Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Unlikely Assassins (Accepting applications!)  (Read 10956 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Unlikely Assassins (Accepting applications!)
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 04:27:00 am »

Perhaps the werehouse is not the best place for a hideout. A tempory one at best. Why not go underground? Literally. Surely there will be subway tunnels and if you can find some abandoned ones or make a place down there then you could go undiscovered for ages and yet be able to go almost anywhere you wish if you make the tunnels that go there or find some that already exist.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2008, 01:52:43 pm »

Dirt flies up in massive clods around Damien, his shovel like claws finding no resistance in the damp earth. Various machinery parts lie in a heap beside him,It appears he is trying to make a metal - enforced underground hideout of some kind.

Decided. Now its up to you to figure out where I am, as I have no idea about the geography of Berlin. I don't mind if I'm in someone's backyard, the main tunnels are all underground, reinforced by plates Damien salvaged from the cars, and all the tunnel entrances will be well hidden.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2008, 01:59:48 pm »

"We'll all build this game! It'll be glorious! And what better way is there to claim souls than with an online video game?"

The albino drops the golden bowling ball. It lands on the ground with an unceremonious thud.

"Oops."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2008, 02:23:18 pm »

"Right... the cloud seems to give enough cover. The magnetic lattice is set up. Activating Alpha weave." Deep inside the dark cloud above the outskirts of the town, the lightning have subsided. In their stead, pure white light blazed, flash after flash - the only indication of the ongoing construction. The black-armored man, no longer caped but instead interwoven with silvery webs, worked furiously, channeling pure energy in vast quantities into his surroundings, shaping the outlines of a floating platform. Only a thin structure of metal for now, suspended in the Earth's magnetic field.

<ooc> Again, the magnitude is up to Fualkner. I know I should be pretty low on power at the moment, I'll search for sources later.</ooc>
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2008, 03:06:32 am »

<ooc>It seems we now have one temporary hideout, two permanents in the making, and who is Zako?</ooc>

"Mr Whiteyman, don't you need a computer first? Where do we get one?"

The kid looks around in the warehouse to see what is stored here, and then picks up the golden ball and tries to fiddle with it.

Hello? Hello? Warehouse to Darkwing Duck, come in Darkwing Duck!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2008, 05:59:14 am »

Im currently just watching, not playing.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2008, 06:03:42 am »

<ooc> Ah ok :) Also, a werehouse is a wonderful idea (typo's provide infinite random creativity). Is it a man that turns into a house at full moon, or a house that turns into something terrible at full moon? </ooc>

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2008, 06:13:30 am »

<ooc>I'd say the former. I remember some children's book that had a certain character with a coat that could transform into a small house. Also, the ball is more mundane than you think. It's just gold.</ooc>

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2008, 06:31:25 am »

After fiddling with the golden ball somehat, and the ball not reacting to anything he tries, the kid puts it down again, obviously puzzled by it. He proceeds to take out a big felt-tip from his back-pocket and starts drawing on the ball. It now looks exactly like this:
 :)

The kid looks bored.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2008, 10:14:37 am »

<ooc>Wait, wouldn't a golden bowling ball weigh like... Hundreds of pounds? Anyway, we can buy computers with it.</ooc>

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2008, 10:20:57 am »

<ooc>Yes, it would. For the sake of not creating a history-altering paradox, crushing inalucts' foot retroactively, it is now assumed to be hollow. Or so I propose  ;)</ooc>

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2008, 10:50:24 am »

<ooc> Let's just assume it kinda rolled there on its own.:P I don't think it'd be hundreds of pounds though. My best estimate, not knowing the actual density of gold, is around 25-30 kilograms. </ooc>

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2008, 11:07:41 am »

<ooc>Assumptions are not acceptable!  ;D
The volume of a weighted bowling ball from United States Patent 6027412 multiplied by the density of gold gives us
5344 cc * 19.3 g/cc = 103139.2 g or 103.1392 kg.

Enough to shatter all the bones in your foot, and you'll need two or three adults to carry it. Therefore, I say it was/is hollow. Its purpose is still unknown AFAIK.</ooc>

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2008, 11:19:09 am »

<ooc>Its purpose is being a bowling ball made of gold. Even if it's hollow and weighs about 20 kilos, it's still solid gold in its purest form. I could make the gold into bars, but they're a more complex shape and couldn't be made in such an offhand manner. :)</ooc>
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:24:25 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2008, 04:34:49 pm »

((Sorry guys, I had a hellish day, preparing for a French Revolution test I took today. Vive la Revolution! Anyway, to the game...))

@Sean: You are able to create a lightweight metal platform, a 50' diameter circle, however the act nearly drains you of all energy. Anything else will completely empty you.

@deadly: Your tunnels are of reasonably sturdy construction, however the material you were able to carry from the garage was only enough for about 20 feet of 6-foot diameter tunnels. ((I assume you are building in the warehouse, correct?))

@Siquo: The things in this warehouse are bits and peices: 2x4's, cheap furniture, lightbulbs, hand tools, flash drives and cloth to name a few of the things you've found. There isn't a true organization to the place, at least not one that is obvious right now. (Also, bonus points for the RP.)

((If I missed anyone, quote your post. Also, a few of you have asked about how to recharge energy. Well, for basic (organic) functions, food will do. A charge-up for basic machinery will work too. However, tasty human souls are always the best energy, especially for big jobs, like creating matter *cough* Sean */cough* You could pull massive amounts of electrical energy, but that is still quite weak. Also, souls can boost your powers to new heights, allowing you to level up in a sense.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7