Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Unlikely Assassins (Accepting applications!)  (Read 10951 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Unlikely Assassins (Accepting applications!)
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 06:23:38 am »

"Many buildings... good cover, but so expectable. That voice... whatever it was, it asked for a base of operations..." The man chuckles slightly. "Heh. My last base was set inside the base of the Everest...  didn't stop it from being destroyed. We need something... mobile." He turns to the others. "Find us a temporary shelter. I will handle the main base. Battle interface, Darkwing mode!" As he says the last phrase he touches his forearm. The boots and gauntlets on his armor fade to black. The belt disappears, leaving only a glowing red orb on his waistline. Dark pentagonal plates form from the scales of his armor and cover his body, shaping small shoulderplates from which a dark cape extends behind his back. Dust flies into the air from under the man's feet, as if thrown up by a powerful wind. The man slowly rises into the air, then spins around, wrapping himself with the cape, and vanishes from sight, only faint trails of disturbed air indicating his path through the atmosphere above the city.

<ooc>So basically I observe the city from above, but not so much the city itself as movement above the city. Yeah, I plan to make a flying fortress. S.H.I.E.L.D.-type.</ooc>
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 08:14:16 am »

"Darkwing mode"? That guy watched one to many cartoon...

The child giggles. It's unnerving. Very unnerving. Almost as unnerving as his too-big head with too-big eyes and way too many sharp teeth in his too-big mouth.
Temporary shelter it is then, I'll be back in a swallow, boys!
While you wonder what that meant, he hopscotches around a pillar and is gone.
When he returns a minute later he explains he has looked at warehouses in the neighbourhood, to see if there were any abandoned or empty ones for temporary shelter. And he found a kittycat who just followed him along.

<ooc>Up to Faulkner what I found, and whether the kittycat I brought is alive or a rotting corpse  ;D</ooc>

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 09:26:39 am »

While everyone busied themselves, looking at the fancy machinery, there sat a pile of feathers in the corner. Those that busied themselves seldom noticed it, regarding it for nothing.

Slowly, the wings around its face folded back up, revealing a face with a giant beak and human eyes. The looked onward at the busy bodies.

*SQUAWK!* it cried. What's wrong with my voice? *SQUAWK!*

Some of them turned around and stared at it. It was slightly embarassed, but could hear some of the talking going around. It looked down at its body and *SQUAWKed* another loud *SQUAWK!* This can't be real... No, it can't be...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 02:22:41 pm »

The albino man picks the bowling ball like object up off his foot. He looks at it.

In the distance, the sounds of people watching football and screaming about it can be faintly heard.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 02:36:24 pm »

@Sean: Planes fly in from several directions, criss-crossing the sky with plumes of acrid smoke. Any sizeable building up here would be collided with quickly.

@Siquo: A little tabby cat with one ear and a ragged scar across its face follows you back, looking for food. He is quite skinny. The warehouses in the area aren't abandoned, but some are large enough to hide in easily.

Map of surrounding area as you can see it:

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 03:11:24 pm »

<ooc>Well, now there's the question of what the hell are the blue square thingys, and which are the warehouses. :P</ooc>

"This will be... difficult." Invisible to all but the most trained eye, the dark caped figure floated in the sky, evaluating its surroundings. "For something of sufficient size to be concealed here, it would need to be... downright intangible. And yet we can always try." With that, the man picked up speed, and disappeared inside the fluffy whiteness of a nearby cloud.

Some minutes later, a dark thundercloud was spotted moving outside of the city, against the wind, flashing and sparking with discharges of lightning.

<ooc>I'm not familiar with the normal weather you could see in Berlin, but I don't think it's always clear and sunny out there. Therefore, a cloud would make for meager cover for the ongoing construction. And would probably deter aircraft as well. :P The current size of the cloud is for Fualkner to decide, which will essentially limit the external size of what I'm planning for now.</ooc>

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 04:32:02 pm »

It's a medium sized cloud, and you can keep it in thundercloud form if you keep plugging energy into it... but good luck keeping it up for long. Thunder is enormously powerful, one bolt is enough to light New York (Entire city) for a second.

(The squares are from Google Earth, where the image is from. Also, it isn't obvious from your position what's a warehouse or not.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 05:56:37 pm »

<ooc> The lightning's just me tugging the cloud away with electrostatics, I won't keep it up for long, I just need it as cover. I supose I'll wait for others to do something before I continue with what I planned.</ooc>

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 06:32:19 pm »

@webadict: Hey birdy, are you ok? Feel well? Bist du krank? Geht's noch? Gaat het nog een beetje? Va bien? *SQUAWK*?

Hey guys, I found a place where we can hang out and play for a while. Oh andehm say hello to mr. Tribbles! He helped me find it!
Mr Tribbles hisses at something invisible.
Come on, it's not too far!

I lead those willing to follow to an infrequently used corner of a large warehouse nearby
So? Whaddaya think eh? Great or what?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 07:41:54 pm »

Inaluct realizes this is quite good a place, the servers fit right THERE, and it should work for the rest of the stuff to. It is very exiting, this idea is gonna make you rich, the enthusiasm is almost CONSUMING you... upon thinking that it becomes less so all of a sudden, you find yourself thinking the concept of family for a fraction of a second but not long enough to contemplate it. Funny, if the concept of an idea itself REALIZING something wasn't completely ridiculous...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2008, 09:27:17 pm »

Note to Inaluct: Armok and you are sharing the character currently, if he tries to do something that's completely against your character's will, then a battle will commence over control. Armok, try to refrain from possessing other characters, and transfer yourself as soon as you can.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 09:40:08 pm »

well, actually if I did something completely against the characters will the character would simply not do it, it's all suggestions.
for leaving: I'm trying to.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2008, 10:17:46 pm »

"Guys, we're making an MMORPG. We'll be rich!! This warehouse is perfect!!"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 02:33:35 am »

<ooc>And suddenly everyone forgot the golden bowling ball... oh well. :P</ooc>

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 03:46:44 am »

Oh no, the nice white man took the bowling ball with him, it's ok!

As everyone including the child wonders what that was about I want to

<ooc>Introduce A New Power! If found too ridiculous I'll leave it at this once: My character can read <ooc> statements.</ooc>

I like computer games! They always want to play with me. Not like the other kids. Stupid kids. I showed them. I showed them. Who's laughing now, Leo legless? Are you laughing, Felicia faceless? How about you, disemboweled Bob? No, no you're NOT! Can you build games mr Whiteyman? I like games. A lot.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7