Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this usual stuff?  (Read 840 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is this usual stuff?
« on: December 11, 2008, 05:14:44 pm »

I think I've just found the biggest motherlode of natural resources to possibly exist. I have on site a magma pipe and pool, an underground river and pool, HFS, flux, a river, trees, and plenty of bauxite, aluminum, tetrahedrite, copper, and natural soil. So far the only two downsides I've found is a lack of iron ores and a lack of sand. My main question is this... Is it normal to have all these features packed in like that? Most of the features start just 1 or 2 levels below the surface, I accidently hit the magma pipe and the cave river just carving out workshops 1 level below the ground!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
Re: Is this usual stuff?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 05:36:17 pm »

I have on site a magma pipe and pool, an underground river and pool...

I've never had all four of them together, but two-three isn't impossible imo.

HFS, flux, a river, trees, and plenty of bauxite, aluminum, tetrahedrite, copper, and natural soil. So far the only two downsides I've found is a lack of iron ores and a lack of sand.

I've had all this before, with a chasm/bottomless pit as well as sand and too much gold and hematite but without bauxite.  So it's hardly unique, just very rare (and nice).

How big is the area by the way?
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

E-mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 06:01:34 pm »

I know numerous people that would like to have the seed and location for this incredible find. I am probably one of them.

This is possible, but EXTREMELY rare.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 06:27:41 pm »

The area is just the standard 6x6. E-mouse, if you give me the baby steps I'll get you the seed for it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 06:29:16 pm »

Not strictly rare just not many of those sites in one world.

Your not going to pick just any old location (or even mountain location) and get one, but you should find one with a bit of searching... At least I think so... I never go for Magma as I get tons of trees.

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 10:19:06 am »

indeed kinda rare, but overall possible if you get lucky in world gen

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 03:22:58 pm »

Depends on the definition of "rare".  Among potential sites, it's very, VERY rare, with extremely few sites even approaching this one.  Among sites that are actually used, as E-mouse's post implies, it's significantly more common ;)
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 04:01:05 pm »

Whoa, that's a decent area! If it's terrifying even, it's just simply perfect. Care to post about the seed and location infos?
I am lazy to type in that how can you do that, so after a quick search, I've found a topic+post about it.  8) ->

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20638.msg251158#msg251158