went insane.
because there's only one reality.
Says who?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 07:35:19 pm »

Yeah, the liaison/guid rep issue happens when you have [DIPLOMAT] and [MERCHANT_NOBILITY] on the entity entry for your controllable civ. It happened with my Modded pixie civ, so i know.

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 07:37:16 pm »

on-topic, IIRC, some materials were put in the game, but not yet implemented -generally-, I think it were ivory, pearl and some other materials.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 07:53:07 pm »

Last I heard, Pearl was the only one that didn't boil at 0.  Since the human traders didn't freeze where they stood, I guess ivory works too. o_O

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 07:54:21 pm »

I've gotten stuffs decorated with wood and stones off invader armies and traders, so it's not the only thing being weird  ;)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 02:49:57 am »

Yeah, the liaison/guid rep issue happens when you have [DIPLOMAT] and [MERCHANT_NOBILITY] on the entity entry for your controllable civ. It happened with my Modded pixie civ, so i know.

So that'd be why the elven hamlet liaison showed up at my gobs-reclaimed-by-humans fort (and claimed to be from Mountainhomes before tree-haggling)? Hmm.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 01:30:07 pm »

I've gotten stuffs decorated with wood and stones off invader armies and traders, so it's not the only thing being weird  ;)
No, those are a case of US being the only things that CAN'T do it.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 04:40:09 pm »

Ivory is and has been in Dwarf Fortress for years now, it's just that in the move from 2D to 3D (I believe, perhaps even earlier) it was rendered unusable and hasn't been restored to functionality yet. Will be in the new version, however, along with [HORN] and [PEARL] (I believe) as well. Dig through the raws you've got now, they're there.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.